Windows 10: 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

Discus and support 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Enrique Lizárraga, Apr 1, 2022.

1. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the sound only outputs from the extender but I only want the sound to go out from the TV HDMI. I tried several things, re install Video drivers, first connected extender, then TV HDMI, the other way around as well, connected both with laptop turned off, etc. I only managed to have the two connected with the audio output comin

:)

Enrique Lizárraga, Apr 1, 2022
  2. pinedsman Win User

HDMI does not output audio after upgrading

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the audio output from my HDMI port stopped playing on my audio receiver.

The weird thing is that I get audio output when I turn the TV on, but only then. It doesn't play when the TV is off. Anyone else get something similar?

The HDMI port is on my graphics card: GeForce GTX 570

My audio receiver is a Yamaha RX-V367-1

pinedsman, Apr 1, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 1, 2022
  4. footthe Win User

2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

2 HDMI ports only 1 works

Probably could have saved us both trouble if I did more research first.

I think I just need Display Port to Hdmi instead of HDMI TO HDMI like I have, theres 1 hdmi output but like 3 other display ports

footthe, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

1. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio - Similar Threads - HDMI ports output

2. I have 2 HDMI ports, but 1 of them isn't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 2 HDMI ports, but 1 of them isn't working.: Hi! I recently bought a second monitor, so I could have a better setup. I followed the guide it came with, plugged it in and connected it to my second HDMI port. However, when I turned the monitor on, it said 'No signal'. I attempted to swap the cables between the two HDMI...
  3. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  4. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  5. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  7. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  8. HDMI Output Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b
  9. 2 HDMI ports only 1 works

2 HDMI ports only 1 works: Intel i7-9700F @ 3GHz 16 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti I have one Monitor hooked up works fine and I'm attempting to hook up a 2nd monitor to the 2nd HDMI display port on the PC yet NOTHING happens. Both HDMI cables and Both Monitors work when using the initial...
  10. 2 hdmi ports

2 hdmi ports: Hello , I recently took apart my computer cabels and moved it - now while setting up i see 2 hdmi do i plug straight into the graphic card or into the circuit board. i want the best and dont want to do anything stupid please help me out. Thank you...