Windows 10: 2 Bluetooth LE drivers - what should I do and bluetooth says is turned off.

Discus and support 2 Bluetooth LE drivers - what should I do and bluetooth says is turned off. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my Windows 10 says bluetooth is turned off and it may be because that there are 2 bluetooth drivers installed on my computer. They are called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by swim111., Jun 14, 2020.

1. swim111. Win User

2 Bluetooth LE drivers - what should I do and bluetooth says is turned off.

Hi, my Windows 10 says bluetooth is turned off and it may be because that there are 2 bluetooth drivers installed on my computer. They are called "Bluetooth LE Generic Attribute Service". I cannot connect to any of my Bluetooth devices. Should I uninstall one of the drivers? If someone can respond to this, preferably a Microsoft person, that would be great. Thanks.

:)

swim111., Jun 14, 2020

2. Bug in windows bluetooth le GetGattServicesAsync method

The problem description:
    Sometimes it is not possible to get some response from the method GetGattServicesAsync with the parameter BluetoothCacheMode.Cached or BluetoothCacheMode.Uncached. Only the windows restart helps to reconnect the le device and to get the services from the le device.

We use Windows.Devices.Bluetooth.dll with .Net Framework 4.6.1 to build the class library.
    The Windows PC shall connect the Bluetooth le device.

Steps for the problem reproducing:

1. Discovery the devices with the determined service
    2. Call the method FromBluetoothAddressAsync with the Bluetooth address of LE device
    3. BluetoothLEDevice is found
    4. Pair the LE device with desktop:

5. Check the connection status. If the status connected, call the method GetGattServicesAsync(BluetoothCacheMode.Cached)
    6. Sometimes is not possible to get the response from GetGattServicesAsync. After 30 seconds we cancel the task, dispone BluetoothLEDevice, unpair and try to reconnect le device. The reconnection is failed and only the Windows restart helps to establish the connection to the le device.

PC:

• Dell Precision 5530
    • Bluetooth adapter Qualcomm QCA6174A
    • Windows 10 Enterprise (1803)
    • Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.590

LE Device:

• Bluetooth 4.2

Yury Kalinin, Jun 14, 2020
  3. JoLade Win User
    Bluetooth will not turn on

Hi I have a brand new Dell PC with Windows 10, Bluetooth was working fine for the first few days but it seems following an upgrade it is now not working. I've followed steps to check the latest drivers are installed for Bluetooth and for the specific device
    I'm trying to connect to, but still when I go into Device Manager, Bluetooth, it says Bluetooth is not turned on - when I click 'add Bluetooth or other device' it tries and says 'Bluetooth couldn't connect' and sends me back around the same suggestions to
    check the latest drivers are installed etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

JoLade, Jun 14, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. 2 Bluetooth LE drivers - what should I do and bluetooth says is turned off. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth drivers should

2. My bluetooth randomly quit working. It's saying it's turned off, but there's no Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth randomly quit working. It's saying it's turned off, but there's no Bluetooth...: My bluetooth headphones won't connect anymore. It says Bluetooth has been turned off, however there's no toggle button to turn it on. Additionally Bluetooth is not showing up in the Device Manager....
  3. My bluetooth randomly quit working. It's saying it's turned off, but there's no Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth randomly quit working. It's saying it's turned off, but there's no Bluetooth...: My bluetooth headphones won't connect anymore. It says Bluetooth has been turned off, however there's no toggle button to turn it on. Additionally Bluetooth is not showing up in the Device Manager....
  4. My bluetooth randomly quit working. It's saying it's turned off, but there's no Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC says "bluetooth is turned off"

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC says "bluetooth is turned off": so I was using bluetooth headphones earlier this morning and they randomly disconnected and it said "bluetooth is turned off" so I looked for some answers on the web I couldn't find any answers, also I forgot to mention there is no on/off button for me so anyways after I...
  6. What Bluetooth Driver should i install?

What Bluetooth Driver should i install?: I bought this brand new computer about 2 day's ago and it doesnt have bluetooth with it and i need a link to install a bluetooth driver does anyone have a bluetooth driver install link possibly?...
  7. what is "microsoft bluetooth emulator" and "what is "microsoft bluetooth LE emulator"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is "microsoft bluetooth emulator" and "what is "microsoft bluetooth LE emulator"?: [ATTACH] When ever I connect a bluetooth headset to my windows machine I see multiple audio devices in the sound devices list. Why is that? I see only one audio device in Android, ipad, and my mac with the same bluetooth device. Why does windows show multiple audio...
  8. How do I turn on Bluetooth If there's no Option to turn Bluetooth on/off?

How do I turn on Bluetooth If there's no Option to turn Bluetooth on/off?: I'm trying to connect to a device With bluetooth on And it keeps showing this: [ATTACH] Its telling me bluetooth is turned off and not giving me an option to turn it on. I tried the notification centre.[ATTACH] I tried to do it from device manager in control panel, but the...
  9. It says that Bluetooth is turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It says that Bluetooth is turned off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/obergene69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjen1w/it_says_that_bluetooth_is_turned_off/
  10. Bluetooth on/off is no longer displayed on my laptop - what should I do?

Bluetooth on/off is no longer displayed on my laptop - what should I do?: I wanted to listen to music the other day as usual but my wlan didn't work so I restarted the laptop and the wlan was working again but when I wanted to connect my box I couldn't turn on my Bluetooth because the button is missing and I have no plan what to do so can you...