Windows 10: 2 different websites for downloading windows 10! Media Tool OR ISO.

Discus and support 2 different websites for downloading windows 10! Media Tool OR ISO. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We all know by now the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 Some people claim to be able to download the iso files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tumas04, Jul 29, 2015.

1. tumas04 Win User

2 different websites for downloading windows 10! Media Tool OR ISO.

We all know by now the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    Some people claim to be able to download the iso files directly while others will only see the option to download the media creation tool. Here is why:

• If you are running a none-windows machine (e.g. OSX or Linux or Android/iOS) then you are good to go and can directly download the iso files (which are 2in1 files, meaning you can install Pro and Home from one single iso which has a size of ~4GB)
    • If you are running a windows machine right now then opening https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...d/windows10ISO will only show you the option to download the media creation tool. Which is smart (from microsoft) but not necessarily what everybody wants. So in order to get the same option as the first group to download the iso file directly you need to install an extension for your webbrowser (firefox/chrome).
    Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefo...ent-overrider/Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jiklpkjnoahfmgAfter installing just select a none-windows version of your browser (e.g. Linux/Mac) and refresh/open the website. You now should see a difference.
    Further notice: After downloading the ISO you can mount it by double clicking (on windows 8) and then run the setup.exe file in order to start the upgrade process. Windows 7 needs an external program in order to mount iso files.
    Happy Downloading!

:)

tumas04, Jul 29, 2015

2. Clean Install using Media Creation Tool to SSD Stays at 0%

Hi Chakster,

This could be an issue from the Windows 10 bootable ISO you had downloaded.

To resolve your issue, download the Media Creation Tool from our website. Make sure that the download will not be interrupted during the process.
    Choose the version you want to install on your computer. Go to Windows 10 download website, and follow the instruction under the
    Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC section. Make sure that there’s enough space for the ISO on your chosen installation media.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have other concerns.

Aldwin Ale, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Unable to download Windows 10 Iso

HI,

I downloaded media creation tool (17.2MB) for windows 10.

But this tool is creating issue.

Issue 1: The media creation tool disappears & all the downloaded files vanishes when reaches 60%~80% (Approx after 3.2GB) download completion.

I thought this issue was Network issue, so i tried with both 3G network & Broadband network from 2 different laptops (Windows 7 SP1 & Windows 8.1).

Whatever network you use, the download disappears between 60%~80% (approx after 3.2GB download).

If i try to open media creation tool again, the error " Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and try running Windows 10 Setup again" is displayed.

I can re-open media creation tool only after i delete "$Windows.~WS" folder in C: drive which contains .tmp files of Windows 10.

I tried to download ISO about 3~5 times in different laptops having OS Windows 7 SP1 & Windows 8.1 with different networks.

Kindly resolve this issue & please provide alternate solution to download & retain ISO file.

Issue simulation method:

1. Open media creation tool.

2. Select language English (United States)

3. Windows 10

4. Select Architeture as 32bit or Both (anyone, i didn't check 64bit as my laptop is 32bit OS)

5. Start download (at 60%~80%, the media tool disappears)

Waiting for your reply.

mrvijayshankar, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

I just tried this and these are the only versions I see:

2 different websites for downloading windows 10! Media Tool OR ISO. [​IMG]

Pro is not available.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. tumas04 Win User
    Thats because those iso files are "2in1" meaning if you would download the "Windows 10" file it will allow you to install either Pro or Home. E.g. during a clean install after the EULA-agreement you can choose between Pro and Home.

tumas04, Jul 30, 2015
  6. This explains why I keep seeing a different page on my PC and my tablet. I'm not going mad after all!

nigelmercier, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 different websites for downloading windows 10! Media Tool OR ISO. - Similar Threads - different websites downloading

2. Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool: I had windows 8 back in the day... there was a period when microsoft offered windows 10 pro upgrade free , which i took...The thing is , my copy of windows 10 had a boot file problem so I thought i'd download the media creation tool on my old xp machine , i dusted of the xp...
  3. Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool: I had windows 8 back in the day... there was a period when microsoft offered windows 10 pro upgrade free , which i took...The thing is , my copy of windows 10 had a boot file problem so I thought i'd download the media creation tool on my old xp machine , i dusted of the xp...
  4. Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Where to download windows 10 iso nit media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to download windows 10 iso nit media creation tool: I had windows 8 back in the day... there was a period when microsoft offered windows 10 pro upgrade free , which i took...The thing is , my copy of windows 10 had a boot file problem so I thought i'd download the media creation tool on my old xp machine , i dusted of the xp...
  6. Where to download windows 10 iso nit media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to download windows 10 iso nit media creation tool: I had windows 8 back in the day... there was a period when microsoft offered windows 10 pro upgrade free , which i took...The thing is , my copy of windows 10 had a boot file problem so I thought i'd download the media creation tool on my old xp machine , i dusted of the xp...
  7. Where to download windows 10 iso nit media creation tool

8. How to download Windows 10 ISO with or without Media Creation Tool

How to download Windows 10 ISO with or without Media Creation Tool: Step by step instruction on how to download Windows 10 ISO 1. Solution 1 - Official - Using Media Creation Tool 1.1. Step 1: Download Media Creation Tool 1.2. Step 2: Run the tool 2. Solution 2 - If you are using Mac, Linux, or cannot download using solution 1...
  9. Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO

Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO: Hello, I'm trying to download the Windows 10 ISO for school however whenever I try the download stays stuck at 0%. I have tried a few fixes and not have worked. The link to the fixes I have tried is posted here. Some of the things he says to do seem to be inaccurate with...
  10. Downloading iso Windows 10 without media creation tool

Downloading iso Windows 10 without media creation tool: Hello! I first want to say that I'm on a very slow internet connections and I want to download windows 10 iso. For that I generated a download link from the windows 10 iso download for os not supporting media creation tool. There it says it'll expire within 24 hours but I...