Windows 10: 1909 removed hibernation

Discus and support 1909 removed hibernation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, After installing Windows 10 1909, my power button no longers allows me to hibernate. The same is true when I try to to restore it through power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AlHuizinga, Apr 11, 2020.

1. 1909 removed hibernation

Hi,

After installing Windows 10 1909, my power button no longers allows me to hibernate. The same is true when I try to to restore it through power options. It appears to have been removed. I rely on the feature and I'm sure other do too. I've had to roll back to the previous version twice now. Please HELP!!

:)

AlHuizinga, Apr 11, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Apr 11, 2020
  4. 1909 removed hibernation

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

1909 removed hibernation

1. 1909 removed hibernation - Similar Threads - 1909 removed hibernation

2. Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.: I have set the windows power settings as it put my system to hibernate when I close the lid on power off , but do nothing when power supply is on. I observe that when lid is closed and power supply is removed it doesn't hibernate the laptop?...
  3. Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.: I have set the windows power settings as it put my system to hibernate when I close the lid on power off , but do nothing when power supply is on. I observe that when lid is closed and power supply is removed it doesn't hibernate the laptop?...
  4. Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Hibernating

Hibernating: When I turn on my pc, it is in hibernating mode, then shut down, so I cannot start my work. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernating/58aa51f9-379b-4c1b-af30-3041255b2bc0
  6. System doesn't come back from hibernation - 1909 issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    System doesn't come back from hibernation - 1909 issue?: Recently, whenever I hibernate my system, and then start it up again the next morning, Windows boots up as though I had done a complete shutdown. It may be only coincidental, but I upgraded to 1909 about a week ago. 146979
  7. Feature update 1909 breaks reboot, shutdown, and hibernate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update 1909 breaks reboot, shutdown, and hibernate: After updating to feature update 1909, my computer started freezing during all reboots (the reboot animation freezes, and won't continue even after waiting 5+ hours). Hibernate is also broken - when I start the computer from hibernate, the screen turns off, and the computer...
  8. Hibernate

Hibernate: I'm unable to select hibernate option in the power menu. There seems no options select or deselect eithe of the options. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernate/b1b51cc5-5be7-4cac-b0b4-4c776d805fe8
  9. Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option: I have noticed that after every update for Windows 10, the update removes my Hibernation option. I always have to use the command prompt with Administrator rights to reinstate the Hibernation option because it is has not been an option to restore it in the Settings (one...
  10. Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?

Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?: Hello all, I have 3 questions regarding putting a PC into a lower energystate. 1. Can the PC be damaged if I turn off and remove the Power Supply and opening the case to clean the PC, while the PC is in Hibernation Mode instead of having it fully shut down? 2. I've...