Windows 10: 2 devices under my account. On one, PIN gets changed. Does the other device automatically...

Discus and support 2 devices under my account. On one, PIN gets changed. Does the other device automatically... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have 2 devices logged in using my Microsoft Account. Say I change the PIN on one device - does the PIN also automatically change for the second... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Emma&, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Emma& Win User

2 devices under my account. On one, PIN gets changed. Does the other device automatically...

I have 2 devices logged in using my Microsoft Account. Say I change the PIN on one device - does the PIN also automatically change for the second device? That's it, that's the question.

:)

Emma&, Apr 6, 2022

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 6, 2022
  3. cereberus Win User
    Odd change in MS account list of devices

I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things.

1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell Hyper-V machines separately from VMWARE VMS.

2) One of my VMs is now still listed in my MS account, even though I changed it to a local account. Previously device was always removed if you changed from MSA to local account. This is a good move assuming it is a change, not a glitch as this means the digital licence link will be retained if you changed to a local account for any reason.

cereberus, Apr 6, 2022
  4. 2 devices under my account. On one, PIN gets changed. Does the other device automatically...

Change W10 Sign-in PIN from another device

Hello ToBob,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Please verify if you wish to change the PIN of another device?
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • It would best if you can send me a screenshot of the said issue.

Meanwhile, you can check this article
    to learn more about using PIN in Windows 10.

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows 10, try resetting your PIN. Follow these steps:

1. On the sign-in screen, select I forgot my PIN below the PIN text box. If there are multiple accounts on the PC, choose the one you need to reset.
    2. On the Enter your password screen, type the password for your Microsoft account, and then select
      Next.
    3. On the Help us protect your info screen, choose to receive your security code either as a text or email message. If you select text, type the last four digits of your phone number, and then select
      Send Code.
      Learn more about security info and security codes
    4. When you get the code as a text or email message on a separate device, enter it on the Enter the code you received screen, and then select
      Next.
    5. In the Set up a PIN dialog box, enter your new PIN and confirm it. Your new PIN is set.

Note: If you've just updated your computer to Windows 10, verify your network connectivity by opening
    Settings > Network and Internet. After connecting, try signing in with your PIN again.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

2 devices under my account. On one, PIN gets changed. Does the other device automatically...

1. 2 devices under my account. On one, PIN gets changed. Does the other device automatically... - Similar Threads - devices under account

2. My headphones registers under "other devices" on the devices tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones registers under "other devices" on the devices tab: hi, i just bought a new headphone the razer barracuda x to be specific. However, once i connected my headphones it was not recognized as an audio device the device was enlisted under the "other devices" part of my devices and it is unable to provide output and input since its...
  3. One Microsoft Account device does not see the other in Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One Microsoft Account device does not see the other in Network: I have two devices linked to my Microsoft Account, a Windows 10 desktop and a Windows 10 laptop. Both devices are showing in my account. When I go to File Manager > Network on the laptop, it shows itself and the desktop on the list of computers. The problem is that, when I do...
  4. One Microsoft Account device does not see the other in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Microsoft Account device does not see the other in Network: I have two devices linked to my Microsoft Account, a Windows 10 desktop and a Windows 10 laptop. Both devices are showing in my account. When I go to File Manager > Network on the laptop, it shows itself and the desktop on the list of computers. The problem is that, when I do...
  5. One Microsoft Account device does not see the other in Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. 2 devices under my account. On one, PIN gets changed. Does the other device automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 devices under my account. On one, PIN gets changed. Does the other device automatically...: I have 2 devices logged in using my Microsoft Account. Say I change the PIN on one device - does the PIN also automatically change for the second device? That's it, that's the question....
  7. 2 devices under my account. On one, PIN gets changed. Does the other device automatically...

2 devices under my account. On one, PIN gets changed. Does the other device automatically...: I have 2 devices logged in using my Microsoft Account. Say I change the PIN on one device - does the PIN also automatically change for the second device? That's it, that's the question....
  8. Device Manager - 2 Items under Other Devices without Drivers but status is "This device is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager - 2 Items under Other Devices without Drivers but status is "This device is...: Hello,I have Bluetooth paired a new phone I have to the computer and since then I have 2 devices that have appeared under the "Other Devices" category in Device Manager.The two devices are as follows:BluetoothRfcommServerInsecure - Hardware Ids...
  9. Device Manager - 2 Items under Other Devices without Drivers but status is "This device is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Manager - 2 Items under Other Devices without Drivers but status is "This device is...: Hello,I have Bluetooth paired a new phone I have to the computer and since then I have 2 devices that have appeared under the "Other Devices" category in Device Manager.The two devices are as follows:BluetoothRfcommServerInsecure - Hardware Ids...
  10. Device Manager - 2 Items under Other Devices without Drivers but status is "This device is...