Windows 10: 2 BSOD Errors Happen At Random

Discus and support 2 BSOD Errors Happen At Random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, We have been getting two types of blue screens when just using the pc for web browsing for some time now, i am not sure if it is Avast causing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pommy192, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Pommy192 Win User

2 BSOD Errors Happen At Random

Hello,

We have been getting two types of blue screens when just using the pc for web browsing for some time now, i am not sure if it is Avast causing the issue or possible faulty RAM.

Build 18363

The two BSOD in question are :

Ntosknl.exe irq_not_less_or_equal

Ndu.sys system_service_exception

Link to the dump files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmQ8gT7BpIOXqk6uEIEN6PWp-GaV

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Mark.

:)

Pommy192, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Bonn84 Win User

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Aug 1, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

Thema:

1. 2 BSOD Errors Happen At Random - Similar Threads - BSOD Errors Happen

2. random BSOD 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random BSOD 2: mistake close:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/random-bsod/6524c182-c79e-4725-b3b7-20cc0feec100?messageId=c1e4eecb-7f77-4ead-96c3-09c1e83aba0bho bad luck it seem happen again ! during browser navigation on vivaldi.i get 2 crash few day...
  3. random BSOD 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random BSOD 2: mistake close:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/random-bsod/6524c182-c79e-4725-b3b7-20cc0feec100?messageId=c1e4eecb-7f77-4ead-96c3-09c1e83aba0bho bad luck it seem happen again ! during browser navigation on vivaldi.i get 2 crash few day...
  4. random BSOD 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSODs randomly happening on random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs randomly happening on random times: Hi folks! So I got this issue I have been having for months, where my computer would crash with a BSOD in some cases. I thought it was about driver issues but none of the drivers seem like it points towards the BSODs at all As far as I know.In fact, all the BSODs pointed...
  6. BSODs randomly happening on random times

BSODs randomly happening on random times: Hi folks! So I got this issue I have been having for months, where my computer would crash with a BSOD in some cases. I thought it was about driver issues but none of the drivers seem like it points towards the BSODs at all As far as I know.In fact, all the BSODs pointed...
  7. BSOD : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION - Randomly happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION - Randomly happens: Hello,I'm looking to understand why my computer keeps randomly getting BSOD saying "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION"Here is the minidump file processed through WinDbg : https://pastebin.com/YKkKDbdW - I'm not sure how to read it correctly to find where it's coming from!I...
  8. Random BSoD's happening for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSoD's happening for no reason.: Hello!I am experiencing random BSoD's for a while now, and I thought that now is the right time to find a solution to stop them, due to the amount of BSoD's increasing.When I wake the PC from sleep there will be a variety of BSoD's. Such as: KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled,...
  9. Random BSoD's happening for no reason.

Random BSoD's happening for no reason.: Hello!I am experiencing random BSoD's for a while now, and I thought that now is the right time to find a solution to stop them, due to the amount of BSoD's increasing.When I wake the PC from sleep there will be a variety of BSoD's. Such as: KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled,...
  10. (70368744177664),(2) Crashes randomly happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    (70368744177664),(2) Crashes randomly happening: Installed Norton antivirus and began experiencing these crashes. Have gone thru the process and believe I wiped it off my device but think that some of the changes it made to the system are still in place and continuing to cause my device to crash. I have attached a...