Windows 10: 2 Brief Questions: A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark Link

Discus and support 2 Brief Questions: A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark Link in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Shortcut for amazon........ How do you create a shortcut for Amazon.com ? I use Amazon to buy stuff (usually books), but I also use them for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RaymondWindoz10, Apr 3, 2016.

1. 2 Brief Questions: A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark Link

Shortcut for amazon........

How do you create a shortcut for Amazon.com ?

I use Amazon to buy stuff (usually books), but I also use them for reviews and learning about a product.

I am using it more than ever now and I thought it would be useful to create a shortcut for it on my laptop.

I want it underneath the search bar , right next to my yahoo tab.
    In the left corner, underneath the back and forward arrows and the refresh icon.

I tried right clicking and left clicking everything, I tried playing with the bookmarks.

But nothing seems to be working. I have Windows10 if it makes a difference.

I created one for yahoo, but how do you do it for amazon ?

Also, I have 2 bookmarks for google / windows 10. The Bookmarks bar and the Other Bookmarks.

I must have 100 bookmarks between the two and I want to create 2 or even 3 more so I can organize them.

I have tried searching google, right clicking and left clicking everything but I have not figured it out.

Any suggestions?

:)

RaymondWindoz10, Apr 3, 2016

2. How to delete saved login/password on your device

you cannot create a shortcut/bookmark directly with this. but you can go around it and create one anyway.

to do this,

open a browser to google or what you want.

tap the + to create a new bookmark

change the name to (ie-password files)

change the link to: chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul

and now you have a shortcut/bookmark so you dont have to remember the link.

ceroberts75, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Hmm, we can't reach this page

I deleted my bookmarks, restarted the surface pro 2, googled amazon, clicked on the link and "Hmm, we can't reach this page" was all that appeared. Thanks for trying.

L'OrangeMagoo, Apr 3, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

2 Brief Questions: A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark Link

For bookmarks, navigate to the desired page, then click the Star on the Search bar at the far right;

For folders, left click on the bookmarks bar and choose 'add folder'.

Edwin, Apr 3, 2016
  5. The fast and easy way to add a new IE Favorite or Bookmark a page is the Add to Favorites button on IE and simply a fast click on and drag the icon on the address bar for a particular site or page when having multiples. In Fact if the number grows offscreen on the Bookmarks bar like it does here quite often you simply drag the icon over to the far right and scroll down as the hidden bookmarks are then displayed as a downward menu when no longer able to fit on the bookmarks bar itself.

2 Brief Questions:  A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark  Link [​IMG]

Night Hawk, Apr 3, 2016
  6. Thanks, I know how to create a bookmark.
    What I want to do is create a new link for bookmarks.
    I have about 100 links bookmarked under Bookmarks and Other Bookmarks.

I want to create a third or fourth bookmark that I would call Bookmark 3 and Bookmark 4 or Business and one for Hobbies.

That way I can organize my interests into specific bookmarks with 20, 25 in each one instead of having to scroll through 50 in a single bookmark and search for it every time.

7. Edwin New Member
    First of all: Your System Specs say Google Chrome so, I'm going to take it for granted, that is what you are using so that's what I'll use for my example.

Secondly: What you refer to as 'links' are actually 'Places'. There is only two 'Places' in Chrome, the Bookmarks Bar and Other Bookmarks. Anything over and above that needs to be a sub-folder or (sub-link or sub-place).

Right click in the appropriate 'Place' and select 'Add folder' (or sub-folder), add or drag bookmarks to said folder as desired, and drag the new folder to the desired position on the bookmarks bar, if you wish.

Edwin, Apr 3, 2016
  8. 2 Brief Questions: A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark Link

Thanks, I got it now........!

9. Thanks, I got it now..........I appreciate your help.

10. Why not put it on your Taskbar
    Go to Amazon in Apps
    Click on it
    Then scroll to More
    Click that
    Up will come Add to Taskbar
    I use Amazon all the time and that is how I open it on my laptop

hTconeM9user, Apr 3, 2016
  11. I deleted everything I thought I would not use when I bought the computer new last summer.

I figured it out, but it was much easier .......I was making things difficult......I went to amazon. ........copied it..........and then pasted it in the toolbar....to easy.

Sometimes, I just make things hard for myself........*Smile

RaymondWindoz10, Apr 4, 2016
  12. topgundcp Win User
    Need not to do this. Just click and hold the icon in front of the address then drag and drop to the toolbar.

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2016
  13. 2 Brief Questions: A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark Link

That works even better. Thanks. I doubt if I'll ever forget this again...........*Smile

And I got my bookmarks figure dout too thanks to another poster above.....it was a good day for me .......!

RaymondWindoz10, Apr 4, 2016
  14. That's the same as what I was explaining before about simply clicking on and dragging the icon seen on the address bar down to the bookmarks bar. With a fast right click on the new bookmark you can also shorten the length if too long by renaming it as well. Sometimes the entire URL or site's descriptive heading will be displayed where this comes in handy!

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2016
  15. Glad you got it sorted
    Yes nice feeling when you can get it sorted and have a good day
    Mark this thread as solved if both questions have been answered

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

2 Brief Questions: A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark Link

1. 2 Brief Questions: A Shortcut for Amazon and a new Bookmark Link - Similar Threads - Brief Questions Shortcut

2. 2 Issues - Microsoft Password & Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Issues - Microsoft Password & Bookmarks: 1.I'm confused about how to view passwords in my Google Chrome. To start off, I have multiple computers like a majority of the folks in the United States. On my laptop when I want to make a note of which login credentials I currently have there, I go to Chrome, then settings,...
  3. Shortcut access to Chrome Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut access to Chrome Bookmarks: I would like to set up a shortcut on my desktop that will issue a command equivalent to Ctl+Shift+O to access the Chrome Bookmark manager directly regardless of whether Chrome is active or not. Is it possible? If so how?...
  4. Shortcut access to Chrome Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut access to Chrome Bookmarks: I would like to set up a shortcut on my desktop that will issue a command equivalent to Ctl+Shift+O to access the Chrome Bookmark manager directly regardless of whether Chrome is active or not. Is it possible? If so how?...
  5. Question Link 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question Link 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-pivot-table-measures-stopped-working/b4152bd7-d9f8-4282-9f55-adaaae80b42e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-link-2/c17c050b-8927-4687-80c5-d49e31175a70
  6. Question Link

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-pivot-table-measures-stopped-working/b4152bd7-d9f8-4282-9f55-adaaae80b42e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-link/b6e8b8c5-829d-4b17-ae66-838a34282e2d
  7. A Couple of Brief Questions: Search Engines / Unplugged Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    A Couple of Brief Questions: Search Engines / Unplugged Laptop: 1. When I want to 'clean' my laptop, I often go to History and 'Clear History'. Then I scroll up to Manage Search Engines and there are 5, 6 , 8 different websites I have recently visited. I am confident they exist because my computer has picked up some cookies, but they are...
  8. Linking Edge Browers bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Linking Edge Browers bookmarks: Hey Guys, I have a desktop PC and laptop, both with Win10 install. I have saved all my bookmarks to my Edge browser on my PC. Is there a way I can sync my Edge browser on my laptop with the bookmarks from my pc. I know Google Chrome and Opera allow this feature but I...
  9. 2 Brief questions ....keyboard and iPhone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 Brief questions ....keyboard and iPhone: I bought a new HP laptop in December. Yesterday whenever I typed something it kept repeating the = sign. Then it stopped typing anything, nothing worked when I typed. Nothing.....Nada. I did not abuse it. I turned it in today. Why would it fail like that when it is only 3...
  10. A few Brief Questions about W10

in Windows 10 Support
    A few Brief Questions about W10: 1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ? 2. What is box ? I clicked it on but it won't open.....should I delete it ? I unpinned the games, groove music, sports,...