Windows 10: 2 different user names

Discus and support 2 different user names in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have 2 different user names under Windows C: >Users. it will allow me to rename one but not the other. I am not sure why I have 2. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnfr42, Mar 18, 2020.

1. johnfr42 Win User

2 different user names

Hello

I have 2 different user names under Windows C: >Users. it will allow me to rename one but not the other.

I am not sure why I have 2. Please help.

:)

johnfr42, Mar 18, 2020

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 18, 2020
  4. 2 different user names

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

2 different user names

1. 2 different user names - Similar Threads - different user names

2. Users file Name is different from settings account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users file Name is different from settings account name: This was partially solved when I asked this question earlier The below link is for context, I can send a SS if...
  3. Users file Name is different from settings account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users file Name is different from settings account name: This was partially solved when I asked this question earlier The below link is for context, I can send a SS if...
  4. Users file Name is different from settings account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users file Name is different from settings account name: When I open my files app and go to users it shows 3 users one of which are public. I intentionally created the two users not including the public one I know why the Public one exists but in both the usernames are different from what is mentioned in the settings. The names in...
  5. Users file Name is different from settings account name

Users file Name is different from settings account name: When I open my files app and go to users it shows 3 users one of which are public. I intentionally created the two users not including the public one I know why the Public one exists but in both the usernames are different from what is mentioned in the settings. The names in...
  6. File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names: Hi there,So recently I was using Visual Studio Code, and when I ran my code, I saw this. I didn't like how my user was "14086" which is the first numbers of my phone number. I did register using my phone number but, when I tried editing the values using the registry editor...
  7. File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names

File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names: Hi there,So recently I was using Visual Studio Code, and when I ran my code, I saw this. I didn't like how my user was "14086" which is the first numbers of my phone number. I did register using my phone number but, when I tried editing the values using the registry editor...
  8. Getting different User Profile name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting different User Profile name: Today, I was cleaning the temp folder when i noticed that my user profile name is different. It should be "Surya Sengupta" however when i enter temp folder using run, i am getting "SURYAS~1". I am very much confused regarding this matter....
  9. 2 user names on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 user names on windows 10: Hello When i go to Windows C: > Users, I have 2 different user names. How do I combine them and get rid of one? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-user-names-on-windows-10/f7ceaec0-22e7-432c-bfc4-eba6d226669e
  10. Different installs - different user names

in Windows 10 Support
    Different installs - different user names: Over time I had a few retail licenses for Windows 7(seven) Pro and one Windows 10 x64 retail. In the Windows Explorer->Help->About, they show different users under licensed to. One old (blabla at hotmail) and one new (blabla at outlook.com) They are both correct. I don't...