Windows 10: 2 Cores being used, not 4

Discus and support 2 Cores being used, not 4 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a processor with 4 cores and because Windows is buggy, it only uses 2. Expected, but what does one do to solve such troubles apart from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobFishpond, Jun 18, 2020.

1. 2 Cores being used, not 4

I have a processor with 4 cores and because Windows is buggy, it only uses 2. Expected, but what does one do to solve such troubles apart from downloading Linux?

:)

BobFishpond, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 18, 2020
  3. core unparking

I have a I5 7600 4 core cpu everything in the system is show 4 cores but there parked, I have the software for unparking them but when I use that it only shows 2 cores and that they are unparked but in the task window in performance it show all 4 cores
    and that they are parked? so I'm not sure which is right and which is wrong since the program to unpark the cores is only showing 2 cores and not seeing the other 2 cores, but in the registry which is where it's looking all 4 cores are listed there. So my
    main question then is there a place in the registry that you can change the cores to unpark them?

LoganSniper, Jun 18, 2020
  4. kjl1956 Win User

2 Cores being used, not 4

2 cores

Intel product page

https://ark.intel.com/products/80817/Intel-Core-i5-4460-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

states it is a 4 core cpu.

Does win10 task manager or other software like cpuid's hardware monitor show 4 or 2 cores ?

The cpu is not a hyper thread version, so do not think that is the issue.

Win10 should see all physical cores. logical cores and threads if hyper threading is enabled.

Amd fx and some of the apu versions can have this.

kjl1956, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

2 Cores being used, not 4

1. 2 Cores being used, not 4 - Similar Threads - Cores being used

2. Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...: Correct or not?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-this-question-2-cores-2-ghz-processor-4-ghz/eb1a1d2d-90d7-49da-87bc-5f561398c240
  3. Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...: Correct or not?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-this-question-2-cores-2-ghz-processor-4-ghz/eb1a1d2d-90d7-49da-87bc-5f561398c240
  4. Will using 4 cores for Windows brick my PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will using 4 cores for Windows brick my PC?: So, in msconfig, it says it's using only 1 core for Windows to run. So, will enabling 4 cores brick my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-using-4-cores-for-windows-brick-my-pc/d89d14cd-f6db-499b-9946-10c8036ad122
  5. My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core

My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core: Here you can see in the task manager, it shows cores: 1, but in device manager there are 4 cores. I went to System Configuration and turned on all 4 cores and played Minecraft smoothly, but recently Minecraft started lagging. So I went to the task manager and saw this and...
  6. My pc's task manager shows 2 cores insted of my 4 cores i have

My pc's task manager shows 2 cores insted of my 4 cores i have: My pc's task manager shows 2 cores insted of my 4 cores i have. I have bought a prebuild HP pc with AMD PRO A8-8650B R7 processor. I've tried the msconfig trick but it doesn't work for me....
  7. One of my 4 cores is using 100%??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One of my 4 cores is using 100%??: I dont know where to ask this question but as im playing a game and looking at its benchmarks, i noticed that one of my cores is at 100% while the rest keep jumping from around 10-50%. Does anybody know if this is normal? I dont know much about pcs,I have a gaming laptop with...
  8. interrupts being handled only on 2/8 cpu cores

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    interrupts being handled only on 2/8 cpu cores: I have all my devices set in msi/msi-x mode, so they should utilize multicore. Yet latencymon shows only 2 of my 8 cores are handling interrupts, which is strange. I even tried set DevicePolicy 5 under interrupt management/affinity policy for my gpu and it had no effect. And...
  9. Computer does not boot up after changing the active cores from 2 to 4 cores using ms.config

Computer does not boot up after changing the active cores from 2 to 4 cores using ms.config: I know what i have done and i know how to change it back yet i cannot as i cant reach the desktop menu since it crashes upon boot. Is there anyway i can change the active running cores from the Log in menu show in the image[ATTACH]? (To clarify, I changed my duel core...
  10. ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor: I don't know a lot about computer hardware or software problems. I run a Dell Inspiron 20 All In One PC. Model 3045. It is a 4 core computer. In the bios and Device Mgr. only shows operating on one core. There is only one item entry. AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon TM) HD...