Windows 10: 1tb ssd

Discus and support 1tb ssd in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have bought A 1TB SSD recently for my custom pc and I put it in and i see it only says 478gb and drive C i have been trying to find the other drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brinyplot, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Brinyplot Win User

1tb ssd

I have bought A 1TB SSD recently for my custom pc and I put it in and i see it only says 478gb and drive C i have been trying to find the other drives and find out where my other half went did anyone have this? and if you had fixed it can you tell me how?

:)

Brinyplot, Mar 4, 2021
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Mar 4, 2021
  3. cereberus Win User
    Ugrading my 1TB MBR HDD to a 4TB GPT SSD

You should do steps as follows

1) clone 1TB hdd to SSD

2) run mbr2gpt utility to convert ssd to uefi

Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss

3) extend 1tb partition on SSD to 4TB using tool like Easeus Partition Master (free version is ok).

Step 2 is the critical step.

cereberus, Mar 4, 2021
  4. YuanSR Win User

1tb ssd

Is it recommended to reinstall Windows 10 when I upgrade from 1TB SSD to 2TB SSD on a desktop PC?

Hi, it is suggested to do clean install if you have Windows Installation disc in hand. You have not specified much personal configurations till now. You can install applications or add drivers after installing Windows 10 on the 2TB SSD.

It is also a good idea to keep the 1TB SSD as the secondary storage if you're running a desktop. Just in case you need to

copy 2TB SSD to 1TB SSD
    for another purpose one day, disk cloning helps system migration without installing.

Regards.

YuanSR, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1tb ssd

1. 1tb ssd - Similar Threads - 1tb ssd

2. How to put windows 11 on a new 1TB SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put windows 11 on a new 1TB SSD.: My old hard drive had a catastrophic failure so I am replacing with a new 1TB SSD. My son works for Microsoft and I get my software through the "friends and family" download link. How can I install Windows 11 and MS 365 on the new drive. Can I do this by locating the license...
  3. How to put windows 11 on a new 1TB SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to put windows 11 on a new 1TB SSD.: My old hard drive had a catastrophic failure so I am replacing with a new 1TB SSD. My son works for Microsoft and I get my software through the "friends and family" download link. How can I install Windows 11 and MS 365 on the new drive. Can I do this by locating the license...
  4. Why is a recovery drive of 32GB using the entire 1TB external SSD?

Why is a recovery drive of 32GB using the entire 1TB external SSD?: I just purchased a new 1TB external SSD and made a Windows 11 recovery drive of it. The recovery drive uses approximately 32GB of the 1TB of space. However, it will not allow me to transfer any files to it, though there should be about 960GB available. Can a recovery drive...
  5. Why is a recovery drive of 32GB using the entire 1TB external SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is a recovery drive of 32GB using the entire 1TB external SSD?: I just purchased a new 1TB external SSD and made a Windows 11 recovery drive of it. The recovery drive uses approximately 32GB of the 1TB of space. However, it will not allow me to transfer any files to it, though there should be about 960GB available. Can a recovery drive...
  6. 1TB SSD NVMe Drive showing 2 seperate Disks?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1TB SSD NVMe Drive showing 2 seperate Disks?: So i swapped over to linux a few months ago but have recently swapped back over to windows today. Unfortunatly that caused a lot of problems with my computer. I think i had raid or something similar when swapping ver to linux so it was dissabled in the process. After swapping...
  7. 1TB SSD NVMe Drive showing 2 seperate Disks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1TB SSD NVMe Drive showing 2 seperate Disks?: So i swapped over to linux a few months ago but have recently swapped back over to windows today. Unfortunatly that caused a lot of problems with my computer. I think i had raid or something similar when swapping ver to linux so it was dissabled in the process. After swapping...
  8. 1TB SSD NVMe Drive showing 2 seperate Disks?

9. I have installed windows 10 on a 1TB ssd and want to move a few of my files from windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have installed windows 10 on a 1TB ssd and want to move a few of my files from windows 10...: I have the same Microsoft account profile of the user profile I am trying to access the files for, namely myself. When I attempt to access it by changing the share permissions it has to include my new account, which it already had my account. I chose to close and attempt to...
  10. I have installed windows 10 on a 1TB ssd and want to move a few of my files from windows 10...

I have installed windows 10 on a 1TB ssd and want to move a few of my files from windows 10...: I have the same Microsoft account profile of the user profile I am trying to access the files for, namely myself. When I attempt to access it by changing the share permissions it has to include my new account, which it already had my account. I chose to close and attempt to...