Windows 10: 2 computers 2 different networks

Discus and support 2 computers 2 different networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 HP Desktops that I cannot get to communicate with each other. Did not have this problem before the "Automatic" Windows 10 upgrade. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cherepes, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Cherepes Win User

2 computers 2 different networks

I have 2 HP Desktops that I cannot get to communicate with each other. Did not have this problem before the "Automatic" Windows 10 upgrade. The machines are identical except that 1 has Windows 10 Pro and the other Windows 10 Home. I can see both computers on the network, but cannot access either. They are both connected by Ethernet, no wireless. The 10 home cannot join the homegroup. The workgroups are the same. The thing I find odd is the network names. The pro shows:
    Network 2
    Private Network

and home
    Network
    Private Network.

One other thing I noticed, in the home under the network tree I only see computer 1 and computer 2,
    on the pro I see computer 1, computer 1, computer 2, computer 2.

At wits end on trying to network them, have tried everything.

:)

Cherepes, Feb 10, 2017
  2. Ablos Win User

1 router 2 computers 2 networks glitch

Please help

Ablos, Feb 10, 2017
  3. Ablos Win User
    1 router 2 computers 2 networks glitch

I have a strange problem with my internet.

We have two computers in our home both connected to the same router, one is running windows 10 and the other windows 10 education. But for some weird reason the windows 10 computer is on NETWORK 2 and the windows 10 education computer is on NETWORK. Now
    I can't make a HomeGroup or play games on LAN. How can I fix this?

Router: Sitecom Wireless Gigabit Dualband Router 300N

Both computers have the Realtek PCIe GBA Family Controller

Ablos, Feb 10, 2017
  4. 2 computers 2 different networks

Welcome to the TenForums @Cherepes

I going to suggest we go right back to square one.

First unplug your router, wait 20 secs and plug back in.

Then of both laptops do the following steps

Create restore points.

Next I going to suggest we reset your network totally. There are trouble shooters you may wish to try, but you've likely already tried some. Resetting the network means you loose all wireless passwords. I know you are using wire but if you have some saved wireless passwords they are erased.

Click on Start => Settings => Network and Internet

Scroll down on right window, at the bottom "Reset network".

Reboot.

Then decide which device should initiate Homegroup. On that device right on network icon in systray, lower right of screen, Open network and sharing center, lower left of Window that opens clcik on Homegroup, then Create a homegroup.

Then on other device join the homegroup.

Post back please

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 11, 2017
Thema:

2 computers 2 different networks

1. 2 computers 2 different networks - Similar Threads - computers different networks

2. Can 1 computer show up as 2 different computers on a network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can 1 computer show up as 2 different computers on a network?: We have an xfinity router and an orbi, both secured networks. There are times that I see 2 laptops with different ip addresses and different mac addresses logged onto xfinity when there is only 1 that I am aware of supposed to be connected. Other times it shows one of the...
  3. Can 1 computer show up as 2 different computers on a network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can 1 computer show up as 2 different computers on a network?: We have an xfinity router and an orbi, both secured networks. There are times that I see 2 laptops with different ip addresses and different mac addresses logged onto xfinity when there is only 1 that I am aware of supposed to be connected. Other times it shows one of the...
  4. OneDrive settings different in 2 computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive settings different in 2 computers?: I have two computers, both of which have Windows 10. Computer A is my main computer and there is plenty of room on the hard drive. On computer A, the files in my professional OneDrive are also stored locally. Computer B is my second computer and it has a smaller hard drive...
  5. 2 networks 2 PCs

2 networks 2 PCs: Hii. I have 2 networks in my work place one is for PCs and the other for Machine , this one for machines has an IP cam connected to it now i need to access this cam from PCs on the first network , you have to know that the second pc for machine is connected to the first...
  6. Networking between 2 computers

Networking between 2 computers: Windows version number desktop - 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) , Laptop 1909 (OS Build 18363.1256) Hi Everyone, I have 2 computers (next to each other), one is a desktop, one is a laptop, both running windows 10. I want to connect them together using the network. When I...
  7. Using 2 network adapters with different applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using 2 network adapters with different applications: So I saw a bunch of ways of doing this but all are old and don't work as of version:1909. Are there any updated programs that can do this? Looking to run Jdownloader on my wireless USB WiFi adapter and use Ethernet for everything else. Any help is very much appreciated...
  8. One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger: The goal is to be able to boot from either of the two operating systems from the boot manger but i don't know how to do this do i have to install OS on one then unplug that HDD then install the OS on the other HDD any help and how do i get boot Boot Manger to work right?...
  9. Network 2 Computers

Network 2 Computers: Split from this thread. Hello my name is Roland, Last time I was able to connect my 2 computer on my office table was 2 weeks ago. No hardware change, yes I added 1 new software....
  10. 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?: hopefully this is the right forum to ask advice regarding this question... scenario: display 1 - 1080p projector display 2 - 22" 1080p monitor pc - nuc outputs x 2 - hdmi and displayport i would like to set up a movie environment on 1 display (projector) and a music...