Windows 10: 1909 was the last stable release for my system?

Discus and support 1909 was the last stable release for my system? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, 1909 worked fine, if not perfectly on my current gaming/working rig. But after upgrading to either 2004 or 20H2, the system keeps freezing out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/defchris, Nov 18, 2020.

1. 1909 was the last stable release for my system?

Hi,

1909 worked fine, if not perfectly on my current gaming/working rig. But after upgrading to either 2004 or 20H2, the system keeps freezing out of nowhere while using the Netflix app. Sometime within minutes after starting a stream, sometimes I can watch the whole evening long but then experience the freeze out of the blue:

• Ryzen 3700X
    • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
    • Corsair 64 GB RAM (2x32 GB DDR-3200)
    • Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti G1
    • a TP-link Wi-Fi card (that I was going to pull out anyways as I've got internet through Ethernet)

The last thing I notice is that the UI freezes. Whatever sound plays goes off. I'm able to move the mouse pointer as if the system was clear, but the UI does not react on clicks. Then after a minute, the mouse pointer doesn't move anymore, either.

Things I've ruled out so far:

• RAM issues
      Memtest x86, and Windows Diagnostics do not bring up any issues
      issues persists with XMP being either turned off and on
    • CPU issues
      No overheating: There's a Dark Rock Pro 4 on the CPU, all fans are running, temperature in stress tests never exceeds 75°C
      Independent from PBO, Standard clocking, or Eco-Mode
    • GPU issues
      I had a suspicion that my GPU's RAM may have become faulty, but the Furmark stresstest runs for an hour in 4K without issues. Also games run on 1909 without problems that show signs of faulty GPU RAM.
    • SSD issues
      SMART of the 970 Evo ins the system is fine, condition is "good"
    • Old BIOS/Drivers
      Went through the system and updated BIOS and all drivers before running the upgrade
    • USB devices
      Freezes occur with devices other than Keyboard and Mouse present or not
    • Fresh install/upgrade: For 2004, I've made a backup of 1909, installed 2004 fresh but had to restore the former system again.
    • Snake oil software or Antivirus software: Other than Windows Defender, there's nothing running. As this is my working machine, I do not surf around looking for crap that contains malware.
    • In the event viewer, all I can see is "Error 41" as only critical error which is the cold reboot of the system.
    • If I happen to have the Task Manager running, to observe tasks, I notice that the CPU is running at ~ 31%

I'm about to roll back to 1909 once again on this system... but I hope there's a solution to this until May 2021... Has anyone an idea?

My secondary system (3400G / Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H / Crucial DDR-2666 / Zotac GTX 1060) has no such freezes with 2004 / 20H2.

submitted by /u/defchris
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/defchris, Nov 18, 2020
  2. RR2103 Win User

1909 Release date

Version 1909

Systembuilt 18363

www.deskmodder.de 18363.10022

Will a complete Update be available ? Do You have any idea about the reported errors of 1909 in the startup and the security options ?

RR2103, Nov 18, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    1909 Release date

Hi Moatassem

While there is no official release date, it is expected that version 1909, will be released approx. on Patch Tuesday in October (2nd Tuesday of October)

If you are already running, that will be downloaded automatically as a cumulative update to version 1903, rather than as a full Feature Update . . .

Otherwise, the release of 1909 will be similar to the 1903 release, it will be a stepped release to compatible devices first . . .etc.

DaveM121, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

1909 was the last stable release for my system?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1909 was the last stable release for my system?

1. 1909 was the last stable release for my system? - Similar Threads - 1909 was last

2. How to get stable system performance..??!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get stable system performance..??!: hi..these are my system specs..!iam looking forward to get stable framerates in gaming..and system balanced performance..these are my specifications...CPU : i7 9700kGPU : RTX 2060 superRAM : 16gb hyper furyBoard : z390 - i rog strixliquid Cooling : NZXT Kraken X...
  3. How to get stable system performance..??!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get stable system performance..??!: hi..these are my system specs..!iam looking forward to get stable framerates in gaming..and system balanced performance..these are my specifications...CPU : i7 9700kGPU : RTX 2060 superRAM : 16gb hyper furyBoard : z390 - i rog strixliquid Cooling : NZXT Kraken X...
  4. BSOD not stable system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD not stable system: From new reports to the first. My system is feeling unstable since I installed it, I recently change the SSD because the same problem but in M2. Mostly unstable on streaming videos I think******************************************************************************** **...
  5. BSOD not stable system System service exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD not stable system System service exception: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while executing a system service...
  6. Latest stable release of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest stable release of windows 10: Can anyone tell me the latest stable build no. of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-stable-release-of-windows-10/68ed355a-d6a4-463e-9933-38d2f7d35482
  7. Windows 10 stuck on release 1909

Windows 10 stuck on release 1909: My Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Gen laptop seems to be stuck on release 1909 of Windows 10, which has twice been superseded by versions 2004 and 20H2. The Windows Update tool says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once its ready for your device you'll see the update...
  8. Update on Stable channel releases for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Update on Stable channel releases for Microsoft Edge: In light of current global circumstances, the Microsoft Edge team is pausing updates to the Stable channel for Microsoft Edge. This means that Microsoft Edge 81 will not be promoted to Stable until we resume these updates. We are making this change to be consistent with the...
  9. Windows 10 X64 Pro Release 1909 System Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 X64 Pro Release 1909 System Protection: I volunteer my times at a local high school gifting laptops to students. Last week after 9 years I gifted my 1,000 laptop. My question deals with cloning software. I built a hard drive and a SSD with high school software which includes Windows 10 X64 Pro. After cloning each...
  10. 1909 Release date

1909 Release date: Plz if someone knows the most probable release date of Windows 10 version 1909 to public. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1909-release-date/2fa19139-bc79-4776-9a5a-2dcad6e692be