Windows 10: 1909 Update prompts a change in perceived performance?

Discus and support 1909 Update prompts a change in perceived performance? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I updated 3 machines last night to 1909. An 8th gen i7, a 7th gen i7 and a Pentium gold. This could be a placebo effect, but it does feel like each of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by scoob101, Nov 20, 2019.

1. scoob101 Win User

1909 Update prompts a change in perceived performance?

I updated 3 machines last night to 1909. An 8th gen i7, a 7th gen i7 and a Pentium gold.

This could be a placebo effect, but it does feel like each of these machines runs slightly more smoothly after 1909 - small stutters seem to be reduced or eliminated.

Does anyone see the same thing or is this confirmation bias??

:)

scoob101, Nov 20, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 update 1909

Hi Sarthak

No you do not need to update to 1809 - 1903 if you are currently on version 1803, then version 1909 will appear in the list of updates and will automatically be installed on your PC since 1803 has run out of support

You do not need to do anything, 1909 is currently spreading around the world, just give it time to appear in the list of pending updates . . .

DaveM121, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    1909 in the offing?

No. I'm suggesting that to install 1909 first Setup installs 1903 (18362) then it switch on the 1909 (18363) features with the Enablement Package.

1909 is not a full Feature Update in the normal sense, this is the first Feature Update to be performed via a form of cumulative update. See my post #115

4. 1909 Update prompts a change in perceived performance?

Windows 10 update 1909

Hey,

I've just clean installed windows 10. It is build 1803.

Today awesome 1909 have launched. I want to update to 1909 but in settings it is showing me option to upgrade to 1809. My friend told me I have to upgrade to 1809, then 1903 and then finally 1909.

I want to directly upgrade to 1909 without going through intermediate steps. How can I do this?

Sarthak Purohit, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1909 Update prompts a change in perceived performance?

1. 1909 Update prompts a change in perceived performance? - Similar Threads - 1909 Update prompts

2. Poor System Performance since updating Windows 10 to 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor System Performance since updating Windows 10 to 1909: We are seeing quite a few system faults with explore.exe with quite a few of our users. We see this app fault consistenly with some users and it is causing performance issues, windows movement lag and video lag. We have adjusted Performance options to best performance and...
  3. Folder settings changed after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder settings changed after 1909 update: So i've finally updated to 1909 from 1809 and i used to folder view settings backup tool on this website however when i go to restore the settings nothing changes. Example my downloads folder remained group. Other folders that were full of pictures stay in detailed mode...
  4. PERFORMANCE ISSUSE WITH WINDOWS UPDATE 1909 2

PERFORMANCE ISSUSE WITH WINDOWS UPDATE 1909 2: I've got a brand new Acer Predator Helios 300 and been playing many games absolutly perfect with all max settings on with 90-100fps. Ive been playing Ark:Survival Evolved and it's been running perfect, not an issue to report. Played on it lastnight and again perfect....
  5. Slow System performance after windows 10 1909 update!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow System performance after windows 10 1909 update!!!: I had recently upgraded to windows 10 before upgrading i was using windows 7 ultimate and was fine with it . After windows 7 ending support i finally decided to switch to Windows 10 . I wanted to see whether it was stable so i borrowed an old installation disk from one of my...
  6. New Laptop Not prompting for Update from 1903 to 1909

New Laptop Not prompting for Update from 1903 to 1909: Hello, Just purchased new Lenovo Laptop that had1809 out of the box. Did all available updates and have latest 1903. Not getting the optional update prompt for 1909. Should this be available for all supported computers? Thanks...
  7. Font changed after 1909 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font changed after 1909 Update: For some reason the font changed to italic or something like that for some reason (see taskbar and right click menu). Any clue why that happen? I tried to restore default fonts through Control Panel but had no luck, any help is much appreciated submitted by /u/Lefty_K98...
  8. My computer doesn't perceive the battery.

My computer doesn't perceive the battery.: Since I reseted my computer, it doesn't perceive the battery. I updated the drivers, I tried all solutions in internet but it still not perceive. The battery isn't old, I used it for 3-4 times....
  9. Script optimization, command prompt performance

Script optimization, command prompt performance: Good evening, Regarding the morning message, please do not look at me with the optimization, performance, and prompt scripts. I mention that you have sent me a message and told me that the expert will send me a reply Wait for response! Thank you! A good evening!...
  10. Perceived System Requirements For Threshold

Perceived System Requirements For Threshold: Hi Folks: I know it's speculative at this point, but I'm curious as to what system requirements (or even what virtualization requirements) will be needed for the Nine preview. I currently run Vista x64 on a Dual Xeon 3.68 GHz HP workstation, and I find that I am unable to...