Windows 10: 2 BSODs after plugging or unplugging the laptop from adapter

Discus and support 2 BSODs after plugging or unplugging the laptop from adapter in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have this Acer laptop: Swift 3 SF315-52G - Teknik Ozellikler | Dizustu bilgisayarlar | Acer Turkiye and have a problem with BSODs. My laptop keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xiphos9, Feb 5, 2020.

1. xiphos9 Win User

2 BSODs after plugging or unplugging the laptop from adapter

I have this Acer laptop:

Swift 3 SF315-52G - Teknik Ozellikler | Dizustu bilgisayarlar | Acer Turkiye

and have a problem with BSODs. My laptop keeps crashing after i plug or unplug the battery from charger. The pattern is always the same: First time a BSOD having stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and reboot. And again another blue screen but the stopcode is: VIDEO_DSGRNL_FATAL_ERROR and rebot again.

Here is my log collector file:

LAPTOP-5H3FNDC7-(2020-02-05_13-23-40).zip - Google Drive

:)

xiphos9, Feb 5, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

Laptop adapter died

As a fun fact, some laptop adapters do interchange (old IBM Thinkpad adapters are actually a cheap and popular replacement for some Panasonic toughbooks because the specs are identical), but you should NEVER assume they do simply because of a physical fit!

Most laptops list the voltage and current on the bottom panel or by the plug. All adapters should as well if they are UL listed. Check both and don't plug it in unless they match! Even then, the best bet is ALWAYS the original adapter.

So yeah, hope you didn't do more damage than just the AC adapter is all I can say.

R-T-B, Feb 5, 2020
  3. BSOD after plugging in AC adapter

Hi, I tried the method you told. I uninstalled the Battery and the AC Adapter driver, and restarted the laptop. But it didn't solve the problem. The BSOD still occured when I plugged the AC adapter. Actually, it happened not right after I plugged it, rather
    around 3-5 minutes later.

Steven Sutanto, Feb 5, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. 2 BSODs after plugging or unplugging the laptop from adapter - Similar Threads - BSODs plugging unplugging

2. WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?: I have an Ethernet adapter I use for my gaming laptop that plugs in via the USB-C port, the WiFi is working on other devices.I seem to have pinpointed the issue as being an adapter issue. I can't figure out how to solve the issue though. When I go into Device Manager the...
  3. WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi won't work after plugging and then unplugging my Ethernet adapter?: I have an Ethernet adapter I use for my gaming laptop that plugs in via the USB-C port, the WiFi is working on other devices.I seem to have pinpointed the issue as being an adapter issue. I can't figure out how to solve the issue though. When I go into Device Manager the...
  4. Laptop corrupting after unplugging from power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop corrupting after unplugging from power: Frequently, after unplugging my laptop, it makes a loud buzzing sound and then proceeds to work - except with files corrupted fixed with sfc /scannow. This causes weird and colourful display blackouts and occasionally crashes. It also breaks my network adapter, after which I...
  5. Laptop corrupting after unplugging from power

Laptop corrupting after unplugging from power: Frequently, after unplugging my laptop, it makes a loud buzzing sound and then proceeds to work - except with files corrupted fixed with sfc /scannow. This causes weird and colourful display blackouts and occasionally crashes. It also breaks my network adapter, after which I...
  6. Laptop corrupting after unplugging from power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD after plugging in AC adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after plugging in AC adapter: My Dell laptop is getting BSOD when it is plugged in mostly while watching NetflixI already updated BIOS drives, uninstalled-reinstalled battery in Device Manager, scanned for memory checks, removed and re-insterted battery, nothing helped.Windbg says source of problem is...
  8. BSOD after plugging in AC adapter

BSOD after plugging in AC adapter: My Dell laptop is getting BSOD when it is plugged in mostly while watching NetflixI already updated BIOS drives, uninstalled-reinstalled battery in Device Manager, scanned for memory checks, removed and re-insterted battery, nothing helped.Windbg says source of problem is...
  9. BSOD after plugging in AC adapter

10. BSOD after plugging in AC adapter

BSOD after plugging in AC adapter: Hi, recently my laptop always get to BSOD after I plug in the AC Adapter. The information on the BSOD screen said stopcode: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. I have updated my Windows to the last update available. Please help me solve this problem....