Windows 10: 2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back

Discus and support 2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, 2 blank folders have just appeared on my desktop. I can delete them by highlighting and hitting the delete key but they just come straight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FormalRS, Mar 19, 2017.

1. FormalRS Win User

2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back

Hey,

2 blank folders have just appeared on my desktop. I can delete them by highlighting and hitting the delete key but they just come straight back.

They have no name, no properties. I can't do anything with them.

How can I get rid of them and should I be worried about them being part of some kind of virus?

:)

FormalRS, Mar 19, 2017
  2. OGreen Win User

Windows keeps trying to update my system. help!

I'm not entirely sure what the update is trying to do, but it keeps placing a shortcut on my desktop and it leads to a folder to Windows10Upgrade and the .exe is called windows10updater.exe. If I let the update go through, it asks to restart my system. When
    it restarts, it comes up with a loading bar and the furthest it has got to is 10% and then it shuts down and my computer comes back on. Then, the update message appears again and tries to update. I have tried deleting the .exe location but it keeps coming
    back with the shortcut on my desktop. I have no idea what to do.

p.s. I already have windows 10.

OGreen, Mar 19, 2017
  3. MacMc Win User
    unable to copy files to and from external hard drives

Troubleshooter did not fix the problem.

To be more in depth about problem.

I have 2 external hard drives connected thru a USB bus and 2 internal hard drives. I am running windows 10. When I try to copy files, folders, etc (using windows explorer) from the internal drives to the external drives, or even from the external drives
    to each other, the system just hangs for about 5 seconds, the screen goes black, comes back to the desktop (which is blank of icons) and then starts to set all of the icons on the desktop.

Windows explorer is closed and the function is not completed. At no point does an error message appear. I am listed as an administrator for the system, I have made sure that all permissions are set to full, and all of the drives are fully shared.

I did go into safe mode function for windows 10 and there were not problems copying files and folders back and forth; but when I re-booted back into full windows, the problem "re-appeared"

Thanx,

Mac

MacMc, Mar 19, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Hi FormalRS and welcome to Tenforums.
    That's very strange. You might want to run ADWCleaner, and then Malwarebytes to see if something is lurking on the system.
    For Malwarebytes AntiMalware, go here and download version 2.2. Then go in the settings and UNCHECK the box to update the program (version 3 has some bugs right now).

2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back [​IMG]

Update the definitions, and run a custom scan, selecting the box for rootkits, and selecting all drives attached to the computer.

simrick, Mar 20, 2017
  5. On top of running those, I would download Comodo Cleaning Essentials and running that for a virus scan as well.

ArazelEternal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back - Similar Threads - Blank Folders Appeared

2. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  3. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  4. One Drive Folder Keeps Coming Back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Folder Keeps Coming Back: When I wanted to get rid of One Drive, I deleted the folder which in turn deleted all my synced folders and files much superior cloud services like Megasync and Dropbox don't do that.After I deleted the folder, I re-downloaded everything from the website and it came back....
  5. One Drive Folder Keeps Coming Back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Folder Keeps Coming Back: When I wanted to get rid of One Drive, I deleted the folder which in turn deleted all my synced folders and files much superior cloud services like Megasync and Dropbox don't do that.After I deleted the folder, I re-downloaded everything from the website and it came back....
  6. Folder keeps on coming back after deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder keeps on coming back after deletion: have a bit of an issue with a folder on my desktop. I keep on deleting and it keeps on coming back. I installed Norton. Didnt pick up any viruses or malware. Scanned computer with safety scanner. Nothing was picked up. Driving me nuts. I installed latest Win10 updates. No...
  7. Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back: As in the title already mentioned, the desktop icon from Qucik Access constantly keeps coming back. I already followed the regestry changes which every guide points out, but sometimes if I restart the explorer in the task manager or start a game the desktop icon keeps coming...
  8. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  9. Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back: I'm setting up a file backup on Win 10 Pro. Under the backup settings there is the "Back up these folders" section. I have a total of five folders I want to backup so I keep removing all the folders that Windows adds by default and leave the five (which are included on the...
  10. Desktop appears as a blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop appears as a blank screen: Running Windows 10 Home. Build 10240. When I start the system the screen is black. When I go into File Explorer and click on Desktop all of the items appear there. I can click on say e-mail and I can get into mail and read or answer them. could I use mct and get the latest...