Windows 10: 2 desktop folders

Discus and support 2 desktop folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have a problem, I backup my desktop to OneDrive and I have a small notebook desktop folder and large notebook desktop folder on my OneDrive, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Šimon Kala, Dec 14, 2019.

1. 2 desktop folders

So I have a problem, I backup my desktop to OneDrive and I have a small notebook desktop folder and large notebook desktop folder on my OneDrive, I deleted everything and reinstalled Windows on my larger laptop and it automatically selected the smaller laptops desktop folder as the desktop folder, I managed to get it changed so the desktop folder is the large laptop desktop folder but the icon and name didnt change so I now see 2 Desktop files both with the Desktop icon on my OneDrive in File explorer. This is very annoying. Thanks for any help. Simon

:)

Šimon Kala, Dec 14, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 14, 2019
  3. steelkane Win User
    How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7

Step 1: Right click on Desktop

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel Icon

steelkane, Dec 14, 2019
  4. 2 desktop folders

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

2 desktop folders

1. 2 desktop folders - Similar Threads - desktop folders

2. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...
  3. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...
  4. Folders/ Files duplicates to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders/ Files duplicates to my desktop: Hi, I recently noticed that some of my Folders and files duplicates into my desktop. For example Spotify shortcut that is located at C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs or some of my repos from Github that are locally stored and much more...
  5. Folders/ Files duplicates to my desktop

Folders/ Files duplicates to my desktop: Hi, I recently noticed that some of my Folders and files duplicates into my desktop. For example Spotify shortcut that is located at C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs or some of my repos from Github that are locally stored and much more...
  6. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...
  7. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...
  8. What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...: i had a virus the other day, so i installed windows again and on my pc was a file that looked like a long date code, and i opened it and it showed 3 or 4 cat files, and the signature was "microsoft third party component CA 2012". the 9-file opened in notepad and notepad...
  9. What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...

What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...: i had a virus the other day, so i installed windows again and on my pc was a file that looked like a long date code, and i opened it and it showed 3 or 4 cat files, and the signature was "microsoft third party component CA 2012". the 9-file opened in notepad and notepad...
  10. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...