Windows 10: 2 computers same acct...please help

Discus and support 2 computers same acct...please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by woodward2000, Jul 12, 2017.

1. 2 computers same acct...please help

Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are listed under devices. I would like to have it so both devices have there own log in. If I delete the other computer listed in my acct. would this solve the problem? Also, would I be able to log into the other computer since it was deleted and how would I then create a new username and password? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

:)

woodward2000, Jul 12, 2017
  2. EdMeza Win User

How to enable an admin account

Thank you for your reply,

My admin Account was disabled by mistake on the same screen you provided.

I followed your instructions and made another mistake.

1). Disabled my "local account" and enabled the Microsoft acct.

2) Rebooted the PC and the "local acct. showed up at sign in. Tried to enter the password and the message read "This acct. is disabled, contact your system administrator". Note that the Microsoft admin acct. that was enabled did not show up at sign in.

Consequently, I am now locked out of my system since I can not sign in with the disabled acct.

How can I get back in?

Please help!

EdMeza, Jul 12, 2017
  3. How can I switch users in Windows 10?

Switch users before login to MS acct. Have 2 accts, 1 old & not used came up when I tried to log in. No pw, tried to change, but only changed email pw. How do I get to the other acct before the old sign in comed up? Anyone, please help!

ForrestNelson, Jul 12, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

2 computers same acct...please help

It may help to know the way I ended up doing it is with 2 Microsoft accounts, one is my old Hotmail.com and the other is with the newer Outlook.com. Half of my machines are on 1 and other half on the other. The passwords are the same but the account names [E-Mail address] are slightly different.

Berton, Jul 12, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Welcome to the forum. You can add another account but I wouldn't delete an account as it could give problems. The users profile and files will be in the linked to the other account and some things may not work

Samuria, Jul 12, 2017
  6. Would I just have to add another account to the computer that I am not using? If so can you please advise on how I would go about adding the account..setting it up
    Thanks again!!

woodward2000, Jul 13, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Jul 13, 2017
  8. 2 computers same acct...please help

I guess really what I am trying to accomplish is to make it so both computers in my home aren't linked together. Right now they have they have the same username and password. This all started when I went to email a link. At that time I set up my outlook email on the other computer. From that time on they have been linked together and bother computers show up under my devices in my Microsoft account. It will allow me to delete the computer that I set up (added) my outlook email account to. I am just afraid if I were to delete it that I might not be able log into that computer, set up a new username, or Cause other problems?

woodward2000, Jul 13, 2017
  9. Samuria Win User
    Thats why say dont delete it its safer just creating a new one. Do you connect to the other pc from the other pc?

Samuria, Jul 13, 2017
  10. Hi Samuria, I don't connect from one pc to the other pc. If I create a new acct won't I have to reinstall all my info. (Bookmarks...etc)?
    Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

woodward2000, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2 computers same acct...please help

1. 2 computers same acct...please help - Similar Threads - computers same acct

2. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  3. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  4. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Help managing 2 internet connection on same computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help managing 2 internet connection on same computer.: Hi! I have my wifi internet connection but I want to leave the wifi connection downloading lagre files and use my mobile data USB hotspot to use discord and play online games. Is this possible by any way?...can windows do that? I can make a bridge connection with both...
  6. Help please 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help please 2: Ok so i wanted to enter the settings by searching on the search bar and as soon as is searched setting the icon of the setting was a weird picture like not the actuall picture of the setting and i dont know how to change it back to the actuall picture i really need help...
  7. Stuck for 2 days please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck for 2 days please help.: Idk what happened but I had the black screens after boot up for a week and when I tried to uninstall these updates it just stayed stuck on this screen for past two days. Also windows roll back didn’t work it always went back to the black screen. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. Running same account on 2 computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running same account on 2 computers: I have a windows laptop which is linked to my microsoft account. The windows activation status says it is activated through my account. I am planning to buy a Surface Pro and give this laptop to my younger brother. Before that I want to remove my account from this laptop so...
  9. same windows key 2 computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    same windows key 2 computers: there is a genuine windows 10 key running on my pc. I have a frd what if I put my keys into his computer. what will happen will it gets rejected online....but if its activated which I think its possible...…..windows is going to find out online and then remove one pc?both...
  10. Help with 2 installations of Windows10 on the same Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with 2 installations of Windows10 on the same Laptop: My situation is that my Laptop has 2 Drives and I'm using it for both (Work + Personal use) so i'd like to keep 2 separate environment for each use, so I'm trying to have 2 instances/installations of Windows 10; one on each drive, Drive#1: 250GB NVMe SSD - Formatted as 1...