Windows 10: 2.4ghz to 5ghz

Discus and support 2.4ghz to 5ghz in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; is there a way go get my laptop running windows 10 to recognize my wifi at 5ghz?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brandonburkdoll, Feb 17, 2019.

1. 2.4ghz to 5ghz

is there a way go get my laptop running windows 10 to recognize my wifi at 5ghz?

:)

brandonburkdoll, Feb 17, 2019

2. 4ghz Club

Im ganna need to buy a beast stepping e8400 above or a q9550 or above *Big Grin 2.4ghz to 5ghz :D

3volvedcombat, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Lumia 950XL 5GHz wifi issue

Thanks for your replay Mr. Jack but I have tried everything resetting my phone, router also but I have never seen my phone show the 5Ghz networks....!!! Anything else u can suggest?? It works well with the 2.5Ghz network...!! I have other phones at home which
    connects to the 5Ghz network and works fine..!! It's only my 950xl which doesn't show the 5Ghz network...!!

jebinbosco, Feb 17, 2019
  4. 2.4ghz to 5ghz

Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On?

I don't want to "puck" anything up but I want to make sure that my combo router/ modem only uses the 5GHz (faster) band. I don't have any legacy items (I think) that only works with 2.4GHz so I want to see what happens if I force the 5GHz band to be the only one. I think I know that the 5GHz band does not have the range that the 2.4GHz has but that should not be an issue. Bottom line router/ modem works flawlessly. I do use a wired Ethernet connection and I do not believe that switching over to only 5GHz would affect that, right?

So is it simply a matter of unticking the two boxes associated with the 2.4GHz and leaving the 5GHz band as is? TIA.

2.4ghz to 5ghz [​IMG]

2.4ghz to 5ghz [​IMG]

phaedruspress, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

2.4ghz to 5ghz

1. 2.4ghz to 5ghz - Similar Threads - 4ghz 5ghz

2. How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet: Hi. I am trying to convert my Hotspot connection from 5GHz to 2.5GHz so that my Android phone could connect to my internet connection. I tried looking it up at my settings but the option to change my wireless band is not there. my source of hotspot is 5ghz band ethernet on my...
  3. How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet: Hi. I am trying to convert my Hotspot connection from 5GHz to 2.5GHz so that my Android phone could connect to my internet connection. I tried looking it up at my settings but the option to change my wireless band is not there. my source of hotspot is 5ghz band ethernet on my...
  4. Does 2.4GHz and 5GHz make difference in connection via cable/Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does 2.4GHz and 5GHz make difference in connection via cable/Ethernet?: My laptop suddenly started to show the name of the ethernet connection "XXXXX_2.4GHz". It was "XXXXX_5GHz" just a week ago. I know the Ghz are for wireless connection but it feels wrong. Does it make any difference?...
  5. Does 2.4GHz and 5GHz make difference in connection via cable/Ethernet?

Does 2.4GHz and 5GHz make difference in connection via cable/Ethernet?: My laptop suddenly started to show the name of the ethernet connection "XXXXX_2.4GHz". It was "XXXXX_5GHz" just a week ago. I know the Ghz are for wireless connection but it feels wrong. Does it make any difference?...
  6. i want to set the Mobbile hotspot from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to set the Mobbile hotspot from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz: Hi, i can't connect my Xiaomi with my 5GHZ mobile wifi, in windows 11 the option to change doesnt exist anymore.. hotspot settings; -> Propeties -> editi can only give an name and set a password. 'my wifi is 4.2 & 5Ghz...
  7. i want to set the Mobbile hotspot from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz

i want to set the Mobbile hotspot from 5ghz to 2.4 ghz: Hi, i can't connect my Xiaomi with my 5GHZ mobile wifi, in windows 11 the option to change doesnt exist anymore.. hotspot settings; -> Propeties -> editi can only give an name and set a password. 'my wifi is 4.2 & 5Ghz...
  8. Windows firewall duplicates the 5ghz network, 2.4ghz works fine

Windows firewall duplicates the 5ghz network, 2.4ghz works fine: Works fine on mobile phones and my console tho https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-duplicates-the-5ghz-network-24ghz/6e3fa20e-ff8e-48cc-a355-e246e088bc88
  9. My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ?: I only purchased this system 18 months ago. ITs blazing fast for me and gets my work done. I am having a real hard time thinking im supposed to demote it. Really ? What excuse do they wish for us to believe that this will not work out. Or is their actually a legitimate reason...
  10. My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ?: I only purchased this system 18 months ago. ITs blazing fast for me and gets my work done. I am having a real hard time thinking im supposed to demote it. Really ? What excuse do they wish for us to believe that this will not work out. Or is their actually a legitimate reason...