Windows 10: 1909 Update broke stuff

Discus and support 1909 Update broke stuff in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Well here we go, After the 1909 update this morning, My Strafe RGB Mk2 keyboard is no longer recognized by my iCUE software and now Paintshop Pro X6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GP40X, Aug 14, 2020.

1. GP40X Win User

1909 Update broke stuff

Well here we go,

After the 1909 update this morning, My Strafe RGB Mk2 keyboard is no longer recognized by my iCUE software and now Paintshop Pro X6 will no longer open or save an image. Not shjure what else is broken yet. Running WIndows Pro 64 1909 (OS Build 18363.959). Any ideas on how to fix it?

:)

GP40X, Aug 14, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Aug 14, 2020
  4. 1909 Update broke stuff

Windows 10 1909 broke Bluetooth drivers

Hello Mr,

Good day!

I'm Jericho, a fellow customer and an individual advisor.

You can try referring the steps provided in the link below with regards to your issue with Bluetooth drivers after moving to Windows 10 1909.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have other queries/concerns.

Cheers,

Jericho

JerichoFlores, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1909 Update broke stuff

1. 1909 Update broke stuff - Similar Threads - 1909 Update broke

2. Stuff broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuff broke: I have logged back onto my pc with windows 11 after a week and a bit of not using it and my microsoft store, xbox app, EA launcher, Ubisoft connect and epic games launcher have all been signed out of and wont let me sing back in, and steam says im offline. microsoft store let...
  3. Stuff broke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuff broke: I have logged back onto my pc with windows 11 after a week and a bit of not using it and my microsoft store, xbox app, EA launcher, Ubisoft connect and epic games launcher have all been signed out of and wont let me sing back in, and steam says im offline. microsoft store let...
  4. New windows 10 update completely broke a lot of stuff

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New windows 10 update completely broke a lot of stuff: So, I recently got a notification saying that my windows 10 version was unsupported and that I needed to update. So, I updated overnight and when I woke up in the morning, almost everything on the taskbar was broken. My applications in the taskbar are fine and clickable, but...
  5. Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc: After getting on my PC this morning after an update last night, I noticed my audio was no longer working. Weirdly enough I cannot fix it even after forcing windows audio services to restart multiple times. All my drivers are working correctly. I also cannot open my documents...
  6. i think the latest windows update broke some stuff...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i think the latest windows update broke some stuff...: so after I got the latest windows to update today is Jul 3, everything looked different like windows settings and my browser, discord too and and why is my hotbar suddently larger. sometimes windows just suddenly crashes. It just says please wait and we will collect the...
  7. Version 2004 broke stuff...

in Cortana
    Version 2004 broke stuff...: 1 cannot type in taskbar search box. Mouseover makes border bold but focus will not switch into box with active cursor. 2 same issue with search box in windows sucksplorer... 3 emoji picker does not work... neither win+. nor win+; 4 stay tuned for more... Thanks for...
  8. Win10 1909 broke bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1909 broke bluetooth: After an upgrade from Windows 10 1903 to 1909, my bluetooth is broken. When enabled, my PC beeps constantly and the Device Manager flashes like it is adding hardware. If I disabled BT in Device Manager, the beeping stops....
  9. Scrolling is broke on win10 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling is broke on win10 1909: Scrolling is broke on win10 1909 ver. 18363.535, it works in explorer but nothing else; store, settings and everything else it just scrolls to the top of the page,in settings as soon as you select an item it goes back to the top. I have ran sfc/scannow and not integrity...
  10. Win10 1909 broke bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 1909 broke bluetooth: After an upgrade from Windows 10 1903 to 1909, my bluetooth is broken. When enabled, my PC beeps constantly and the Device Manager flashes like it is adding hardware. If I disabled BT in Device Manager, the beeping stops. In Win10 Settings, there is no option to turn BT...