Windows 10: 1909 update install fails, even using MCT

Discus and support 1909 update install fails, even using MCT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I tried everything and I have no clue how to update W10 to 1909 version. Update from OS doesn't work. From MCT too instalation gets to 100% and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matthew_826, Feb 27, 2020.

1. 1909 update install fails, even using MCT

Hello. I tried everything and I have no clue how to update W10 to 1909 version. Update from OS doesn't work. From MCT too instalation gets to 100% and fails. I have 160 GB SSD free. I was trying by now:

1. update troubleshooting utility find nothing,
    2. uninstalling antivirus + Malewarebytes
    3. this solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-failure/156adfb8-e7e1-46fa-b5c6-cbd5dcfebbb9
    4. cleaning c:/windows/software distribution

In the meantime KB4538156 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 was successfully installed.

Logs:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_yCuH7EczQgg1EW-7e02QUpX-V?e=Kvo4zL

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_yCuH7EczQggwWMRoDLcdDSZOd?e=YgfWNt

:)

Matthew_826, Feb 27, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 27, 2020
  3. DickC1978 Win User
    1909 Feature update using MCT to Create an ISO

Ok--I found some info about the new Feature 1909 update. The text states it will act like normal monthly updates from Windows Update.

And with the last updates for 1903 the bits of 1909 have been installed in a dormant state.

So does this mean that the Install Now option in Windows Update for the Feature 1909 will proceed like the monthly Quality Updates and not be a major reinstall like the previous Feature Updates had been?

I am at 18362.476 now and the Feature 1909 update shows as optional in the Separate Module of Windows Update with the Install Now button.

I did get the MCT for 1909. Would the Create ISO option work the same as the previous version create ISO? In other words the 1903 ISO was saved in 30 minutes plus 20 minutes to verify and about 5 minutes to move it into the location I selected to save
    it at.

Or will the new ISO take less time to save and verify?

Or will the Windows Update Install Now be a much faster Patch In.

DickC1978, Feb 27, 2020
  4. 1909 update install fails, even using MCT

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

1909 update install fails, even using MCT

1. 1909 update install fails, even using MCT - Similar Threads - 1909 update install

2. Feature Update 20H2 fails even after fresh 1909 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature Update 20H2 fails even after fresh 1909 install: Hello, For the entirity of last night I've been trying to update to 20h2 from 1909. I have tried the solutions from all the answers that are circling around including: Stopping bits, crypto and wupdate services, clearing up software distributions folder etc. Updating all...
  3. "OptionalComponentOpenPackageFailed" during Repair install using MCT

"OptionalComponentOpenPackageFailed" during Repair install using MCT: Hi guys. Need your advice as I'm literally banging my head against the wall... My specs are included in the profile description + see following link for full info (HP Notebook - 17-y042ur): https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05333465 Windows Version number: 2004...
  4. Windows update to 1909 failed to install

Windows update to 1909 failed to install: I can't get the 1909 update to install on my pc. I tried all of the troubleshooting suggestion I could find but nothing seems to work. I even tried installing from a USB drive but to no avail. Als part of my taskbar doesn't work anymore after my pc rolled back the update....
  5. Windows update 1709 to 1909 fails to install

Windows update 1709 to 1909 fails to install: Hello, A friend of mine wants to play minecraft windows 10 edition, but this is not possible because his windows version does not match the system requirements mentioned on the store page. No problem, just update windows, everything fine. Except, we couldn't update...
  6. 1909 Update installation failed

1909 Update installation failed: I have tried updating my Windows to 1909, it downloaded just fine. But the installation isn't taking place. It keeps on showing Update services shutting down. P.s Please note, I have read about the manual update information but cannot proceed as I don't have a hard drive...
  7. Failed installation of update 1909: 0x8007042b

Failed installation of update 1909: 0x8007042b: Hi, I have been trying intermittently since yesterday to update to 1909. SFC comes out clean. Hoping someone here can help. Thanks in advance for any assistance!...
  8. 1909 Feature update using MCT to Create an ISO

1909 Feature update using MCT to Create an ISO: Ok--I found some info about the new Feature 1909 update. The text states it will act like normal monthly updates from Windows Update. And with the last updates for 1903 the bits of 1909 have been installed in a dormant state. So does this mean that the Install Now...
  9. Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT: Windows Update says it downloaded the update but every time it runs, it fails. The failure message is almost immediate. there is no error # associated with the failure. Only the generic, "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later". I tried...
  10. Updating to version 1511 after Clean Installation using MCT?

Updating to version 1511 after Clean Installation using MCT?: For those people who CLEAN installed Win 10 using the Media Creation Tool, will it automatically update to Threshold-2 (version 1511 Build 10586.36) through Windows Update once installation had been completed? Or does that have to downloaded separately? And what is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 mct

2. kb4538156 failed to install

3. kb4538156