Windows 10: 2 BSOD's in the past 2 days don't know what is going on.

Discus and support 2 BSOD's in the past 2 days don't know what is going on. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have gotten two BSOD's in the past two days while playing League of Legends with my friends. I think all my drivers are up to date so I am not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Llxr, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Llxr Win User

2 BSOD's in the past 2 days don't know what is going on.

I have gotten two BSOD's in the past two days while playing League of Legends with my friends. I think all my drivers are up to date so I am not sure what is causing the problem. Also i don't think me playing the game is relevant to the crashes. Please give me feed back from what the crash report says.

:)

2. Kyle12308 Win User

I've gotten multiple blue screens the past 2 days, all of them contain a different error message

Hi,

So last night I decided to try and reinstall Windows again, but now I'm on a loop of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows cannot proceed. To install windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart
    the installation". I can't proceed with installation of drivers because of this.

Also, I don't have a Windows 10 DVD, as I upgraded from Windows 8.1, and my 8.1 was an OEM version, would I be able to put that in?

If I purchased a new hard drive would that solve the problem?

Thank you for the assistance.

EDIT: I put my Windows 8.1 disk in the PC, but when I select "Startup Repair", it says that it couldn't repair my PC. When I try to reset the PC, it says "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing."

When I try to install Windows 8.1 I couldn't select a drive to install it on, so I deleted all the drives and created a new one and proceeded with the installation. After a few moments, I received the error message "Windows cannot install required files.
    The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570"

Please help!

Thanks you,

Kyle

Kyle12308, Dec 23, 2015
  3. Kyle12308 Win User
    I've gotten multiple blue screens the past 2 days, all of them contain a different error message

Kyle12308, Dec 23, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Llxr,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please check your manufacturer for driver updates.

The touchpad driver has been flagged
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ETD.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ETD.sys 0: kd> lmvm ETDstart end module name fffff801`1a5e0000 fffff801`1a653000 ETD T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ETD.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ETD.sys Image name: ETD.sys Timestamp: Thu Sep 10 13:42:13 2015 (55F16C95) CheckSum: 00078693 ImageSize: 00073000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Llxr Win User
    Okay the touchpad driver I had was in fact out of date. Hopefully this fixes the issue. If I have another BSOD should I post back here, or make a new post?

6. axe0 New Member
    When anytime soon you get a bluescreen, just run the dm log collector again, upload the zip and give some description of what happened.

7. Llxr Win User
    Ok but would you prefer me to reply to this post or make a new one?

8. axe0 New Member

It would be useless to create a new thread for a problem that hasn't been solved, but I leave that choice to you.

9. Llxr Win User
    Ok thanks for the help

10. Llxr Win User
    Yesterday I had 2 BSODs. I know one was related to my mouse pad because it had etd.sys. Not sure why it would cause a BSOD becuase the driver I have is the one on my manufacturer's website. The other BSOD happened really fast and I didn't have time to see the error message so who knows what caused that.

11. axe0 New Member
    A driver could become corrupt sometimes.

2 BSOD's in the past 2 days don't know what is going on. [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    2 BSOD's in the past 2 days don't know what is going on. [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

12. Llxr Win User
    It did not find any errors both times

13. axe0 New Member

Check your manufacturer frequently for driver updates please, hope they'll occur soon.

14. Llxr Win User
    I never use my mouse pad so since it is causing so many problems can i just disable it? The option is grayed out when i look in the devices page.

15. Llxr Win User
    I figured it out. Thanks for trying to help me.

Thema:

1. 2 BSOD's in the past 2 days don't know what is going on. - Similar Threads - BSOD's past days

2. Experienced 2 BSOD in the past 2 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experienced 2 BSOD in the past 2 days: Specs for computer:MotherBoard: Asus Tuf x570 plus wifi CPU: Ryzen 5900xGPU: EVGA 3070 FTW3 UltraRAM: GSKill RipJaws 32gb DDR4 3200mhzPSU: Generic Non-modular 700W Nothing overclocked at the time of BSOD. CPU temps normal, actively monitoring using HWinfo64. I do have a...
  3. Experienced 2 BSOD in the past 2 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Experienced 2 BSOD in the past 2 days: Specs for computer:MotherBoard: Asus Tuf x570 plus wifi CPU: Ryzen 5900xGPU: EVGA 3070 FTW3 UltraRAM: GSKill RipJaws 32gb DDR4 3200mhzPSU: Generic Non-modular 700W Nothing overclocked at the time of BSOD. CPU temps normal, actively monitoring using HWinfo64. I do have a...
  4. Experienced 2 BSOD in the past 2 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 2 BSOD in the last 2 Days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 BSOD in the last 2 Days: In the last 2 days i have had 2 Blue Screens while playing GTA online nothing else seems to cause an issue.I had upgraded to a new RTX 3060 from a GTX 1660 about a week ago which is the only thing that has changed in my system.The first BSOD seemed to be caused by a...
  6. 2 BSOD in the last 2 Days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 BSOD in the last 2 Days: In the last 2 days i have had 2 Blue Screens while playing GTA online nothing else seems to cause an issue.I had upgraded to a new RTX 3060 from a GTX 1660 about a week ago which is the only thing that has changed in my system.The first BSOD seemed to be caused by a...
  7. 2 BSOD in the last 2 Days

8. 2 BSOD in 2 days. I need help finding what cause it

2 BSOD in 2 days. I need help finding what cause it: For the past 2 days I have encountered 2 random BSOD while being on zoom classes. I have ran through mem test and update the drivers on some of my devices. The device is a HP OMEN 15 laptop CPU: i7 7700HQ GPU: GTX 1050Ti RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666 Storage: 1TB HDD, 120GB SSD....
  9. 2 day old laptop - BSOD

2 day old laptop - BSOD: Hi, I'm now at my wits end and hoping someone can help. I am not tech savvy so apologies for the dumb wording and descriptions. Background: I work for a small Not for profit and we purchased a new HP laptop in the new year. About 4 months in, I was continuously getting a...
  10. Past 2 Days BSOD very Random Occurrence

Past 2 Days BSOD very Random Occurrence: Hi Guys Over the past 2 days been getting very random BSOD maybe one to 3 times a day. I have not seen the other messages other than minidump files been created. But today i saw lvrs64.sys which i am not sure if it is related to Logitec Webcam Software but checking my...