Windows 10: 1909 Still Not Presenting Itself as an Option to Upgrade

Discus and support 1909 Still Not Presenting Itself as an Option to Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We are a month away from the end of 1809 support and when I manually check for updates, 1909 still never presents itself as an option as the Knowledge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottMFT, Apr 10, 2020.

1. ScottMFT Win User

1909 Still Not Presenting Itself as an Option to Upgrade

We are a month away from the end of 1809 support and when I manually check for updates, 1909 still never presents itself as an option as the Knowledge Base articles show. Is there a way to seek it out or will Microsoft provide me with it as an option to upgrade before May 12?

:)

ScottMFT, Apr 10, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Ramhound Win User

Completely missing Dot Net in Windows 10 -1909?

.NET Framework is built-into Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows 10 version 1909. It is not possible for at least this version of the .NET Framework to be installed.

The error you have received, is likely due to the fact the application you are attempting to use, is specifically trying to target a version of the .NET Framework you don't have installed. I suggest using official Microsoft tool to download a Windows 10 version 1909 ISO. You can use the Media Creation Tool and/or the Upgrade Assistant. Windows ISO Downloader was only recently updated to support .NET Framework 4.8 on November 8th 2019. If you were not using Version 8.22, and would like to still use the tool, you need to download that version.

RaymondCC .NET Detector looks at registry keys that are created when you install .NET Framework. It does not support the .NET Framework version that are included with Windows 8.0+

The built-in version of the .NET Framework for Windows 10 version 1903 was .NET Framework 4.8

.NET Framework 4.5+ has never been located in the list of Windows Features for any version of Windows. The lack of .NET Framework 3.5 is likely due to your WinSxS directory not containing it.

You can install .NET Framework 3.5 if you run the same command you ran, but provide a source, to the components you need.

This is due to the fact the .Net Framework 4.8 is already installed on Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows 10 version 1909. .NET Framework 4.8 is an in-place upgrade to .NET Framework 4.5

This normally only happens when you have moved vital folders like the user's profile to a non-standard location.

Your inability to install .NET Framework 3.5 is extremely easy to fix and likely the reason your unable to run the third-party application. Perform the following steps to solve that problem.

1. Download a Windows 10 version 1909 ISO
    2. Mount the ISO within Windows 10
    3. Run the following command, the command assumes, the drive letter assigned to the virtual mount is D:
      • DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs

Source: Deploy .NET Framework 3.5 by using Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)

Ramhound, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. 1909 Still Not Presenting Itself as an Option to Upgrade - Similar Threads - 1909 Still Presenting

2. Still on Ver 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still on Ver 1909: My Windows 10 is still on 1909 i have tried dozens of times to install 20H2 but every time i do the mouse will not work and i have to navigate using the arrow keys. Device manager is empty void of all drivers and all Microsoft could offer was " buy another mouse" No drivers...
  3. Windows version is still 1909? No option to update to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows version is still 1909? No option to update to 2004: I can't find the option anywhere? submitted by /u/diamondrel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lvvzvj/windows_version_is_still_1909_no_option_to_update/
  4. Option to upgrade to 20H2 is not present in 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Option to upgrade to 20H2 is not present in 1903: Greetings, I am currently trying to upgrade my machine to the latest October update 20H2 from my 1903 This is a Windows 10 Enterprise but the option to do so isn't available from what I can see I have tried using the Windows 10 Update assistant as well but says that I am...
  5. Brightness control option not present

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness control option not present: I cannot change the brightness on my computer at all. The option is not there on my new Windows 10 Pro Desktop PC. I have 2 monitors and I cannot control any of the brigtness. I have an AMD Radeon Graphics software on my Gigabyte graphics card. I have also updated my drivers,...
  6. Laptop presented this screen, then started itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop presented this screen, then started itself.: My laptop was sitting idle while I read a page, it then restarted itself without me touching it. After a while, again sitting idle as I read, this screen came up and froze; then restarted once again. It seems to be working fine currently, so I am backing it up before it...
  7. Upgraded to 1909 and the Event viewer still crashes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upgraded to 1909 and the Event viewer still crashes: Unfortunately upgrading to version 1909 did not prevent the Event viewer from crashing. The administrative view survives with a few entries, but sorting by any column it crashes . . . . and always crashes when the log is large. So, to see any log entries, I clear all the logs...
  8. CLIPBoard feature still not present

CLIPBoard feature still not present: this was a great feature, im using third party. why is it taking so long to fix? not to say that i will start using it, maybe third party will still be better. but im notified of this great feature, and i honestly gave up on hoping for features from windows, so i was...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant uninstalled but winsows10Upgrade folder is still present

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant uninstalled but winsows10Upgrade folder is still present: Hi all, I've not Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant installed on my PC (since i not remember if and when i've uninstalled it) but the folder is still present on my PC. How can i do to check (in addition to Programs And Features view) to check if I've still installed the...
  10. Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present.

Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present.: I needed to use polish characters, so I installed the Polish keyboard.[IMG] I unchecked every checkbox. [IMG] And when I was done, I uninstalled the language, so the menu looked like this back again: [IMG] But I still have Polish Typing in my "Optional Features" menu...