Windows 10: 2:3 area of the desktop where i can't place any icons?

Discus and support 2:3 area of the desktop where i can't place any icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Decided to organise my desktop in a neater fashion today, but right at the center bottom of my screen there's an area which is 3 icons wide and 2 icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IanMalcolm3, Aug 1, 2020.

1. 2:3 area of the desktop where i can't place any icons?

Decided to organise my desktop in a neater fashion today, but right at the center bottom of my screen there's an area which is 3 icons wide and 2 icons high where i can neither place icons, nor right click to get desktop options to appear.

I had a custom wallpaper app running and when i took it down i saw an arrow just above the taskbar which i imagine has something to do with it, although i can't seem to find any functionality coming from it. Is there a way of disabling this feature as i am not interested in it and just want my desktop to look neater.

2:3 area of the desktop where i can't place any icons? [​IMG]

:)

IanMalcolm3, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 can't lock desktop icons in place

Hi,

In Windows 10, there are ways to keep the icons in place. To make them stay in their location, we suggest that you check these methods:

Method 1:

• In your desktop, right click on an open area.
    • Select Personalise, click Themes on the left menu.
    • Remove the checkmark on Allow themes to change desktop icons, then click
      Apply.
    • Arrange your icons where you want them to be.

Method 2:

• In an open area, right click on your desktop.
    • Select View, on the drop down menu Auto arrange icons shouldn't have a checkmark and
      Align icons to grid should have a checkmark.
    Let us know if any of the above methods work.

Xylee Del, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Remove the "Desktop" word/button from the Notification area

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the show desktop icon in the notification area and check if it helps.

1. Right Click on the Task bar

2. Select Properties.

3. Click on Taskbar.

4. Uncheck use Aero Peek to preview the desktop.

Now check if the issue got resolved.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Aug 1, 2020
  4. karyeowl Win User

2:3 area of the desktop where i can't place any icons?

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

2:3 area of the desktop where i can't place any icons?

1. 2:3 area of the desktop where i can't place any icons? - Similar Threads - area desktop where

2. Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?: I have a user with hand tremors and they inadvertently move icons on the desktop. Is there a way to lock down the desktop layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-lock-the-icons-in-place-on-the/38f7ed42-0479-4e53-9f31-d0f9bd95de0d
  3. I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them

I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I have my; desktop icons arranged. Two rows, on the right And one row, on the left. Here's, the problem. For some reason. Sometimes all of he icons, end up on the left It's like they just, slammed over there. To put...
  4. Desktop icons don't stay in place

Desktop icons don't stay in place: I've been keeping program and document icons on the desktop since Windows 3.1. My Windows 10 desktop shows some icons on the left side of the screen and some on the right side also. The icons on the left remain where I put them,. However, the icons on the right side get moved...
  5. Desktop icons switched places

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons switched places: so for some reason my desktop icons just switched places and now there is a vertical space on the bottom of my screen I can't pace anything in (and no it's not my taskbar ;) ). Ow and one more thing, the browser shortcuts like Spotify.com .... well fsr the icons just shrank...
  6. Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place

Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place: Why won't my desktop icons stay locked in place? They scramble when I restart my computer and I cannot find what I am looking for so I have to re-organize the Icons almost daily. I have followed Help tips for this issue by Microsoft and still doesn't fix problem. Thank...
  7. how can i place desktop icons where i want them

how can i place desktop icons where i want them: how can i place desktop icons where i want them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-place-desktop-icons-where-i-want-them/7c83c79e-b794-49fa-9fdd-4079d50e99fc
  8. Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons: [img] [img] [img] I tried some .bat files from this forum, but nothing changed Windows 10 version: 190318 Please help me to solve this...thanks 151929
  9. Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.: This started after I did a refresh installation. While many of the icons remain where they are, some of them refuse to stay put when I move them. They spring to another position. What might be causing this bizarre behaviour? 95380
  10. Missing icons in 2 places for devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing icons in 2 places for devices: Never seen this before in other OS, just noticed when i hook up my external WD Ultra Passport no icon shows in Devices and Printers just square white icon, same happens in notification area under Safely Remove. Also in Devices and Printers my Epson Printer no longer shows as...