Windows 10: 2 folders with same name

Discus and support 2 folders with same name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have my photos in 2 folders on my OneDrive. They both appear in Explorer with the same name ‘Pictures’. When I look at Properties, I see that one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PhilipHunt, Nov 11, 2021.

1. 2 folders with same name

I have my photos in 2 folders on my OneDrive. They both appear in Explorer with the same name ‘Pictures’. When I look at Properties, I see that one of them is located at Onedrive/MyPictures which is its original name. I think I did some tweak a while back to make MyPictures appear as Pictures but now I can’t figure out how to switch it back. I want the default Pictures folder to remain and the other one revert to MyPictures to avoid confusion. I am using Windows 11

:)

PhilipHunt, Nov 11, 2021

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 11, 2021
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 11, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

2 folders with same name

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

2 folders with same name

1. 2 folders with same name - Similar Threads - folders same name

2. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  3. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  4. 2 files in the same folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 files in the same folders with the same name: How can this happen!? Files downloaded from bank statements using Firefox. This worries me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-files-in-the-same-folders-with-the-same-name/514f1b90-be4c-43b0-a293-79c42d40da27
  5. 2 files in the same folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 files in the same folders with the same name: How can this happen!? Files downloaded from bank statements using Firefox. This worries me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-files-in-the-same-folders-with-the-same-name/514f1b90-be4c-43b0-a293-79c42d40da27
  6. 2 files in the same folders with the same name

7. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  8. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  9. Folders with the same name

10. 2 folders with same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 folders with same name: I have my photos in 2 folders on my OneDrive. They both appear in Explorer with the same name ‘Pictures’. When I look at Properties, I see that one of them is located at Onedrive/MyPictures which is its original name. I think I did some tweak a while back to make MyPictures...