Windows 10: 1909 updat frozen

Discus and support 1909 updat frozen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I clicked update windows 10 1909. It is frozen at 99%. According to microsoft :Open file explorer - type C:\$GerCurrent press enter. Nothing comes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Todd Gilbert, Jan 10, 2020.

1. 1909 updat frozen

I clicked update windows 10 1909. It is frozen at 99%. According to microsoft :Open file explorer - type C:\$GerCurrent press enter. Nothing comes up when doing that. It just endlessly says "searching". I also went to view and checked "hidden items". I do not see $GetCurrent. Kinnda weird instructions anyway, it says. Copy and paste media folder fro getcurrent to desktop restart PC, copy and paste media folder on desktop to toC:\GetCurrent. That doesn't seem to make sence. Last time I tried updating same thing stuck at 995 and ended up with a black screen and $150.00 teck support bill.

:)

Todd Gilbert, Jan 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

1909 updat frozen

1909 in the offing?

No. I'm suggesting that to install 1909 first Setup installs 1903 (18362) then it switch on the 1909 (18363) features with the Enablement Package.

1909 is not a full Feature Update in the normal sense, this is the first Feature Update to be performed via a form of cumulative update. See my post #115

Thema:

1909 updat frozen

1. 1909 updat frozen - Similar Threads - 1909 updat frozen

2. frozen at 98% update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frozen at 98% update: my laptop has frozen at 98% after shutting down and performing the latest update. have tried restarting, still stops at 98% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-at-98-update/bf86d6c9-eabf-4ccd-8d82-44b4edf26f1d
  3. frozen at 98% update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frozen at 98% update: my laptop has frozen at 98% after shutting down and performing the latest update. have tried restarting, still stops at 98% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-at-98-update/bf86d6c9-eabf-4ccd-8d82-44b4edf26f1d
  4. frozen at 98% update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Frozen update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Frozen update: Cummulative KB4601319 build 19041-804 Ver2004 Never had issues before this cum update , stuck at 74% for 2 hrs . Checked troubleshooter > system needed to be restarted .Proceeded to restart and received normal notice (wait win is getting ready to restart) . Screen then stuck...
  6. update 1909

update 1909: Has anyone lost use of their computer due to this update? My computer will not boot up or even respond to the power button since the update was installed. I cant even reach the bios to change the boot order so I can use the rescue disk. Any suggestion on how to proceed?...
  7. Update 1909

Update 1909: when will update 1909 be available for me on windows 10 Pro? I have windows pro 10 update 1809. Please Advise my emails are navymist *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Windows update frozen

Windows update frozen: My windows 10 asked me for an update and two options from which I chose the option 'Update and shutdown'. The update started and then at 23% it shutdown my laptop. To check whether the update completed I restarted the laptop and went into system updates folder where it...
  9. Updates frozen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates frozen: In the update screen (settings-update & security) it shows the following updates are available, and further down the page it shows Downloading Updates 0%. this has been the same figure for about 8 hours and no advance. Not doing any other work on the laptop, so all resources...
  10. Creators Update— Frozen ;_;

Creators Update— Frozen ;_;: Installed creators update. Windows freezes while booting up. Gets passed boot up screen to get into BIOSCIENCE but Windows can't load. It freezes [img] 84009