Windows 10: 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine.

Discus and support 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Until today 2.4 GHz network was working fine but after resetting the router 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore. After resetting the router, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sukant Kumar Pati, Jul 20, 2020.

1. 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine.

Hi,

Until today 2.4 GHz network was working fine but after resetting the router 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore. After resetting the router, I completed the setup process connected with 5 GHz SSID because couldn't connect the 2.4 GHz SSID that time. Then 2.4 GHz SSID is vanished. But this same 2.4 GHz SSID is visible to my other laptop and mobile devices, no issues at all and working fine.

What is the issue with this laptop? I know this laptop supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band and until today I was connected to 2.4 GHz SSID. The 5 GHz SSID is working fine but the shorter range is annoying sometimes.

:)

Sukant Kumar Pati, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Shenan Stanley, Jul 20, 2020
  3. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW?

martinbarnes3, Jul 20, 2020
  4. 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine.

Trying to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz HELP!

Hello. You most likely own a selectable dual-band router. meaning that you have 2.4 and 5 ghz but only 1 can be used at a time.

First, I think you should try to disconnect the laptop from 5 GHz, restart the router, then try again to use 5 GHz on your PC. That may fix the issue.

More info
    https://www.howtogeek.com/222249/whats-the-diff...

Zackary Vanosdol, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine.

1. 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine. - Similar Threads - GHz SSID showing

2. SSID not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSID not showing up.: I recently tried to change the SSID from default but I did a small mistake. My Modem was Dlink DIR-809. I went to the link, logged in and went to the wireless section and clicked on wireless network setup wizardoption at the top and changed the ssid and clicked next. And I...
  3. SSID not showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSID not showing up.: I recently tried to change the SSID from default but I did a small mistake. My Modem was Dlink DIR-809. I went to the link, logged in and went to the wireless section and clicked on wireless network setup wizardoption at the top and changed the ssid and clicked next. And I...
  4. SSID not showing up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...: Correct or not?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-this-question-2-cores-2-ghz-processor-4-ghz/eb1a1d2d-90d7-49da-87bc-5f561398c240
  6. Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...: Correct or not?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-this-question-2-cores-2-ghz-processor-4-ghz/eb1a1d2d-90d7-49da-87bc-5f561398c240
  7. Over-aggressive band steer 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Over-aggressive band steer 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz?: One of my users has recently experienced bad WiFi-connectivity. At boot, all was good; though after some time the number of quarter-circles indicating field strength went down, and connections became bad, at times making video conferencing MS teams lousy to impossible. I...
  8. WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz: On 2.4 GHz, phones cannot even detect the signal; On 5 GHz, phones can detect the signal but never pass the authentication, it won't fail the authentication, but just keep verifying the password!...
  9. netgear 2 ban adapter 5 GHz broken-2.4 Ghz is fine after 1809 update

netgear 2 ban adapter 5 GHz broken-2.4 Ghz is fine after 1809 update: I have a Dell XPS 8500 desktop that after the 1809 update my WNDA 4100-N 900 wifi adapter has become useless on the 5 GHx side. 2.4 is still fine. Initially after the update the 5 side would connect but would fade out. I had no problems before the update. As I said 2.4 works...
  10. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ: I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-from-5-ghz-to-24-ghz/576f5c1a-1a88-4ba9-bcf6-7eb409642e62