Windows 10: 2 DEVICES ; 1 MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

Discus and support 2 DEVICES ; 1 MICROSOFT ACCOUNT in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I hope someone can help me. My Microsoft account is currently the administrator to 2 laptops. I realize that any apps/ file or changes to one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anne_M24, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Anne_M24 Win User

2 DEVICES ; 1 MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

Hi! I hope someone can help me. My Microsoft account is currently the administrator to 2 laptops. I realize that any apps/ file or changes to one laptop will be reflected in the other. I think its because of the One Drive?

Currently, I would like to delete my Microsoft account / admin account on my old laptop and assign a new admin account.

Question , Will deleting the account can affect any of my apps or files in the new laptop?

:)

Anne_M24, Jan 9, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, when we sign in to a device using the Microsoft account, the device is already added to the Microsoft account. However, as you have mentioned you are unable to add the device to the Microsoft account after removing it. We would suggest you
    to try converting the account as a local account and then converting it as a Microsoft account. This should add the device to the Microsoft account. Kindly refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. Once the account is converted as a local account, sign in to the account, go to settings and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to convert the account. Once the account is converted as a Microsoft account, the device will be listed in your Microsoft account.

Meanwhile, we would like to know the following details to assist you with the Minecraft issue:

• How are you trying to install Minecraft?
    • Which edition of Minecraft are you trying to install?

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, 2 DEVICES ; 1 MICROSOFT ACCOUNT :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. 2 DEVICES ; 1 MICROSOFT ACCOUNT - Similar Threads - DEVICES MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

2. 2 laptops 1 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 laptops 1 Microsoft account: My wife got a new laptop and log into her account. Now all her stuff from her work laptop has also gone to her new laptop including some of her boss stuff. She uses the same email on both computers. Is there a way for her personal laptop to not have the work stuff without...
  3. 2 laptops 1 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 laptops 1 Microsoft account: My wife got a new laptop and log into her account. Now all her stuff from her work laptop has also gone to her new laptop including some of her boss stuff. She uses the same email on both computers. Is there a way for her personal laptop to not have the work stuff without...
  4. 2 laptops 1 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1: I am helping a recently widowed friend with her IT amongst other things and have inadvertently ended up with 2 Microsoft accounts when we tried to renew her MS365 subscription - long story but suffice to say we live hundreds of miles apart and have to use desktop sharing to...
  6. Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1

Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1: I am helping a recently widowed friend with her IT amongst other things and have inadvertently ended up with 2 Microsoft accounts when we tried to renew her MS365 subscription - long story but suffice to say we live hundreds of miles apart and have to use desktop sharing to...
  7. Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. 2 pcs 1 microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 pcs 1 microsoft account: I have a laptop with windows 10 and bought another system with windows 11 . Both pcs are registered to the same account. The problem is that the windows 11 system doesnt activate and i cannot receive my mail .Do i need to use a different account for my new system?...
  9. 2 pcs 1 microsoft account

2 pcs 1 microsoft account: I have a laptop with windows 10 and bought another system with windows 11 . Both pcs are registered to the same account. The problem is that the windows 11 system doesnt activate and i cannot receive my mail .Do i need to use a different account for my new system?...
  10. Windows 10 - One device - Several 2 Microsoft-Accounts: 1 is Microsoft 365 Personal and 1...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - One device - Several 2 Microsoft-Accounts: 1 is Microsoft 365 Personal and 1...: Hello all, my question regarding the "best setup" or "recommended best practice" for the following situation: 1. There is one device notebook with Windows 10. 2. There are 2 Microsoft-Accounts who want to work on that device: a 1 is a Microsoft 365 Personal Account: -needs...