Windows 10: 1TB HDD not Migrated

Discus and support 1TB HDD not Migrated in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why am I seeing this error? New 1TB HDD, and why is Windows not letting me use the HDD. Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jedi Master Yod, Sep 27, 2018.

1. 1TB HDD not Migrated

Why am I seeing this error? New 1TB HDD, and why is Windows not letting me use the HDD.

Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_ST4000DM&Prod_000-1F2168\4&1f5e0e69&0&040000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\Disk&Ven_Msft&Prod_Virtual_Disk\2&1f4adffe&0&000001
    Class Guid: {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FC000000F120
    Present: false

Windows 10 64, Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Game 3 Rev 1.1

Intel i7-6700K @4.00 GHz

32.0 GB Ram

PNY 480GB M.2 as Boot

Samsung 950GB SSD - Files - Video - Music Drive

ST4000DM000-1F2168 1TB (Not Migrated)

Want to use as a system back-up drive only.

:)

Jedi Master Yod, Sep 27, 2018
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 27, 2018
  4. 1TB HDD not Migrated

Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Hello, Migrating a 1TB Hard Drive to a 2TB HDD is very possible.

My Rig started out on just 160GB, when I upgraded HDDs, I cloned my 160 GB into a newly bought 500GB HDD. (it was an OS HDD)

Then on the next HDD upgrade(I bought a 1 TB) I cloned that 500GB to a 1 TB HDD.

No problems at all.

From what I can remember the program I used was Acronis?? I forgot. But it ran the cloning process outside of windows. the cloning took like 30 to 1 hr. then I switched drive letters and the newly bought HDD is now my boot device.

lyndonguitar, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1TB HDD not Migrated

1. 1TB HDD not Migrated - Similar Threads - 1TB HDD Migrated

2. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  3. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  4. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD not migrated.

HDD not migrated.: Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_&Prod_ST1000DM010-2EP1\4&a13202a&0&020000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\CdRom&Ven_TSSTcorp&Prod_CDDVDW_SH-222BB\4&a13202a&0&020000Class Guid: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}Location Path:...
  6. Migrating 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD: I've got a 2TB C drive that I'm running at the moment. The thing takes ages to load up. I've also had a 250GB SSD sitting on my shelf for a while. The issue is that there is no boot partition on the old the HDD so the OS is just lumped in there with everything else....
  7. Problema utilizzo HDD 1TB

Problema utilizzo HDD 1TB: Dopo aver assemblato il mio PC, ho scaricato il software windows in un SSD, quando entro in gestione attività con CNTRL+ALT+CANC vedo che il mio HDD, nominato come volume E formattato in NTFS, ha sempre un utilizzo del 100% pur non essendo presenti file o software, ma la cosa...
  8. Migrating from 1TB HDD to 4TB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating from 1TB HDD to 4TB: Hello fellow tenforums users, I am having a bit of a dilemma. I have a 4TB HDD that I want to install in place of my current disk and I am not sure how to make an exact clone of my C drive. I have an external usb 3.0 docking station for sata drives and was going to just use...
  9. Migrating hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Migrating hdd: I was wondering if migrating from a SSD to SSD is same as HDD to SSD and also if the hard drive with the operating systems had bad sectors on it, would the migration still continue successfully? Thanks...
  10. questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    questions re swapping 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD: I have a fairly new Dell 8900 and want to swap its 1TB HDD with a new Crucial 1TB SSD I plan to clone the existing HDD using Macrium7 to the new SSD, then remove the HDD and install the new SSD in its place. Would this work? Would the currently existing SATA cable work with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd has not migrated

2. cloned drive not migrated due to partial or ambiguous mismatch

3. toshiba 1 tb sata hard drive device not migrated