Windows 10: 2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging

Discus and support 2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Asus Keris wireless mouse (has both Bluetooth and 2.4ghz modes) is randomly stuttering and lagging in 2.4ghz mode no matter what I use my PC for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xsabinx, Feb 23, 2021.

1. 2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging

My Asus Keris wireless mouse (has both Bluetooth and 2.4ghz modes) is randomly stuttering and lagging in 2.4ghz mode no matter what I use my PC for productivity or in game. I only got thr mouse a week ago. It works as normal in wired and Bluetooth mode. My logitech g pro wireless is now doing the same thing. Both mice function fine when used on a different PC. The only thing that's changed from what I can see is a Windows update for removal of Adobe flash. I have no idea how this might be related. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can try before I try a clean installation of windows.

submitted by /u/xsabinx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xsabinx, Feb 23, 2021
  2. MisterEd Win User

Using 2 Wireless Mice

You are seeing the generic Microsoft mouse devices. The only thing I have found related to Logitech in Device Manager is Logitech USB Input Device. That is not the mouse itself but the USB dongle.

2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging [​IMG]

Even under Setting > Devices > Mouse > Additional mouse options you only see the Microsoft generic mouse settings

Most Logitech mice today can use the Logitech Options software. You can download it from Logitech.

You can add (pair) a Logitech mouse by

Here is the Logitech Advanced Unifying App with a 2nd mouse paired. I can use both mice at the same time.

MisterEd, Feb 23, 2021
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Recommendation for wireless mice

This was true years ago Now, wire could cause some problems too

From wirecutter - best wireless gaming mouse:

AndreTen, Feb 23, 2021
  4. 2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging

Mouse lag/stuttering

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

E for Excel, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging

1. 2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging - Similar Threads - 4Ghz wireless mice

2. Wireless devices input lag / stuttering / freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless devices input lag / stuttering / freezing: Hello guys,I've just got my first wireless keyboard in a while.. Didn't had one since 2015 probably and I'm messed up...I use the keyboard via dongle 2.4 ghz and I am experiencing stuttering, freezing and lagging at random moments that could last from 1 second to the limit of...
  3. Wireless devices input lag / stuttering / freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless devices input lag / stuttering / freezing: Hello guys,I've just got my first wireless keyboard in a while.. Didn't had one since 2015 probably and I'm messed up...I use the keyboard via dongle 2.4 ghz and I am experiencing stuttering, freezing and lagging at random moments that could last from 1 second to the limit of...
  4. lag/Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  5. lag/Stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  6. Sound stuttering/lagging constantly in Wireless Headphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stuttering/lagging constantly in Wireless Headphone: I have ASUS i5 laptop with Windows 1064-bit Operating system. Whenever I connect my Bluetooth wireless headphone, sound abruptly starts stuttering and lagging. This same headphone works very fine and smoothly in Android devices. I also have one other Bluetooth headset but the...
  7. Using 2 Wireless Mice

Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  8. Is it true that with wireless mice clicks sometimes will not register? and they have input lag?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it true that with wireless mice clicks sometimes will not register? and they have input lag?: Hi, i just got this mouse: Amazon.com: Hcman Gaming Mouse Wired,Programmable 7 Buttons,[Upgraded Version] Led Backlit & 5 DPI Mode,Comfortable Grip with Fire Button,USB Laptop Computer Gaming Mice,for PC MAC Gamers Black: Electronics I got it cause of a review of it...
  9. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  10. Recommendation for wireless mice

Recommendation for wireless mice: I'm trying to look for a wireless mouse to replace the one I have right now. However, it seems that despite my seemingly low requirements, I can't find something that seems satisfactory. Right now, I'm using a Dell WM514p which, while good enough, doesn't have back/forward...