Windows 10: 2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet.

Discus and support 2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My older generic USB wireless adapter stopped being able to connect to the internet on my Dell Desktop/ Win10. I have used it on this computer for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TEXASCITIZEN1, Jul 11, 2020.

1. 2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet.

My older generic USB wireless adapter stopped being able to connect to the internet on my Dell Desktop/ Win10. I have used it on this computer for years. It was working great but then suddenly stopped connecting. It works on other computers just by plugging it in & opening it up, no cd needed. I tried a new Netgear wireless USB adapter. It also will not connect to the internet. My in-computer Dell Wireless Will connect to the computer.

I have tried the normal internet fixes; including deleting the device, updating the drivers both from what is already on the computer & then from an internet search, etc. I am using this device at a hotel so I do not have access to the router. Anyway the older adapter has been working on the hotel system for at least a year. For the netgear adapter, the drivers are initially installed from a cd & I tried it as both a stand alone installation & also as whatever they call their other option.

The computer is hidden under a desk so the Dell in-computer wireless is acceptable but not great. When bought new the computer had an external antenna to extend range but that has been long lost. I would like to use my USB wireless adapter because it gives a stronger signal. MS forced the new Edge Chromium Browser on me recently but I think that my Wireless adapter occurred several days before that. I have attempted to restore from a saved version of the computer but both attempts failed; the 2nd attempt was after I turned the ant-virus off.

**Any suggestion for how I might restore the ability of the USB adapter to connect to the internet wirelessly? Ethernet is not an option.

:)

TEXASCITIZEN1, Jul 11, 2020

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet. [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Wireless adapter?

What about transfer speeds for internet. If you have a real fast internet connection, will the USB adapter bottleneck your speed, or is is internet even fast enough to max out USB transfer speeds?
    Which is faster, basically, USB wireless or PCI wireless? Is internet

surfsk8snow.jah, Jul 11, 2020
  4. 2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet.

Wired LAN connection and USB wireless connection?

Would connecting my desktop using the usual 10/100 LAN cable and a USB wireless N adapter yield better internet speeds?

squelchy451, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet.

1. 2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet. - Similar Threads - different USB wireless

2. Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface: My PC has two wireless interface cards, one installed into the motherboard antenna poking out of the unit, the other one plugged in with a USB cable. Now in my connections tab I have WiFi and WiFi2 where I can separately select a network to connect. Since both interfaces are...
  3. Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface: My PC has two wireless interface cards, one installed into the motherboard antenna poking out of the unit, the other one plugged in with a USB cable. Now in my connections tab I have WiFi and WiFi2 where I can separately select a network to connect. Since both interfaces are...
  4. Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DHCP client issue? wireless USB adapter perfectly connected to the internet but the network...

DHCP client issue? wireless USB adapter perfectly connected to the internet but the network...: okay so I have rolled back to my system before it was worse than it is and now my wireless usb adapter is perfectly connected to my home network but I still dont get anything and the wifi icon is missing The network status tab in the settings is missing any wifi option...
  6. wireless USB adapter perfectly connected to the internet but the network is broken

wireless USB adapter perfectly connected to the internet but the network is broken: okay so I have rolled back to my system before it was worse than it is and now my wireless usb adapter is perfectly connected to my home network but I still dont get anything and the wifi icon is missing The network status tab in the settings is missing any wifi option...
  7. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi: Hello I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi. I am using Windows 10 The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps I have also one USB mini wifi adapter...
  8. Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter)

Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter): I am using a inamax ac1200 wireless adapter and I am on university wifi. I had this same problem last term however I found out that it was because of windows powering down the usb port and after disabling that it was fine. When I started using my computer again this term...
  9. Wireless Internet Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Internet Adapter: So my PC was lagging as usual and I was in my task manager ending some unnecessary things and I must’ve ended a Network Service or something and now It’s saying it has driver problems but I deleted and re-installed all my drivers and now I can’t connect to the internet....
  10. usb wifi adapter connected, no internet

usb wifi adapter connected, no internet: It reports connected, no internet. This happened to a tp-link usb and a netgear, both new. Confusing. Turns out, its a Windows 10 update. I tried both usb wifi adapters, editing the registry removing leftover entries between installs. Still happened on both. Restored...