Windows 10: 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?

Discus and support 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hopefully this is the right forum to ask advice regarding this question... scenario: display 1 - 1080p projector display 2 - 22" 1080p monitor pc -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, Feb 12, 2019.

1. aeneas1 Win User

2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?

hopefully this is the right forum to ask advice regarding this question...

scenario:

display 1 - 1080p projector
    display 2 - 22" 1080p monitor
    pc - nuc
    outputs x 2 - hdmi and displayport

i would like to set up a movie environment on 1 display (projector) and a music environment on the smaller screen - by environment i mean different wallpaper and icons for each display, and the ability to launch a movie app (netflix for example) on the large display and a music app (spotify for example) on the small display, simultaneously, without one environment interfering with the other...

to make matters a bit more complicated, i would like to be able to manage the movie environment on the small display so that when i turn on the projector netflix (or plex, etc.) is already launched and ready to go, as opposed to selecting a movie app once the projector is on.

hopefully this makes sense.

so can i accomplish this with virtual desktops?

i'm thinking the simplest route would be to extend the the dual displays and place the movie icons on one display and music icons on the other, and pre launch the apps once so they remember where to open in the future, i.e. which side of the dual displays.

but i couldn't figure out how to use separate wallpapers when extending the monitors nor would i be able to pre-launch the movie (for example) app before turning on the projector.

note: the small screen (music environment) will always by on and, hopefully, act as the movie and music hub.

:)

aeneas1, Feb 12, 2019
  2. BaranwalS Win User

How to display different virtual desktops on different monitors

I like the new virtual desktop feature in windows 10. Finally !! they decided to implement that.

I however would like to be able to setup different desktops on different monitors. Here is a simple scenario.

I setup two virtual desktops lets call them desktop 1 and desktop 2. Now I have two monitors on my machine, monitor 1 and monitor 2.

This is what I would like to have.

Display Desktop 1 on Monitor 1 and Desktop 2 on Monitor 2.

I distribute my windows across the two desktops and here is where the problem starts. When I activate Desktop 1, i see all the windows there on Monitor 1 but Monitor 2 goes blank (just the wallpaper shows). When I activate Desktop 2, I see the windows there
    on monitor 2 but now monitor 1 goes blank (just the wallpaper shows).

I would like to able to activate both dektops at the same time on different monitors. Anybody else out there that was able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

BaranwalS, Feb 12, 2019
  3. How to display different virtual desktops on different monitors

Hi Baran,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is not possible to display 2 different Desktop screens in 2 monitors. I suggest you to refer to the following article to know more about this feature.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...in-windows-10-the-power-of-windowsmultiplied/

Since you are unable to activate both the monitors at the same time, I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

RavindraKamath1709, Feb 12, 2019
  4. 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?

Different taskbar for different virtual desktops.

I have a issue with virtual desktops in Windows 10. When I use virtual desktops, there is a single taskbar that is shared between all of them, for eg : say I have Task Manager open on "virtual desktop 1" and Windows explorer on "virtual desktop 2" and I
    am currently on "virtual desktop 1", then in taskbar I see both Explorer and Manager open whereas on "virtual desktop 1" I can only use Task Manager.

The problem with this is that when I have multiple programs and many different Chrome windows open on different virtual desktops, the taskbar gets cluttered and almost defeats the purpose of multiple desktops.

So what I want is different "local" taskbar for each virtual desktop - like if I have Task Manager on virtual desktop 1, then I should only be able to see that in my taskbar when I am using that desktop. Is this possible ?

Sorry for my bad English 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops? :)).

Please Help Me :)), Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?

1. 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops? - Similar Threads - Different Desktops Different

2. I want Desktop 2 on different monitor. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want Desktop 2 on different monitor. Is it possible?: Hi All,I just want to use my desktop 2 on my second monitor. Please check my screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-desktop-2-on-different-monitor-is-it/81e16822-7a03-4f06-a4de-e401104ed1e3
  3. I want Desktop 2 on different monitor. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want Desktop 2 on different monitor. Is it possible?: Hi All,I just want to use my desktop 2 on my second monitor. Please check my screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-desktop-2-on-different-monitor-is-it/81e16822-7a03-4f06-a4de-e401104ed1e3
  4. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  5. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  6. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  7. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  8. Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors: Bug 10 is bug 10 Tell me why there are 3 icons on the left monitor? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-desktop-icons-in-2-different-monitors/f5de5a46-2938-4744-b3fd-6d1e6c3f0b38"
  9. 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors: I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-virtual-desktops-on-2-monitors/05bb7182-d9b3-47c1-a2d7-8898497febb2
  10. Use different wifi connections in different virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use different wifi connections in different virtual desktops: I have my personal laptop at work, which I use for both work purposes and also for personal purposes. My work provides wifi access, which I need to use to access IP authenticated services they provide, but as I also use my laptop for personal stuff, I have a personal wifi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to display different virtual desktops on different monitors on windows 10

2. How to display different virtual desktops on different monitors

3. how to display different virtual desktops on a windows pc across multiple displays