Windows 10: 1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?)

Discus and support 1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, So over the last weeks I tried Ubuntu Mate and Zorin. I installed each OS on my Mini PC twice and although interesting they weren't stable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Nov 5, 2020.

1. 1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?)

Greetings,

So over the last weeks I tried Ubuntu Mate and Zorin. I installed each OS on my Mini PC twice and although interesting they weren't stable enough to switch to. I then installed Win10 again and it's actually zippy and works fine. Except for --

-- a strange booting issue. When I hit the Power button on the back of the unit, the little light comes on, I get the Beelink Splash Page (the OEM) with the spinning dots. Then the screen goes black and the little light goes out. Yes. Then I hit the power button again and it boots properly.

I had to play with the BIOS to make it boot Linux. I believe I set everything back properly. Did I? Does this sound like a BIOS issue to you?

:)

The Pool Man, Nov 5, 2020
  2. tomba2k Win User

AMD data change.......no boot up problem

1st: go to bios, check boot device TYPE priority (cdrom/hdd/etc.)
    then, go to hard disk drives (still under boot category), and check if your system hard drive is at 1st place (IF you have more than 1 hdd)
    2nd: if your bios boot settings are OK, run windows 7 installation disc, go to repair your system, run fixmbr and fixboot options (i think they are at same option on windows 7 repair - startup repair or something like that)
    3rd: if your windows 7 installation disc cannot find your windows 7 installation, reinstall it, but take care - you may have bad sectors on your hdd

please, go step by step, and dont read 3rd step warning before you try 1st and 2nd xD

you can also disable "LAN boot ROM" option under "integrated devices" bios category to never see that meesage again (at least 3 NVIDIA Boot Agent lines xD )

tomba2k, Nov 5, 2020
  3. JimFar Win User
    2nd boot fail

Error 2nd boot failed was @ 92% configuration was @ 68% for over 2 hours

JimFar, Nov 5, 2020
  4. 1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?)

Booting to BIOS

look to see if it has some sort of "boot to bios" option. im lost with this one....i cant think of much more than what ive suggested. Most Motherboards have different Bios/booting options. Try them all , see if makes a change.

if nothing works, time to contact the Manufacturer.

Sorry I couldnt be of help

jboydgolfer, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?)

1. 1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?) - Similar Threads - 1st Boot Fails

2. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  3. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  4. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 install from W10 failing on 2nd boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 install from W10 failing on 2nd boot: It says it can't find the boot device. I updated everything, clean booted, disconnected everything except kbd and mouse, tried installing from usb, updated the bios, TPM enabled, the install is not finding the drive for some reason. Any Ideas on this?...
  6. selecting 1st boot in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    selecting 1st boot in bios: Hi guys, I have just successfully cloned my laptop hhd to ssd with Macrium , which advises that to boot from the ssd requires making the nessessary selection in the bios. I have opened the bios which is recognising the ssd and in the boot column I have the new drive as no 1,...
  7. Nightlight doesn't work on 2nd monitor on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nightlight doesn't work on 2nd monitor on boot: Nightlight is enabled on both of my monitors but never works on the 2nd one until i adjust the strength of it. My wallpaper on monitor 2 also always defaults back to the one i have set for monitor 1 after reboots which I'm not worried about but it makes me think something is...
  8. Vmware player - boot to BIOS and set boot delay this works

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware player - boot to BIOS and set boot delay this works: Hi there Not a problem in VMWare workstation as there's an option Boot to Firmware in the VM menu. For those using VMWare player (Free version) and want to either boot to the BIOS or increase the boot menu display time (useful if running Linux distros with selection of...
  9. After install, 1st boot always fails, retry succeeds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After install, 1st boot always fails, retry succeeds: I recently purchased a Dell Latitude E6430, which is exhibiting a rather odd problem. I removed the included 5400RPM 500GB hard drive and replaced it with an SSD. The first Windows 10 installation attempt failed with a message to the effect that there were no bootable...
  10. WiFi not working of 1st boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working of 1st boot: I have quite a few questions, but I will start with this one: When I boot up I cannot get connected to my WiFi. The only way to get it to work is to shutdown and boot up again, then all is well. I never had this problem until Win 10 upgrade. Any ideas? 26804