Windows 10: 2 displays start up problem

Discus and support 2 displays start up problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 Pro on a new POS terminal with 2 displays. D1 is for the cashier, D2 is for the customer. The images are different. When the POS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mr Jim 417, Aug 19, 2019.

1. 2 displays start up problem

I am running Win 10 Pro on a new POS terminal with 2 displays. D1 is for the cashier, D2 is for the customer. The images are different. When the POS app starts it should grab both displays. However it is launching the D2 process, but displaying it as a hidden window on D1. I can ALT-TAB to it and then WIN-SHIFT-RIGHT ARROW to move it to D2. Each time I start the POS app I must bump the display over to D2. It is not endemic to the POS software as we have only 2 examples of this from our 1500 terminal install base. Any ideas on sorting this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

Mr Jim 417, Aug 19, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 19, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 19, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

2 displays start up problem

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

2 displays start up problem

1. 2 displays start up problem - Similar Threads - displays start problem

2. Start up problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up problems: Sometimes when I Start my pc up. I have to login into everything again for example discord and configurate everything inside those applications. For example I have to connect all my gamingplatforms in razer cortex again....
  3. Start up problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up problems: Sometimes when I Start my pc up. I have to login into everything again for example discord and configurate everything inside those applications. For example I have to connect all my gamingplatforms in razer cortex again....
  4. Start up Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up Problems: I am stuck on the startup problems And I was wondering if I use a usb flash drive to reboot Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-problems/015a8634-7a33-4456-94c0-31f69a1fe551
  5. Start up problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up problem: Hi,Recently I build a new pc it is about 4-5 months old. I have encountered an issue when booting. I was just surfing internet with my photoshop opened and my antivirus was updating i got a blue screen telling your pc ran into a problem and then this happens. The issue is in...
  6. start up problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up problems: I have white boxes with red tops popping up during start up. They last a while and I can't do anything until they stop. What are they and how do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-problems/03de9fbe-c964-4760-b7d8-b60768f2b69f
  7. start up problem

start up problem: when I start my pc, I get a blue graphics box gets big or small however I move my cursor. when I click this away, I get a white task box. when I click this away, and try to use my computer open a browser, example, pc wont respond until I control+alt+delete sign out. then...
  8. Display Name On start up

Display Name On start up: I have been on this Microsoft web site for an hour just trying to remove my name and email address from start up nothing in the answers will do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name-on-start-up/594d64d5-00e3-4b13-b051-242db4fc5018
  9. start up problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    start up problem: hello windows i have a problem that after starting the windows every time a pop up notification is coming written as WINDOWS DEFENDER ANTIVIRUS FOUND THREADS... So i scanned my device and there was no viruses.. i also runned advanced scan but nothing found . I need...
  10. Problems with Start Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Start Up: I stopped using the desktop in Win8.1 (apart from those apps that still open it to start) With Win10 , the desktop appears automatically on start up and also if you close an app. This always needs an extra keystroke to get back to the start screen. Is there any way of...