Windows 10: 2 AOL programs

Discus and support 2 AOL programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been using AOL Gold since it came out. I thought I had deleted AOL 9.8 from my computer, and for awhile I had no signs of it being present on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WattsFork, Nov 29, 2018.

1. WattsFork Win User

2 AOL programs

I have been using AOL Gold since it came out. I thought I had deleted AOL 9.8 from my computer, and for awhile I had no signs of it being present on the computer. Over the past week, however, the old AOL 9.8 account pops open at the start of my log-in. Not only this, but an error message pops up saying there was an error loading a file and it was going to try and reload it.

I don't use AOL 9.8. I thought it was deleted, and for a good long while I never saw any traces of it. AOL Gold has been working just fine. About a week ago, the old page popped up, along with the error message, and when I close it down it simply pops back up. I have had to shrink the window down just to use the computer and not be hampered with the constant re-emergence of the error message. I also, with the new Windows system. cannot figure out how to locate this rogue file to delete it.

Any answers out there?

Thanks

:)

WattsFork, Nov 29, 2018

2. my aol 9.8 freezes on my websites after a few minutes

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the AOL 9.8 on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you are able to see any error code or error message with this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to compatibility issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install the software/ program in compatibility mode on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated software from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the AOL software and check.

Step 2: I recommend you to run the program as administrator and check if the issue persists.

Right click on the software, and click on Run as administrator.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the AOL software for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Outlook trouble in Windows 10 handling AOL email

Hi Dave,

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail App?
    • If yes, then is that an additional account?

If your AOL is an additional account in Windows 10 Mail App, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior. And if your AOL is primary a account, please get back to us for further assistance.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Thank you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 29, 2018
  4. 2 AOL programs

AOL will soon be free.

That reminds me of the time I told AOL tech support exactly what was wrong with AOL 9.0 (to be precise, the processes that allowed AOL to run operated like malware, and automatically restarted themselves). They didn't speak for like five minutes, and then said "thanks for reporting the problem...until then, please run AOL Spyware Protection to eliminate pesky start up services" *Wtf :wtf:. Oh yeah and according to my Mom, the reasons to run AOL are:
    • Parental controls (useless and easily bypassable).
    • Easiest E-mail interface (I can't argue with an opinion).
    • Security (If they aren't unneccessary, they are easily replaced by better performing freeware).

zekrahminator, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

2 AOL programs

1. 2 AOL programs - Similar Threads - AOL programs

2. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  3. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  4. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails: Hi Aol keeps revamping its email, always for the worse. they now add an image to an any link one copies and pastes. there is the option in the upper right hand corner to remove it after the fact.i was hoping someone here might know how to prevent the image to begin with....
  6. aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails

aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails: Hi Aol keeps revamping its email, always for the worse. they now add an image to an any link one copies and pastes. there is the option in the upper right hand corner to remove it after the fact.i was hoping someone here might know how to prevent the image to begin with....
  7. Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender: Hello,I have AOL and someone whom I don't know well sent me an attachment. Is it possible to scan the attachment and/or email with Windows Defender? If I download the attachment to my desktop, I think -- am not sure -- that I can scan it for viruses, but I'm, again,not sure...
  8. Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender

Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender: Hello,I have AOL and someone whom I don't know well sent me an attachment. Is it possible to scan the attachment and/or email with Windows Defender? If I download the attachment to my desktop, I think -- am not sure -- that I can scan it for viruses, but I'm, again,not sure...
  9. How do I set up a new POP email account with AOL on Outlook 2019?

How do I set up a new POP email account with AOL on Outlook 2019?: I use a Dell Precision M6300 laptop running 32-bit Windows 10 OS. I recently had to change its hard drive and re-install all software on to the new drive, including my properly authorised! copy of Outlook 2019, designated Microsoft Outlook 2019 MSO 16.0.12527.20460 32-bit,...
  10. AOL new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL new program: Hi, I have an older version of AOL on my computer and need to update it. I have tried several way and still nothing? What am I doing wrong. ???? JN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-new-program/3d8a8cd8-e772-4123-81df-f6c08e5ccde6