Windows 10: 1TB hard disk disappears after Win10 update from Win8

Discus and support 1TB hard disk disappears after Win10 update from Win8 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Aspire V Nitro Series laptop that was running Windows 8. These are the original hard disk specs: C: 256GB SSD D: 1TB SATA After I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by getoutsg, Aug 2, 2015.

1. getoutsg Win User

1TB hard disk disappears after Win10 update from Win8

I have a new Aspire V Nitro Series laptop that was running Windows 8.

These are the original hard disk specs:
    C: 256GB SSD
    D: 1TB SATA

After I upgraded to Win10, I am left with only this:
    C: 128GB

:)

getoutsg, Aug 2, 2015

2. SECONDARY HARD DRIVE KEEPS DISAPPEARING

This morning I swapped the disappearing hard disk with another hard disk from my other laptop(seagate 500gb). everything seems to be fine.. it has not disappeared yet....

it cant be a hard disk problem because when I boot from the disappearing hard disk, everything works just fine.

could it be that I dont have enough power to power a 1TB hard drive along side a SSD?

victorpraiz, Aug 2, 2015
  3. newluigi Win User
    Running Win10 pro clobbers Win7 hard disk

I have running Win7 Ult on one 1GB disk and installed Win10 pro on another 1 GB disk running Win8 on the same PC (alternate booting).

I dropped using Win8 for poor performance, always checking new OP-Systems before using it on my small office PC's and notebooks. I had already bought three Win8 licenses and did nor use them until today.

After running Win 10 and return to boot Win7 every disk partition seems to be affected from Win10 and system starting Win7 requests to check all partitions!

Is there a reason why Win10 disturbs the other hard disk?

newluigi, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1TB hard disk disappears after Win10 update from Win8

1. 1TB hard disk disappears after Win10 update from Win8 - Similar Threads - 1TB hard disk

2. Hard disk 1TB Hitachi beeping sound and not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk 1TB Hitachi beeping sound and not detected: Hi, my hitachi hard disk 1TB SATA 3.5 Buț is doing some beeping soundd and isnt detect what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-1tb-hitachi-beeping-sound-and-not/cee03b79-0282-4dbe-9b36-ace2b29b667f
  3. Hard disk 1TB Hitachi beeping sound and not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk 1TB Hitachi beeping sound and not detected: Hi, my hitachi hard disk 1TB SATA 3.5 Buț is doing some beeping soundd and isnt detect what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-1tb-hitachi-beeping-sound-and-not/cee03b79-0282-4dbe-9b36-ace2b29b667f
  4. Hard disk 1TB Hitachi beeping sound and not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  6. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  7. Documents disappeared after moving them to hard disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents disappeared after moving them to hard disk?: I wanted to move my documents to a hard drive, as my SSD was already quite full. Then I selected L:\ and now the documents seem to have become a path to L:\. I cannot restore the default folder, then it says "Error creating the list of regular subdirectories under L:\System...
  8. Hard disk drives disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk drives disappearing: I have two hard disk's on my laptop one of them keeps disappearing and coming back randomly. My D, E and F drive keeps disappearing and comes back after many restarts. The Disk Management solution doesn't help as the drives doesn't show up there. Please help!!!...
  9. hard disk disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard disk disappearing: Hi there,, I have two internal hard disks and in one of them I installed windows 10.. in the other I have my other data it is 1 TB seagate hard drive. This seagate hard drive is disappearing even when I download a file.. the error "drive is not found" is coming. so I always...
  10. My hard drives disappeared and storage decreased from 1tb to 500gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My hard drives disappeared and storage decreased from 1tb to 500gb: I am using linux in my pc and i want to change my os to windows 10. I tried to install windows 10 through legacy which already consists linux & I installed successfully.BUT AFTER INSTALLATION MY STORAGE DRIVES ONLY SHOWING ONLY 500GB REMAINING STORAGE DISAPPEARED. And its not...