Windows 10: 2.12.19 I have a clean Windows 10. Tried to change to no password with no success. Much...

Discus and support 2.12.19 I have a clean Windows 10. Tried to change to no password with no success. Much... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; First of all a mild RANT! Is it me or has the mission of early PC been way lost? I remember, before Windows, and later the mission was "user friendly"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jackdashack, Feb 12, 2019.

1. 2.12.19 I have a clean Windows 10. Tried to change to no password with no success. Much...

First of all a mild RANT!

Is it me or has the mission of early PC been way lost? I remember, before Windows, and later the mission was "user friendly" . . . that seems to be grossly lost. When I google for issues it seems mostly you have to wade down through tons of "phone" conversations and links. Not only that but many, but MANY, of the solutions seem to be from a prior update. "Things have changed . . and changed . . and changed.

Does MS have a devious mission of moving things all around . . . because they can? Or to validate their job. And they get some horrendous glee out of seeing all of us out of control mad and to the point of tears. NO, it's not friendly it's getting worse and worse and I think it's by design. Why you ask? Because that in time those that have a PC will never be able to "kick the tires" on their own. They will have to pay for everything. Every call for support will cost you. Essentially you may pay for the PC but unless you are Sheldon Cooper everyone will be beholden to the support gurus. And what's worse you think you have most everything working, MS forces and update on you and several things go wonk, which leads us to places like here begging for answers. Yes, I am a beggar too. I knew XP like the fingers on my hand. But it's all slipped away. (done)

I come here as an almost desperate try. I know there are 1000's wanting answers. I have the latest Build of Win 10, in fresh a whole new one with updates. Using Media Recover Tool or whatever. It came me back some life in the old thing. Al the updates followed. Now, after reading several, many! ways to change to "no password" nothing has worked. Where the step by step helps are those windows are gone on my latest and moved or done away with. Now my pc wants to start up with a HomeGroup$ or some stupid thing. I can eventually get to an ms account logon but everything has now doubled to logging in. INSANE!! Why this HomeGroups$ thing showing and why is it so hard to change to a no password. I'm the only one in this house. I don't need that security.

I have a PC
    It's got the latest win 10 with updates
    I am a verified bonafide admin on this pc.

Thank you greatly if you have some hope! ":-\\x

:)

jackdashack, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Feb 12, 2019
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Create your Microsoft Account Today

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 12, 2019
  4. 2.12.19 I have a clean Windows 10. Tried to change to no password with no success. Much...

10 most commonly used online passwords

speaking as someone that resets passwords for people in multiple apps, I'd say a variation of "password", 123456, their first name, or a sons/daughters name.

Ive also got a friend that has used "password" for a few years now with great success.

Dippyskoodlez, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

2.12.19 I have a clean Windows 10. Tried to change to no password with no success. Much...

1. 2.12.19 I have a clean Windows 10. Tried to change to no password with no success. Much... - Similar Threads - clean Tried change

2. I have just run Diskpart clean all and it completed successfully but then went into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have just run Diskpart clean all and it completed successfully but then went into...: I have just run Diskpart 'clean all' and it completed successfully but then went into 'DISKPART> restoring' It has been taking much longer than is normal for a 2TB ssd drive to do the clean all. Is it normal to follow a successful cean all with restoring? How long should the...
  3. i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success: I would like to have Arabic and Persian keyboards added to my laptop. Microsoft is not that helpful. Whoever in charge of this please help. I have been on this for hours....
  4. i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success: I would like to have Arabic and Persian keyboards added to my laptop. Microsoft is not that helpful. Whoever in charge of this please help. I have been on this for hours....
  5. Windows Updates shows 12/21/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates shows 12/21/19: I have beem trying to update the latest updates, the error message keep saying the last date is 12/21/19, it does not show the recent date like today's date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-shows-122119/d4e93efe-a6cc-421e-bf40-2c1d7287022b
  6. I have tried so much but windows won't boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have tried so much but windows won't boot: I am using ISO 1909 and created a bootable USB through MacOS. Used this tutorial https://alexlubbock.com/bootable-windows-usb-on-mac. I had to split the install.wim file since it was too big. I used the MS-Dos (Fat32) format for the usb. I stick in the usb and it goes into...
  7. 12-26-19 windows update not working

12-26-19 windows update not working: Tried to update my PC and windows update just searches and doesn't stop unless I use task manager to end the search. Somethings not right. Usually it takes a couple of seconds to let you know whats available for updates. There probably doing some kind of maintenance on the...
  8. Windows Feature update has not successfully installed since 19/12/2017

Windows Feature update has not successfully installed since 19/12/2017: So as I said in the title, my Windows Feature update has not successfully installed since 19/12/2017. The version then was 1709 and the version that has been failing this whole time has been 1803. Although most of my Quality Updates are fine. [ATTACH] I ran the windows...
  9. Latest update win 10 12/08/19

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update win 10 12/08/19: Since the latest update my mouse and keyboard wont work (wireless). Have now tried wired mouse and keyboard but still no joy. Was working fine before update I have tried all the usual fixes nothing is working any help would be appreciated...
  10. 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success.

8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success.: Windows 8.1 Activated with Genuine Product Key (I've used Genuine Product Keys since Windows 3.00a). I upgraded to 8.1 Pro with another Genuine Product Key. I tried to upgrade to 10 Pro without installing updates on 8.1 Pro (over 100 updates) but no luck. I had to install...