Windows 10: 2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration

Discus and support 2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I just got a new motherboard with two ethernet ports. I'm trying to setup link aggregation with my router (qnap) that also supports it. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jbow234, Sep 16, 2020.

1. 2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration

2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration tun1IgqWfYm6KmPgawea9zbXgEoxu7VwcfL2NPoEqSc.jpg

I just got a new motherboard with two ethernet ports. I'm trying to setup link aggregation with my router (qnap) that also supports it.

My question is: do I need to setup link aggregation in the router AND also configure windows 10 team? Is configuration needed on both windows 10 and the router or only on one or the other? That's where I'm confused.

Setting up the aggregation on the router was simple enough however when I did this, my windows 10 ports would all of a sudden show

Ethernet 1: connected

Ethernet 2: no internet

Without the router configured aggregation the ports would show

Ethernet 1: connected

Ethernet 2: connected

I just now setup Windows 10 TEAM to combine the two ethernet ports and also configured the router to aggregate the same ports. All seems to work and I see a third ethernet adapter created by Windows for the TEAM which is the one receiving traffic.

This is what I installed to get the TEAM feature working in windows 10: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...k-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=36773

ps: also what type of aggregation should I use? I'm now configured as Static Link Aggregation, I'm looking for speed and bandwidth, both ports will always be up its a home setup.

https://preview.redd.it/sx7atppacgn...bp&s=02a390b94481db5442fa7a48f21922b721a5e003

https://preview.redd.it/e6w1mopacgn...bp&s=91b8babdedc2a5640fd0a01257494e545e0cb246

https://preview.redd.it/cznygtpacgn...bp&s=6834ac164c39a9e57d93f819f71dcb20186cca7f

submitted by /u/jbow234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jbow234, Sep 16, 2020

2. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Sep 16, 2020
  3. ugn10 Win User
    How to configure Port Forwarding?

HI,

My router gets different IP addresses. Dynamic DNS is enabled.

I have to configure port forwarding in my router. While configuring port forwarding, I need to fill following details:

• Internal IP
    • Internal Port
    • Remote IP
    • External Port
    • Protocol (TCP/UDP)

Please guide me to configure Port Forwarding in my router.

Regards
    UGN

ugn10, Sep 16, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration

1. 2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration - Similar Threads - Ethernet Ports Link

2. Ethernet Link Broken after Port Fowarding with MoCA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Link Broken after Port Fowarding with MoCA: Hi all,Not sure if this has affected anyone else, I've seen similar posts created but not exact. I've been having some trouble hosting a gaming server from my PC with its port forwarded through my home gateway. My setup is as follows: I have two MoCA adapters, one which goes...
  3. Ethernet Link Broken after Port Fowarding with MoCA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Link Broken after Port Fowarding with MoCA: Hi all,Not sure if this has affected anyone else, I've seen similar posts created but not exact. I've been having some trouble hosting a gaming server from my PC with its port forwarded through my home gateway. My setup is as follows: I have two MoCA adapters, one which goes...
  4. Modem/Router Features. How to configure Port Triggering ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modem/Router Features. How to configure Port Triggering ?: Hello everyone,,. I have a brand new laptop with windows 11. So I'm really trying to get this right and seeking knowledge and education,,I know is the key. I've had more than my fare share of security breaches within the cyber theater. For me it has been,, at times a haunting...
  5. Modem/Router Features. How to configure Port Triggering ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modem/Router Features. How to configure Port Triggering ?: Hello everyone,,. I have a brand new laptop with windows 11. So I'm really trying to get this right and seeking knowledge and education,,I know is the key. I've had more than my fare share of security breaches within the cyber theater. For me it has been,, at times a haunting...
  6. Router Ethernet Port problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  7. Router based Link Aggregation - Windows 10 behavior question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Router based Link Aggregation - Windows 10 behavior question: [ATTACH] I have a router that supports link aggregation and a motherboard with 2 ethernet ports. I've configured the link aggregation on the router but seeing a strange behavior on the windows 10 side. Before the link aggregation configuration on the router, both ports...
  8. Configuring a new router

Configuring a new router: I am currently using a Linksys E2500 router behind my cable modem and everything is working. I'm going to get a new router (Asus wifi 6 capable router) that I will use to eventually replace the Linksys E2500. My question is as follows; Can I connect the new Asus router to...
  9. I need to port forward for tp-link router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to port forward for tp-link router: I have no clue how to do this and all of the results google yields are old it seems. I need to portforward specifically for xbox games pass on Windows. Apparently I need the 3074 ports? And I'm hitting dead ends. I'm at the screen to add a new virtual server (or port I...
  10. How to block Specific Ports? D-Link 3780 Router.

How to block Specific Ports? D-Link 3780 Router.: Does anyone know how to block specific Ports on a D-Link 3780 Router? I can't find instructions on how to block individual, specific ports, both inbound and outbound. Software Firewall on the computer isn't effective - blocking needs to be done from the Router's onboard...