Windows 10: 2 completely different GPU's, Flickering cursor

Discus and support 2 completely different GPU's, Flickering cursor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have been using a Gigabyte RX580 as a crutch until my Gigabyte 2080ti is repaired. Now it's back and I'm trying to use both. I'd call it a success,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by gettheclicker, Apr 8, 2020.

1. 2 completely different GPU's, Flickering cursor

I have been using a Gigabyte RX580 as a crutch until my Gigabyte 2080ti is repaired.
    Now it's back and I'm trying to use both.
    I'd call it a success, the main screen is using the 2080ti while the other 2 are running off the RX580.
    The only issue I've noticed so far is the loading icon on my cursor keeps flickering.
    If I disable the RX580 the flickering goes away.

Now the whole idea here is to use the RX580 for the other 2 monitors so the 2080ti doesn't have to work as hard. I do not use those screens for gaming because they are 32" while the main screen is a 55"4k UHD.

Resolutions are...
    Vizio Left screen 32" 1360x768
    LG Main screen 55" 1920x1080 in windows and 3840x2160 in games
    Westinghouse Right screen 32" 1366x768. Not a typo, 1366 is just what works best.

I hope someone has a solution otherwise I am perfectly fine shelving the RX580 for another rainy day.
    2 completely different GPU's, Flickering cursor [​IMG]

2 completely different GPU's, Flickering cursor [​IMG]

:)

gettheclicker, Apr 8, 2020
  2. F.LuffY Win User

Cursor flickers when copy pasting.

I recently updated my Windows 10 and I suddenly found myself having issues with my laptop. The cursor flickers and when it does, I am unable to use ctrl c and ctrl v. If you copy and paste something it will paste a screenshot of your whole screen. I'm currently
    using a Lenovo ideapad 310-15IKB with specs:

• Core i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50 GHz
    • 6 GB ram
    • Nvidia Geforce 920m

I already tried updating and uninstalling mouse and keyboard drivers. I did a complete reset of my laptop uninstalling all the apps and reinstalling windows 10. I noticed though that when I hit ctrl it will stop the flickering for a while but won't completely
    resolve the issue.

***Modified title from: Flickering cursor while extremely slowing down laptop and unable to use ctrl+v and ctrl+c***

F.LuffY, Apr 9, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Apr 9, 2020
  4. 2 completely different GPU's, Flickering cursor

display 2 flickering?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model of the computer?

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

Method 1

Make sure all connections for the monitor are properly connected.

Check the cable at both the computer and monitor ends. If tightening it down or reconnecting it doesn't fix the problem try replacing the cable and check the status of the issue.

Try connecting on a different monitor and check the status of the issue. If the issue still persists on the other monitor.

Method 2

You may refer the article Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

2 completely different GPU's, Flickering cursor

1. 2 completely different GPU's, Flickering cursor - Similar Threads - completely different GPU's

2. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have 2 cursors with one flickering: I have 2 cursors on my screen. One is stationary and I have no control over and a 2nd that I have trouble controlling that is continually flickering. Also when I move the cursor a 2nd window appears and sometimes i have no control over my laptop. Please help....
  3. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 cursors with one flickering: I have 2 cursors on my screen. One is stationary and I have no control over and a 2nd that I have trouble controlling that is continually flickering. Also when I move the cursor a 2nd window appears and sometimes i have no control over my laptop. Please help....
  4. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my cursor flickers

my cursor flickers: my cursor flickers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-flickers/bb66c691-591e-47e1-8794-7240dc02af29
  6. 2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers!: I'm posting this on behalf of a friend, who has an Asus all in one PC running Windows 10, and a few weeks ago has started having two mouse arrows on screen, one is fixed at the bottom of the screen on the taskbar, right in the middle, in a sort of bubble, nothing I do can...
  7. Flickering Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flickering Mouse cursor: This is a relatively new problem for me. The mouse has a fully charged battery (I think) but the problem is continuing. I've tried Google but I don't appear to have the HP Simple Pass program which is mentioned by some people. If it matters, I'm 72 and not exactly the...
  8. Cursor flickering

Cursor flickering: My cursor is flickering like crazy. I'm running Windows 10, latest updates installed. I'm on a Lenovo laptop, but I don't know the model. I've already tested multiple mice. To be more specific, the cursor disappears completely when I'm not moving it. When using a mouse and...
  9. Solution to Flickering Cursor

Solution to Flickering Cursor: I have had a problem with a flickering cursor while using some programs including Word Perfect. I checked Task Manager / CPU to see what programs were using the most resources. I found "SYSCRB" using the most resources. I tried to google syscrb and found that it is a...
  10. Cursor is flickering

Cursor is flickering: Please help me with the following issue. My cursor starts flickering when I try to copy paste so I receive a screenshot of all my laptop screen instead of the text I want to copy paste. When the cursor is flickering, I am unable to use Ctrl +C and Ctrl+v buttons but if I...