Windows 10: 1909 update will not happen!

Discus and support 1909 update will not happen! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop has now being trying to update for 2 solid days, with automatic updates on and it only just came up in needed updates. Now has finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DixieL1, Dec 11, 2019.

1. DixieL1 Win User

1909 update will not happen!

Hi, my laptop has now being trying to update for 2 solid days, with automatic updates on and it only just came up in needed updates. Now has finally finished 'allegedly'. Laptop says it's up to date, no more pending updates but in the same breath says I'm on an unsupported Win10 version and I should consider updating...………..well I would if the update was actually there!, on investigation only seems to have taken the 1903 update.

MS updates are tres frustrating these days, my lappy regularly gets stuck at the 89% old chestnut and then decides to uninstall, keeps trying to update and then eventually decides to, usually taking a good couple of days of the lappy just being sat there attempting to update/ Running windows 10 pro, this is an awful customer experience Microsoft

:)

DixieL1, Dec 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 11, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 update 1909

Hi Sarthak

No you do not need to update to 1809 - 1903 if you are currently on version 1803, then version 1909 will appear in the list of updates and will automatically be installed on your PC since 1803 has run out of support

You do not need to do anything, 1909 is currently spreading around the world, just give it time to appear in the list of pending updates . . .

DaveM121, Dec 11, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 1909 update will not happen! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

1. 1909 update will not happen! - Similar Threads - 1909 update happen

2. Updating To update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating To update 1909: Hi i'm trying to update to update 1909 and it let me do it but when i go back to check it says that Im not up to date and Your device is missing important security and quality fixes....
  3. This happen when i update window 10 to 1909. What to do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happen when i update window 10 to 1909. What to do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Born_Science [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hueczy/this_happen_when_i_update_window_10_to_1909_what/
  4. update not happening.

update not happening.: hello team microsoft, i am having a problem that i cant update to the latest version of windows i am stuck in the version 1809, as when ever i try to ypdate it gets stuck on 90%, and it also says that "your current version of windows is going to be out of service". Please...
  5. update 1909

update 1909: Has anyone lost use of their computer due to this update? My computer will not boot up or even respond to the power button since the update was installed. I cant even reach the bios to change the boot order so I can use the rescue disk. Any suggestion on how to proceed?...
  6. What Happened to USB keyboard trackpad in Win10 1909 January 2020 update

What Happened to USB keyboard trackpad in Win10 1909 January 2020 update: The January update has destroyed my RCA tablet/2-in-1. It was working OK up through the December update. January update rolled in this morning. Now, the trackpad is dead, completely, the keyboard is laggy, and the touch screen requires several punches to make it do...
  7. Error updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error updating to 1909: I've been getting error 0x8007007e when trying to install the November 2019 1903 Cumulative update and 1909 Update. Can anyone explain what is causing this error and how to fix it? submitted by /u/Hikaritoyamino [link] [comments]...
  8. Update 1909

Update 1909: when will update 1909 be available for me on windows 10 Pro? I have windows pro 10 update 1809. Please Advise my emails are navymist *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Updates not happening

Updates not happening: my system shows updates available but they don't download. Just sits there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-not-happening/c5b3b260-17ad-420b-8349-fb132f96d942
  10. Update not happening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update not happening: My PC is frequently, every day or so, trying to update Windows 10. It gives me no option to refuse. When it reaches about 56% the machine reboots and it restores my previous version. This has been going on for weeks. I am getting more than a little annoyed at the useless...