Windows 10: 192 processes running - What can safely be turned off?

Discus and support 192 processes running - What can safely be turned off? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 1909 I think I have far too many processes running (192 seems like a lot when I don't have a lot of programs running) but I'm not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Autobahn, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Autobahn Win User

192 processes running - What can safely be turned off?

Windows 10 Home 1909

I think I have far too many processes running (192 seems like a lot when I don't have a lot of programs running) but I'm not sure what to do to get the count down.

I've come across 'Sycnex /Windows10Debloater' but read that it is best to use it before creating a profile (which I've already created) and can cause problems if a profile has been created.

:)

Autobahn, Aug 6, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 6, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 6, 2020
  4. 192 processes running - What can safely be turned off?

Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

192 processes running - What can safely be turned off?

1. 192 processes running - What can safely be turned off? - Similar Threads - 192 processes running

2. "Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off?: My computer hung up, so I fixed it. Then came - as unfortunately usual - a BlueScreen with a ":(". After 10x reboot + BluescreenOfDeath it now suddenly says "Cleanup is in progress. Do not turn off the computer". But I have urgent things to do on the PC, and cleaning...
  3. How can I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn this off?: Hello, I bought a new Laptop recently and it had Norton. Everything was OK till the free protection I had expired, so what did I do? I unninstalled Norton. Then some days later, a Windows message appeared while I was playing a game and it said "Antivirus protection expired",...
  4. blocking processes from running (not a service) safe or not ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    blocking processes from running (not a service) safe or not ?: I have 2 processes, which are completely pointless: 1. gamebar presence writer 2. setting sync host Both i don't need, but they run anyways on the background. I can block them using blocking program, but there is problem it need start with admin rights, which is problematic...
  5. How to turn off Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off Safe Mode: How do I turn off safe mode (Original Title : HELP) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-safe-mode/6d8da560-3417-4b37-89b2-d24b8b6940bc
  6. Wifi turns off and remains unable to be turned on except in safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turns off and remains unable to be turned on except in safe mode: I have an issue on the latest version of Windows 10 (1903) where my WiFi will turn off if I click on notifications or open up the network icon under hidden icons. It will then be disabled and do nothing if I try to enable it. The only way for met o fix it is to go into safe...
  7. running processes suspended when display goes off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    running processes suspended when display goes off: I have this annoying behaviour, where very often, running processes are suspended when the display goes off, either after the timout set in Power options, or intentionally with the 'nircmd.exe' utility (I miss a native Windows command to turn off the display manually). This...
  8. Turning of screeen on and off during booting process.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning of screeen on and off during booting process.: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_ZuTmvzEGsJ5BRtzKg2Tj8eVvgLEjNYM first you can see this video and tell me Why it happens ? . When I push the power button of my laptop and when it turns on it display a short message saying " press esc for...
  9. Turning off safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning off safe mode: Dudes I encounter a lot of problems with Safe Mode. However I cannot turn off this feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/turning-off-safe-mode/1b25bdef-6575-451c-b76e-fa4b4c92226f
  10. Can I Turn Off Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Turn Off Updates?: In the past week I've been inundated with updates that have nearly rendered my laptop useless for online use. It's running much slower and continuously tries to install a failing update, shutting down several times a day to do it. And can I find a way to uninstall Groove...