Windows 10: 2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

Discus and support 2 BSOD's in 2 weeks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Installed W10 Pro on a freshly built system in January. In July, I got 2 BSODs. Can someone assist me with figuring out what happened and how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by microsvc, Aug 6, 2019.

1. microsvc Win User

2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

Installed W10 Pro on a freshly built system in January. In July, I got 2 BSODs. Can someone assist me with figuring out what happened and how to resolve it?

1. POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA. I got this when I was doing drive cleanup.

Bug Check String : POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA
    Bug Check Code : 0x000000de
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 2 : ffffa60d`519ff118
    Parameter 3 : ffffa60d`2ac0bd40
    Parameter 4 : 00000001`ea52a8c0
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

2. BAD_POOL_CALLER. This happened early one morning. Unsure what did it.

Bug Check String : BAD_POOL_CALLER
    Bug Check Code : 0x000000c2
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`0000000d
    Parameter 2 : ffff9704`11f3acd0
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`6e664d46
    Parameter 4 : 0aa9ffd2`4523f901
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

Brief on system. ASUS Mobo with AMD Ryzen 5, Samsung 500Gb SSD, NVidia video card.

Thanks!

Bob

:)

microsvc, Aug 6, 2019

2. Help with ordinal 2 error

Hi Tory,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to launch the Ordinal 2 on your computer. For us to properly assist you, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Enable DirectPlay.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Select Turn Windows Features On and Off, click Legacy Components.
    • Choose DirectPlay and enable that.

Step 2: Run the compatibility troubleshooter.

• Press and hold (or right-click) the program.
    • Select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Tommy Win User
    Type Cover 2 not working with WIndows 10 (Release)

So, after suggesting checking for firmware updates, it does appear there was a firmware release July 23, 2015 that resolves this issue. The step-by-step directions as well as the firmware release history for the Surface Pro 2 can be found here.

Tommy, Aug 6, 2019
  4. OR1991 Win User

2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

I have had 2 BSOD since upgrading to Win10

I have had 2 BSOD, one called "Video_scheduler_internal_error". & the other called "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" . Can someone tell me what this means?? This PC is brand new. About a week old. i just upgraded to Windows 10 and all of a sudden I get 2 blue screens of death

OR1991, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

1. 2 BSOD's in 2 weeks - Similar Threads - BSOD's weeks

2. Multiple BSOD's in a week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's in a week: I've had multiple BSOD's as of late, all typically happening while playing games, once when locking my PC with [WIN+L].Posting for help since it's happened 3 times this week, which is way more often than normal.When viewing the reliability monitor, the most recent BSOD was a...
  3. Multiple BSOD's in a week

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD's in a week: I've had multiple BSOD's as of late, all typically happening while playing games, once when locking my PC with [WIN+L].Posting for help since it's happened 3 times this week, which is way more often than normal.When viewing the reliability monitor, the most recent BSOD was a...
  4. Multiple BSOD's in a week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.: Recently, I have encountered frequent blue screen errors with my Dell G15 5525 laptop with the following error...
  6. Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.

Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.: Recently, I have encountered frequent blue screen errors with my Dell G15 5525 laptop with the following error...
  7. I have been getting BSODs Clock Watchdog Timeout on Windows 11 the past weeks and I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been getting BSODs Clock Watchdog Timeout on Windows 11 the past weeks and I don't...: I have the minidump in the link below. Can someone please help me figure out the reason at least of the the BSOD? minidump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-getting-bsods-clock-watchdog-timeout/01051ab0-a3f9-406f-8e4e-3019be968cea
  8. I have been getting BSODs Clock Watchdog Timeout on Windows 11 the past weeks and I don't...

I have been getting BSODs Clock Watchdog Timeout on Windows 11 the past weeks and I don't...: I have the minidump in the link below. Can someone please help me figure out the reason at least of the the BSOD? minidump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-getting-bsods-clock-watchdog-timeout/01051ab0-a3f9-406f-8e4e-3019be968cea
  9. I am experiencing bsod so often in past few weeks BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am experiencing bsod so often in past few weeks BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 -...: I'm trying to solve this problem for a while now. here is my dump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1etdAh1_oht0mKvZGPTaN0sM74zG7t-r1/view?usp=drive_linkthank you in advance...
  10. I am experiencing bsod so often in past few weeks BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 -...

I am experiencing bsod so often in past few weeks BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 -...: I'm trying to solve this problem for a while now. here is my dump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1etdAh1_oht0mKvZGPTaN0sM74zG7t-r1/view?usp=drive_linkthank you in advance...