Windows 10: 2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

Discus and support 2 BSOD's in 2 weeks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Installed W10 Pro on a freshly built system in January. In July, I got 2 BSODs. Can someone assist me with figuring out what happened and how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by microsvc, Aug 6, 2019.

1. microsvc Win User

2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

Installed W10 Pro on a freshly built system in January. In July, I got 2 BSODs. Can someone assist me with figuring out what happened and how to resolve it?

1. POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA. I got this when I was doing drive cleanup.

Bug Check String : POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA
    Bug Check Code : 0x000000de
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 2 : ffffa60d`519ff118
    Parameter 3 : ffffa60d`2ac0bd40
    Parameter 4 : 00000001`ea52a8c0
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

2. BAD_POOL_CALLER. This happened early one morning. Unsure what did it.

Bug Check String : BAD_POOL_CALLER
    Bug Check Code : 0x000000c2
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`0000000d
    Parameter 2 : ffff9704`11f3acd0
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`6e664d46
    Parameter 4 : 0aa9ffd2`4523f901
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

Brief on system. ASUS Mobo with AMD Ryzen 5, Samsung 500Gb SSD, NVidia video card.

Thanks!

Bob

:)

microsvc, Aug 6, 2019

2. Help with ordinal 2 error

Hi Tory,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to launch the Ordinal 2 on your computer. For us to properly assist you, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Enable DirectPlay.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Select Turn Windows Features On and Off, click Legacy Components.
    • Choose DirectPlay and enable that.

Step 2: Run the compatibility troubleshooter.

• Press and hold (or right-click) the program.
    • Select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Tommy Win User
    Type Cover 2 not working with WIndows 10 (Release)

So, after suggesting checking for firmware updates, it does appear there was a firmware release July 23, 2015 that resolves this issue. The step-by-step directions as well as the firmware release history for the Surface Pro 2 can be found here.

Tommy, Aug 6, 2019
  4. OR1991 Win User

2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

I have had 2 BSOD since upgrading to Win10

I have had 2 BSOD, one called "Video_scheduler_internal_error". & the other called "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" . Can someone tell me what this means?? This PC is brand new. About a week old. i just upgraded to Windows 10 and all of a sudden I get 2 blue screens of death

OR1991, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

1. 2 BSOD's in 2 weeks - Similar Threads - BSOD's weeks

2. I've gotten 3 BSoD's in the last week (Win 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've gotten 3 BSoD's in the last week (Win 10): My PC has been acting up lately, being a little slow at some things and causing me a lot of issues with Steam lately, but has slowed down. Apps frequently "stop responding" as well. The main issue now is that I have been getting fairly frequent BSoD's on top of all this,...
  3. BSOD started to appear since a week ago.

BSOD started to appear since a week ago.: Hi. I'm using Macbook Pro 2018 15"i7-8750H, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Radeon Pro 560x. Suddenly I've been getting this BSOD since a week ago. Here's dump: ********************************************************************************...
  4. BSOD stared to appear since a week ago.

BSOD stared to appear since a week ago.: Hi. I'm using Macbook Pro 2018 15"i7-8750H, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Radeon Pro 560x. Suddenly I've been getting this BSOD since a week ago. Here's dump: ********************************************************************************...
  5. Week old pc. Daily BSOD

Week old pc. Daily BSOD: Hey, I've bought a pc built for me and on the second day it started to experience bsod's. Mostly during gaming but also a few times during youtube or browsing. I've also had freezes where i'm forced to restart my pc. So far i've only tried to uninstall latest gpu drivers and...
  6. Anybody can unravel the mystery here? I've been getting Memory Management BSODs all week...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anybody can unravel the mystery here? I've been getting Memory Management BSODs all week...: This is from WhoCrashed after about the 50th stop error since Tuesday. I've run Memoery Diagnostics and CHKDSK, hardware is fine, uninstalled all uneccessary programs, did a clean boot, updated BIOS, drivers and Win ODS; only thing left is nuke the planet from space by ding a...
  7. I get the BSOD about once per week: systemprofile\AppData\Local\PlaceholderTileLogoFol der

I get the BSOD about once per week: systemprofile\AppData\Local\PlaceholderTileLogoFol der: Can anyone tell me what this folder is used for? Here's the filepath: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\PlaceholderTileLogoFolder Unrelated question: I get the BSOD about once per week at odd times. Lenovo X1 Carbon Thinkpad purchased about a...
  8. Different BSOD errors past couple of weeks

Different BSOD errors past couple of weeks: I've been getting different BSOD errors the past couple of weeks. Originally thought it was a RAM issue as it usually happens after I've been playing a game for a while. Did the memtest no errors showed up. Bought new RAM, still didn't fix the issue. Next thing I tried was a...
  9. Random BSODs since update last week

Random BSODs since update last week: Windows version 1903. Ever since a middle of the night update last week (10/5) the system has random bsods. Also cannot access the system information app, "windows management files may be moved or missing." although running sfc /scannow reports everything is fine. The...
  10. Seemingly random ntoskrnl BSOD every 2-3 weeks

Seemingly random ntoskrnl BSOD every 2-3 weeks: Hello, hopefully someone here can clear up this mystery for me. I've had a stable system on my Ryzen 5 1600, but since installing the new Ryzen 5 3600 (no other components have changed) I've been getting seemingly random BSODs, about every two weeks (usually just browsing...