Windows 10: 2 drives inside a computer

Discus and support 2 drives inside a computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; there's a 2nd drive, a ssd, on computer, and i've no idea how to use it 1. is C drive the main hdd drive? i guess so 2. is there a different letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by helpfixcomputer, Nov 30, 2020.

1. 2 drives inside a computer

there's a 2nd drive, a ssd, on computer, and i've no idea how to use it

1. is C drive the main hdd drive? i guess so
    2. is there a different letter for the 2nd drive? if so how to make it show? is the ssd in the C drive?
    3. like how do you install stuff specifically in the sdd? is it not possible? how do you check? are there steps to do this?

this whole double drive thing is super confusing, and is very hard to search for just cos of the terms used, and there doesnt seem to be any good sites on the web when it comes to the double drive topic, and drive topic in general

:)

helpfixcomputer, Nov 30, 2020
  2. little cat, Nov 30, 2020
  3. insider hub app

Hi Shreesh,

I suggest you to Perform the below steps and install the Insider Hub.

• Go to Settings, then System and then
      Apps & Features
    • Click on Manage Optional Features.
    • Click on Add a Feature.
    • Navigate the list, locate Insider Hub, and click
      install.
    Do let us know the update. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Nov 30, 2020
  4. 2 drives inside a computer

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

2 drives inside a computer

1. 2 drives inside a computer - Similar Threads - drives inside computer

2. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  3. Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with 2 monitors and 2 computers.: Is it possible for me to use my 2 monitors 1 main, the other extended display from my personal pc, then switch for the 2 monitors to do exactly the same for my work laptop. I have just installed a KVM but the way it tells me to set up, I'm getting only one monitor to show my...
  4. Hard drive inside computer ; computer cant find it. Alienware 15 r3

Hard drive inside computer ; computer cant find it. Alienware 15 r3: i was playing with some magnets while texting some friends and i left the magnet over the hard drive a bit too long and i pulled it off any everything got slow and slow and slow until *poof* blue screen. "bad system cog info" after that it goes "checking media presence" and...
  5. Really need help... Computer has 2 drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Really need help... Computer has 2 drives: I really need help here. So far nobody has been able to help me with this issue. But I have 2 drives in my HP Desktop PC. I am wanting the Windows files and partitions to save to the SSD and the important files, photos, documents, downloads, etc. to save to my HDD. I don't...
  6. activation of a new insider computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation of a new insider computer: I have three computers as windows 10 insider the two are activated with a digital license how can I activate rhe third one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-a-new-insider-computer/39a5e0fa-e0a8-4576-94a7-087c4b7d902a"
  7. Insider on a spare computer

in Windows 10 News
    Insider on a spare computer: I read most of the stuff posted here on News as I'm interested in what's going on Win 10 wise. However I have to be able to rely on both my laptop and 'main' PC and can't afford for either to be disrupted either by Insider builds or by possibly problematic feature updates...
  8. buying a computer with 2 hard drives

buying a computer with 2 hard drives: I am thinking about buying a new computer that has both a solid state and hard disk (not sure if it is a hybrid or separate drives). Most that I have seen have a 120G SSD and a 1 or 2TB HDD. I am sure I want Windows 10 as my OS. Here is my question: will the HDD be...
  9. 2 Drives

2 Drives: I just noticed in File Explorer I have two opticle drives listed. When I click on drive G I get "Please Insert Disk Into Drive". Drive M is my opticle drive with a audio cd inserted. Anyone know why my drive is listed twice. [img] 4983
  10. Move Boot drive between 2 identical computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Move Boot drive between 2 identical computers.: In the near future I may have to spend many months in a row at 2 different locations (let's say about 8 months in Asia and 4 months in Europe) for many years to come. As I don't want a notebook, I was considering building 2 identical computers at the 2 locations and just...