Windows 10: 1909 update on surface pro 2

Discus and support 1909 update on surface pro 2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tried to update my surface pro 2 to 1909 win 10. Failed many times. Code. 0x8000ffff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bachsyd, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Bachsyd Win User

1909 update on surface pro 2

Tried to update my surface pro 2 to 1909 win 10. Failed many times. Code. 0x8000ffff

:)

Bachsyd, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

Surface Pro

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro update history | Surface firmware updates

Surface Pro 2

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. 1909 update on surface pro 2 - Similar Threads - 1909 update surface

2. Surface will not update to Windows 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface will not update to Windows 1909: My surface won't update to 1909 despite having 45 gigs of free storage and administrator access. Can I please have some help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-will-not-update-to-windows-1909/9987cd14-df48-4d60-9321-15b09caf5b9b
  3. Microsolft Surface 2 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsolft Surface 2 Pro: The laptop started having problems not starting and was under warranty at John Lewis. I arranged for the unit to be collected and read about backing up the hard drive so I purchased an ssd 1gb portable usb drive and followed instructions to backup the drive which took around...
  4. Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 2: Just bought a second hand Surface Pro 2 which replaces my pathetic acer aspire. (from a electronic buy sell store) and its brilliant. Pen and keyboard inclusive. 2 year warranty Q: Pen and touch is active but what software do I need to 'write' on the screen. I have looked at...
  5. Attach Issues Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Attach Issues Surface Pro 2: Hi, I’m using a surface book 2 which for the last week has been spontaneously detaching (notifications and changes in default usage modes from oc to tablet). Now the computer is unusable - as it doesnt recognise being attached, won’t detach, and as such cant be charged...
  6. Surface Pro 2 Keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 2 Keyboard: My keyboard won't type, nor will touchpad work. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the cover twice but still get alert that something's wrong with driver. Where do I go from here? Can I replace the driver? I'm current on Win 10 updates. I've cleaned contacts. Help!...
  7. Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones

in Windows 10 News
    Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones: New Surface devices, along with new innovations in Windows and Office 365, offer more performance and productivity across your whole life. Today we are proud to share four new Surface products with the world. Products built for people. We put our hearts and souls into...
  8. Unable to update to 10166 on my Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update to 10166 on my Surface Pro 2: I currently have Win 10 Enterprise Insider Preview 10158 on my Work Tablet (Surface Pro 2.) I am signed into My MS account, set for fast ring, made sure it activated after its last update to 10158. If I check now for any updates, it says it "Your device is up to date." Does...
  9. Surface Pro 2 Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 2 Issues: All,Last year I purchased a Surface Pro 2 from a friend of mine. Everything was working great until earlier this year. I woke up one morning and I wasn't able to access Windows. When I boot up, I was sent to the UEFI screen. I couldn't get pass it. I researched this problem...
  10. Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 News
    Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2: Surface Pro The following update will be available in Windows Update and listed as “System Firmware Update – 2/24/2016” when you view your update history. Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1909 on surface pro 2