Windows 10: 2-Core NVIDIA GTX295 (Driver:342.01) Suddenly Shows Only 1 Core Active

Discus and support 2-Core NVIDIA GTX295 (Driver:342.01) Suddenly Shows Only 1 Core Active in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In my rather ancient system I've been happily using both cores of my GPU for years (10+) and suddenly this week I only see 1 core registering in Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ex_Brit, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

2-Core NVIDIA GTX295 (Driver:342.01) Suddenly Shows Only 1 Core Active

In my rather ancient system I've been happily using both cores of my GPU for years (10+) and suddenly this week I only see 1 core registering in Nvidia Control Panel and Device Manager etc.
    As I never got any temperature alerts I can only assume 1 core has failed. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the driver. Am I right?

Remaining core is happily running at 60 -80C. Windows is totally up to date.

:)

Ex_Brit, Jan 22, 2021

2. core unparking

I have a I5 7600 4 core cpu everything in the system is show 4 cores but there parked, I have the software for unparking them but when I use that it only shows 2 cores and that they are unparked but in the task window in performance it show all 4 cores
    and that they are parked? so I'm not sure which is right and which is wrong since the program to unpark the cores is only showing 2 cores and not seeing the other 2 cores, but in the registry which is where it's looking all 4 cores are listed there. So my
    main question then is there a place in the registry that you can change the cores to unpark them?

LoganSniper, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing .NET Core 3 Preview 2

Read more:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Jan 22, 2021
  4. kjl1956 Win User

2 cores

Intel product page

https://ark.intel.com/products/80817/Intel-Core-i5-4460-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

states it is a 4 core cpu.

Does win10 task manager or other software like cpuid's hardware monitor show 4 or 2 cores ?

The cpu is not a hyper thread version, so do not think that is the issue.

Win10 should see all physical cores. logical cores and threads if hyper threading is enabled.

Amd fx and some of the apu versions can have this.

kjl1956, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. 2-Core NVIDIA GTX295 (Driver:342.01) Suddenly Shows Only 1 Core Active - Similar Threads - Core NVIDIA GTX295

2. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager shows only 2 cores: Hello!I saw that in Task Manager it shows me that my CPU has got only 2 cores but it's quad core. I am just curious to see why this is happening. I don't have any problems for now. My CPU is an AMD FX 4100....
  3. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager shows only 2 cores: Hello!I saw that in Task Manager it shows me that my CPU has got only 2 cores but it's quad core. I am just curious to see why this is happening. I don't have any problems for now. My CPU is an AMD FX 4100....
  4. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task manager only shows 2 cores of my processor

Task manager only shows 2 cores of my processor: I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I have recently installed an I5-9400F processor which is supposed to have 6 cores, yet I see only 2 in the performance tab in task manager. I tried with msconfig, and I also tried reinstalling chipset drivers, but I didn't...
  6. 2-GPU NVIDIA GTX295 (Driver:342.01) Suddenly Shows Only 1 GPU Active

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2-GPU NVIDIA GTX295 (Driver:342.01) Suddenly Shows Only 1 GPU Active: In my rather ancient system I've been happily using both GPU's of my GTX295 for years (10+) and suddenly this week I only see 1 core registering in Nvidia Control Panel and Device Manager etc. As I never got any temperature alerts I can only assume 1 core has failed. I've...
  7. Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU: I've had my old Windows 7 AutoCAD machine lying around for a really long time in storage, and I just thought I'd drag it out and clean it up. I erased the hard drives which still had Windows 7 and some of my old school stuff on them and installed Windows 10, only to be...
  8. My pc not showing 2 cores

My pc not showing 2 cores: A few days ago I enabled my another core just to see if there's any performance boost and yeah it was right. But my friend told me it would make the cores dead so I changed back to 1 core. I did some searched on that and found it was not true. I tried enabling cores again but...
  9. Core #1 #2 working 100%

Core #1 #2 working 100%: My CPU working core #1 and #2 100% while other core is normal. And my PC very slow and delay. Please help me! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/core-1-2-working-100/e3e2aec2-572a-4934-8aa2-9a38b6ca3df3
  10. ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor: I don't know a lot about computer hardware or software problems. I run a Dell Inspiron 20 All In One PC. Model 3045. It is a 4 core computer. In the bios and Device Mgr. only shows operating on one core. There is only one item entry. AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon TM) HD...