Windows 10: 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

Discus and support 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have 2 computers in different US states. I have Windows 10 pro digital license. I would like to use the same hard drive when visiting each location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NoName_022, Apr 4, 2022.

1. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

I have 2 computers in different US states. I have Windows 10 pro digital license. I would like to use the same hard drive when visiting each location to preserve my setting/programs etc. More or less every 3-4 months I want to pull hard drive and travel to other computer and plug it in. At no time would both computers be using the same hard drive/win 10 license. How many times can I plug the hard drive in and reactivate windows? I just completed this process for a new build. I don't mind buying a license but that doesn't appear to solve my issue of accounts/programs and other items having to

:)

NoName_022, Apr 4, 2022
  2. crownele Win User

Hard drives listed as SSD drives

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro.

Have 2 Hard drives in Raid 1 set up.

Win 10 lists these drives as SSD drives in System Properties.

How do I change the listing of these drives to HD so I can optimize them?

crownele, Apr 4, 2022
  3. glnz Win User
    Can I use Win 7Pro COA sticker to install Win 10Pro on new hard drive?

It's February 2022.

1. If my company gives me a used Dell Optiplex 7010 with a Win 7 Pro COA sticker but no hard drive, and I insert a new or used hard drive, can I install Win 10 Pro and activate it with the Win 7 Pro COA?
    2. If no to #1, can i first install Win 7 Pro, activate it with the sticker, and then upgrade it to Win 10?
    3. If yes to #2, where can I now get Win 7 Pro to install?

Other questions:
    4. If I get the Win 10 Pro installed on the new or used hard drive and am able to activate the Win 10 Pro with the Win 7 Pro COA sticker, and I later clone the hard drive to a new NVME M.2 SSD, will I have a new activation problem because the hardware has now changed?
    5. The PC is a Dell Optiplex 7010, which is an older model that normally cannot boot from a NVME M.2 SSD drive. However, I might modify its BIOS so it CAN boot from a NVME M.2 SSD drive. See this very good article: How to install and boot from an NVMe SSD on a Dell OptiPlex 7010
      Does this change any of your answers to my questions #1 - 4?
    6. Instead of starting with a normal hard drive, should I start with the NVMe M.2 SSD but connected to SATA to start, then install and activate the Win 10 Pro using the Win 7 Pro COA sticker, and then follow the instructions in the article to re-insert the NVME M.2 into a PCIe slot?
      (Did I say this would be easy?)

Thanks.

glnz, Apr 4, 2022
  4. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

1. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question. - Similar Threads - computers pro hard

2. Win 10 pro reactive on new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 pro reactive on new computer: I try to deactive win 10 pro digital license and use it on my new computer but when i go to regedit to see my product key the key display is a default generic key for win 10 which is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T here is the slmgr cmd if u guys wonder if the win locense legit...
  3. Win 10 pro reactive on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 pro reactive on new computer: I try to deactive win 10 pro digital license and use it on my new computer but when i go to regedit to see my product key the key display is a default generic key for win 10 which is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T here is the slmgr cmd if u guys wonder if the win locense legit...
  4. Win 10 pro reactive on new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems: I am looking for a solution to run a single hard drive with two operating systems, Both Operating systems will be WIN10 Pro. Reason = I have two versions of a program which i need to keep apart in the computer as they use the same directory structure. I asked a Local computer...
  6. WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems: I am looking for a solution to run a single hard drive with two operating systems, Both Operating systems will be WIN10 Pro. Reason = I have two versions of a program which i need to keep apart in the computer as they use the same directory structure. I asked a Local computer...
  7. WIN 10 Pro 1 TB single Drive into 2 WIN 10 operating systems

8. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.: I have 2 computers in different US states. I have Windows 10 pro digital license. I would like to use the same hard drive when visiting each location to preserve my setting/programs etc. More or less every 3-4 months I want to pull hard drive and travel to other computer and...
  9. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.: I have 2 computers in different US states. I have Windows 10 pro digital license. I would like to use the same hard drive when visiting each location to preserve my setting/programs etc. More or less every 3-4 months I want to pull hard drive and travel to other computer and...
  10. win 10 boot question on 2 drives

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 boot question on 2 drives: hi guys i have 2 separate drives, one is a crucial M.2 500 gig ssd drive that sits on the motherboard slot and the other is a samsung 500 gig solid state drive. i have win 10 on the M.2, and i want to put win 10 on the samsung, can this be done and boot to ones choice? can i...