Windows 10: 2 hdmi ports

Discus and support 2 hdmi ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello , I recently took apart my computer cabels and moved it - now while setting up i see 2 hdmi do i plug straight into the graphic card or into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PogeF, Aug 13, 2019.

1. PogeF Win User

2 hdmi ports

Hello , I recently took apart my computer cabels and moved it - now while setting up i see 2 hdmi do i plug straight into the graphic card or into the circuit board. i want the best and dont want to do anything stupid please help me out. Thank you

:)

PogeF, Aug 13, 2019

2. HDMI port

Yeah, Barbara, that would be it if it's the only HDMI port.

Have you installed the camera software? Be sure to read the instructions closely and follow each step. It may or may not have you plug into the port later. So read all the steps through first.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    HDMI port not installed. Recent updates may be the problem.

Hi GeraldParkhurst,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using on both the computers? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    3. Do you see any error messages in device manager after connecting the HDMI cable?

This might have occurred due to some hardware conflicts or driver incompatibility issues. This happens if monitor isn’t getting any input from the currently selected source. To resolve this issue, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps mentioned below.

Method 1: Update drivers.

1. Make sure that the cable are connected with correct ends, output port of the laptop and the input port of the TV/External
    monitor are connected to the right port.

2. While the cable is connected
    open device manager. The problem may occur by the faulty chipset drivers and graphics drivers. Try to update the drivers and check for the issue.

• Press windows and R key together at the keyboard and type:
        devmgmt.msc
      • If you see any display drivers with yellow exclamation sign,
        Update the drivers.
      • Reboot the computer once and check.

Method 2: Change display settings.

1. Press Windows and P key on your keyboard together. You will see a Project option on the right side of the screen.
    2. Select Duplicate or Extend (depends on your requirement) and check.
    3. If it didn’t work, try to
      Change screen resolution and try step 1 and 2
      again.

Method 3: Disconnect and reconnect.

1. Unplug all the TV/monitor cables from the HDMI port.
    2. Unplug the power cable of external monitor or TV for some time.
    3. Plug the power cable back to the computer.
    4. Plug in all the HDMI cables to the computer /TV.
    5. Turn on the device and try Method 2.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 13, 2019
  4. 2 hdmi ports

windows 10 wont recognize hdmi port

Hi Fred,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the HDMI driver is outdated. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting method below provided and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    And also I suggest you to update HDMI driver from the below provided steps.

Method 2.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “ports”.

• Right click on the HDMI device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

2 hdmi ports

1. 2 hdmi ports - Similar Threads - hdmi ports

2. HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update: Hello All, I have been having this issue for at least 4 Windows 10 updates. The problem shows up after a Windows Update is performed: my HDMI port stops working, meaning no signal detected on my monitor. I was able to resolve it before but I can't do it this time....
  3. Display port for HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port for HDMI not working: I cannot get the second monitor to work. It seems there is no output signal from display port for HDMI. I'm wondering if there is some setting that need to be done? (The monitor (HP LA2306x) is working fine with another computer)...
  4. Windows 10 update 1903 breaks or makes useless HDMI ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1903 breaks or makes useless HDMI ports: on 8-2-2019 I clicked on the "restart to update" notification. As soon as update finished, i had 2 out of 3 monitors on a triple monitor setup go out. Also, i went to the T.V. and it was blank. I had a roku 3 setup with it . I was able to go to second HDMI port and roku...
  5. I have 2 HDMI ports in my pc but only one works

I have 2 HDMI ports in my pc but only one works: I tried the suggentions of others with Trouble shooting but when ik got to the step: 'Go to view all' i wasn't able to find it. Does anyone have suggentions i just bought a second monitor and it doesent work. Or should i buy a HDMI splitter or switch because i don't need...
  6. how can I connect my surfasce pro laptop to sony tv screen using mini display port to HDMi...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I connect my surfasce pro laptop to sony tv screen using mini display port to HDMi...: how can I connect my surfasce pro laptop to sony tv screen using mini display port to HDMiadapotor. I need the instructions to connect please, my device sees the TV but wont shift to it...
  7. HDMI port on HP laptop isnt working/detecting by Windows 10

HDMI port on HP laptop isnt working/detecting by Windows 10: Hello there, I am new to this community, since I released swtich from Windows 7 to 10. I had some isuess with Wirless connection dropping constently and no Bluetooth dectection on windows. I have managed to fix up by my own, but there is still one big problem which is the...
  8. USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc.: Hello, so my desktops usb ports keep disconnecting after probably about 5 minutes after powering up. I have a custom built gaming computer that doesnt connect wirelessly to wifi so i use a usb converter thing to get wifi, thats the first thing that stops. but weirdly, if i...
  9. BRIGHTNESS and HDMI port not working on HP 250 G6 Notebook PC

BRIGHTNESS and HDMI port not working on HP 250 G6 Notebook PC: On my laptop, the HP 250 G6 Notebook PC has not been able to adjust screen brightness for a long time, and can not connect the monitor to a laptop through the HDMI slot, but I have tried the update display adapter ( which is Microsoft basic display adapter) and monitor but...
  10. LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode

LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode: I have a windows 10 (1809, 17763.316) that the 2nd LCD works at boot time, but as soon as the PC goes into sleep mode the 2nd display never awakes. Only a reboot restores the 2nd display. It is only the HDMI port with this issue. The DisplayPort has no issues. I can reproduce...