Windows 10: 2 desktop folders

Discus and support 2 desktop folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have a problem, I backup my desktop to OneDrive and I have a small notebook desktop folder and large notebook desktop folder on my OneDrive, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Šimon Kala, Dec 14, 2019.

1. 2 desktop folders

So I have a problem, I backup my desktop to OneDrive and I have a small notebook desktop folder and large notebook desktop folder on my OneDrive, I deleted everything and reinstalled Windows on my larger laptop and it automatically selected the smaller laptops desktop folder as the desktop folder, I managed to get it changed so the desktop folder is the large laptop desktop folder but the icon and name didnt change so I now see 2 Desktop files both with the Desktop icon on my OneDrive in File explorer. This is very annoying. Thanks for any help. Simon

:)

Šimon Kala, Dec 14, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 14, 2019
  3. steelkane Win User
    How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7

Step 1: Right click on Desktop

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel Icon

steelkane, Dec 14, 2019
  4. 2 desktop folders

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

2 desktop folders

1. 2 desktop folders - Similar Threads - desktop folders

2. Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos: For the user library folders such as Desktop, Music, Pictures, I know that the directory can be changed by going in to "properties" > "location" Like so: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/change-location-of-user-folders-in-windows/ I'm looking to change the directory of these...
  3. No folders on my desktop and cache and data of all my apps like chrome is resetting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No folders on my desktop and cache and data of all my apps like chrome is resetting.: After a windows update all the folders that was previously on my laptop are all gone. If I actually search for names of the folder then i can still see it. The other issue would be that whenever I turn my laptop on and off all my cache and data of apps are gone. This would...
  4. Public Desktop Folder Name

Public Desktop Folder Name: "Under users\Public Folder I have a folder with the name of : "Desktop" Should that Be "Public Desktop"? In the Desktop folder there is a "Desktop.ini" file which contains: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799 I looked up...
  5. Windows 10 draws additional broken taskbar and Desktop after changes in User Folder and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 draws additional broken taskbar and Desktop after changes in User Folder and...: [ATTACH] So, recently I've installed Windows 10 and a bit of some software. Then, I've made some changes, listed below. Changes in Registry: Program Files (also x86 and W6432dir) path: D:\Soft Common Files (also x86 and W6432dir) path: D:\CommonFiles Changes in User...
  6. Network Accessed Desktop Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Accessed Desktop Folders: so i am currently trying to access my desktop using my laptop and my laptop is connected wirelessly and my desktop on a gigabit RJ45 1gbps cable to my router, both are in the same router, idk why it only detects each other when they are both wired, Any Help? :( submitted by...
  7. Why can I not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop????

Why can I not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop????: why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-create-any-folder-in-win-10-on-my/5e27e0e1-48c7-4082-a9d9-7131eb383161"
  8. How do I transfer file folders from desktop to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I transfer file folders from desktop to taskbar: How do I transfer file folders from desktop to taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-file-folders-from-desktop-to/e71b5f23-d166-4bb8-90c4-c57e3987c8a1
  9. W10 1909 Blocks Dnloads to Desktop - Wants user\MeAdmin Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 1909 Blocks Dnloads to Desktop - Wants user\MeAdmin Folder: W10-64 1909 Up-to-Date --- Admin Profile Only w/ Admin Bkup never used .... ESET EIS Security Suite + Mbam Prem v4 ...... Firefox has long been set to Dnload to Desktop, but all of a sudden a Firefox Ver update and HP Sppt Asst Ver Update weren't Allowed to be dnloaded to my...
  10. why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop????

why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop????: why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-io-not-create-any-folder-in-win-10-on-my/5e27e0e1-48c7-4082-a9d9-7131eb383161"