Windows 10: 2-Day old BSOD while playing video games that is reproducible, unable to determine the cause

Discus and support 2-Day old BSOD while playing video games that is reproducible, unable to determine the cause in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Issue: 2 Days ago I was playing Apex Legends and my game suddenly froze, then my PC Restarted. Since then, whenever I play video games my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MohammadTuleimat, Dec 5, 2023.

1. 2-Day old BSOD while playing video games that is reproducible, unable to determine the cause

Hello, Issue: 2 Days ago I was playing Apex Legends and my game suddenly froze, then my PC Restarted. Since then, whenever I play video games my PC will crash no more than 10 minutes after playing. Can happen immediately after launching or after a few minutes of play. My PC will immediately restart with only a fraction of a second time to see a BSOD. After changing my advanced settings to stop restarting PC the codes I get are the following: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERRORSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONNo minidump files: When I type %SystemRoot%\Minidump in RUN, it responds by telling m

:)

MohammadTuleimat, Dec 5, 2023

2. 2 BSOD in the last 2 Days

In the last 2 days i have had 2 Blue Screens while playing GTA online nothing else seems to cause an issue.

I had upgraded to a new RTX 3060 from a GTX 1660 about a week ago which is the only thing that has changed in my system.

The first BSOD seemed to be caused by a conflicting video card driver the problem was nv.container so i used DDU to uninstall all traces of my old video drivers and then do a clean install of the latest drivers from Nvidia which i thought had fixed the problem because i had been playing for over an hour yesterday(Friday) and then i got the second BSOD with a different error something about paged fault in non paged area with crrss.sxe and wpprecorder being the apps at fault .

which seems a little strange as i had been playing GTA online for hours on the previous days probably more than 10 hours worth and then about 20 minutes after changing graphics settings thursday i got the first BSOD

both dump files from the 2 BSOD

OneDrive

OneDrive

PC Specs

CPU amd ryzen 2700X

GPU Asus RTX 3060 12 gb

Memory G Skill 32gb 3200mhz DDR 4

MB Asus X470 F Gaming

Thermaltake 750 watt PSU

WhiteShark68, Dec 5, 2023
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Jan Del Win User

2-Day old BSOD while playing video games that is reproducible, unable to determine the cause

Unable to play videos in Windows 10

We suggest uninstalling the display adapter driver that might have caused the video not to play. You can follow the steps provided by Deepak_Krishnan R on this
    Redirecting which was found helpful resolving the issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

2-Day old BSOD while playing video games that is reproducible, unable to determine the cause

1. 2-Day old BSOD while playing video games that is reproducible, unable to determine the cause - Similar Threads - old BSOD while

2. 2-Day old BSOD while playing video games that is reproducible, unable to determine the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2-Day old BSOD while playing video games that is reproducible, unable to determine the cause: Hello, Issue: 2 Days ago I was playing Apex Legends and my game suddenly froze, then my PC Restarted. Since then, whenever I play video games my PC will crash no more than 10 minutes after playing. Can happen immediately after launching or after a few minutes of play. My PC...
  3. Unable to determine the cause of BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to determine the cause of BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi everyone,For the past few weeks I have been getting the BSOD below intermittently, mostly when idle/ low workload. I have tried the most commonly suggested troubleshooting steps Update Drivers, Change Power Mode, etc. to no avail.DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fUnfortunately...
  4. Unable to determine the cause of BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to determine the cause of BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi everyone,For the past few weeks I have been getting the BSOD below intermittently, mostly when idle/ low workload. I have tried the most commonly suggested troubleshooting steps Update Drivers, Change Power Mode, etc. to no avail.DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fUnfortunately...
  5. BSOD While playing Video Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While playing Video Games: Hey Guys, since this morning i received multiple BSOD while playing video games. I reinstalled Windows just to be sure and only installed the software i really needed. This Error only appears while playing video games. I already did the Hard drive and Memtest with...
  6. BSOD past day while playing games

BSOD past day while playing games: Hopefully I can get some help =) 81168
  7. BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days

BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days: I got BSOD 5 times in two days on my new computer that I built recently, the message has changed to "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK ERROR" after I've updated my drivers yesterday, attached is program report thingy you guys use here, thank you for your help! 28908
  8. Random BSOD while playing video games

Random BSOD while playing video games: Hello guys, Before some weeks a friend gave me his Pc. So i format it and installed Windows 7, but it couldnt find any updates and got stuck in an endless search (already there i had 2 bluescreens). I solved this problem, through installing Win 10. The BOSD are quite...
  9. BSOD and freezing while playing video games

BSOD and freezing while playing video games: So the backstory: I played 7 Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/C9c5BGS.jpg I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics card drivers needing to be updated so the...
  10. BSOD while playing video games.

BSOD while playing video games.: So I've been having bsod problems for the past month or so and they seem to always happen when I'm playing games, mainly Ark:Survival evolved and Overwatch. It doesn't happen after a few minutes or anything but after a long gaming session like 5-8 hours it would bsod. Here is...