Windows 10: 1909 way to go back to old search in explorer?

Discus and support 1909 way to go back to old search in explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The new search in 1909 file explorer does not have any options. Or are there any options setting that I dont know about? How do you even clear the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hotrippr, Dec 8, 2019.

1. hotrippr Win User

1909 way to go back to old search in explorer?

The new search in 1909 file explorer does not have any options. Or are there any options setting that I dont know about? How do you even clear the search history? It doesnt even predict the files youre searching for by populating them in the window as you type. Can I even just disable this and go back to the old search? Please help.

:)

hotrippr, Dec 8, 2019

2. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr.
    I have tried to run the search and index troubleshooter but it says everything is working as intended. I have restarted the windows search service, and I have reset the windows search but this issue happens every day. Any suggestions?

Mary Fraley, Dec 8, 2019
  3. RickyGeu Win User
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.

RickyGeu, Dec 8, 2019
  4. KoenDeco Win User

Problems with search in Windows 1909

Hi,

I have problems with advanced search in Windows 1909

• In the formula I type, I don’t get blue text indicating that the formula is correct.
    • When I need dates in the formula, I don’t get a calendar to help me compose the formula.
    • When I use for instance the keyword “kind” I don’t get help to choose between the different kinds that are available.
    This is a huge step backwards for me. Is there a way to fix it?

Sincerely,

Koen

KoenDeco, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

1. 1909 way to go back to old search in explorer? - Similar Threads - 1909 old search

2. i want old search function back

in Windows 10 Support
    i want old search function back: Hi! Ive installed lasted system two updates, but ive noticed that updates altered my searching mode Before update when ive wanted find file let say "roman" all found named "roman" files are in new window as list. But now all found files are under search box, how i can change...
  3. This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SvenCuaresma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2llqd/this_1909_file_explorer_search_is_a_complete_mess/
  4. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

in Cortana
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.: New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr. I have tried to run...
  5. Can I get the previous File Explorer search back after updateing to 1909.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I get the previous File Explorer search back after updateing to 1909.: After updating to 1909, I notices the search bar in the File Explorer no longer automatically starts searching as I type. Instead, it has a pop-down menu trying to guess what I am looking for. If I press enter, it will do a standard search. Is there a way to get the old...
  6. Is there a way to "go back" to an earlier date in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to "go back" to an earlier date in Windows 10?: My PrintMaster program will not run. It wants to reinstall. Can I reset it like you could with other Windows versions? I have looked for setback, recovery to no avail. Drat! Thanks in advance! Eileen 70036
  7. How do I go back to an old driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I go back to an old driver?: I recently went to the Acer website and updated my drivers to the most current. However, the sound sounds funky. Also, it takes longer for my Ethernet to connect since I updated my LAN driver. The Realtek driver for the sound doesn't give me an option to roll back to the...
  8. Best Way To Go BACK to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Way To Go BACK to Win7: So, for whatever reason, I'm having a myriad of issues with Win10. This laptop isn't even 4 months old, and I just had to replace my HHD last week, and my internet connection is dropping out every 5 mins. I have an OLD laptop with Win7 on it sitting right beside me and it's...
  9. Show me the way to go home (back to W8.1)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Show me the way to go home (back to W8.1): No matter what I do, I can't gain administrative privileges for my W10 PC: Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator - Windows 10 Forums I never reset my administrative password when I upgraded - it just doesn't like it anymore. I'd like to throw in the...
  10. Search layout in Windows Explorer keeps going back to "Content" layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Search layout in Windows Explorer keeps going back to "Content" layout: Hi, I do file search a lot in File Explorer and the default layout for the search results is "Content". Normally I'm able to change this to "Details" layout, resize the columns, etc. and this layout would be saved. However, after I did the anniversary update I'm no longer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change file explorer layout back to pre 1909