Windows 10: 2 High Definition Audio Controllers in my device manager and my microphone and headset not...

Discus and support 2 High Definition Audio Controllers in my device manager and my microphone and headset not... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Inside my device manager, there is currently 2 "High Definition Audio Controllers" appearing under the system devices drop-down. One has the normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MishaM1, Sep 18, 2019.

1. MishaM1 Win User

2 High Definition Audio Controllers in my device manager and my microphone and headset not...

Inside my device manager, there is currently 2 "High Definition Audio Controllers" appearing under the system devices drop-down. One has the normal icon but one has the icon with the yellow triangle exclamation mark. At the same time, my pc has stopped detecting my headset and microphone in the audio settings. Please Help.

:)

MishaM1, Sep 18, 2019

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

2 High Definition Audio Controllers in my device manager and my microphone and headset not... [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Sep 18, 2019
  3. PixelPoc Win User
    Computer Not Using and or Not recognizing Headset Microphone

Recently I got a gaming headset but upon plugging in the headset my microphone jack, I realized my computer was not picking up audio from the headset mic. I have looked through other forums but I still cannot find a solution to this problem. I have looked at the sound settings and saw that under the recording category, It shows a second microphone device that is only accessible by plugging in my headset. But when doing so I've noticed that when talking into my headset mic the recordings menu does not show any signs of sound. But if I tap my headset the sound meter goes up. This makes me think that my computer only picks up sounds around the headset and not the mic itself.

Here is an URL to my Microsoft support question there you can see a picture as well as some replies primarily by me.

Link) Headset Microphone Not Working - Microsoft Community

Other Info
    1) For my sounds, video and game controllers in the Device Manager I have High Definition Audio Device and Intel(R) Display Audio listed.
    2) I have a windows 7 upgraded to windows 10

PixelPoc, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Gene64 Win User

2 High Definition Audio Controllers in my device manager and my microphone and headset not...

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Taking those steps changed the devices in the playback (now they're "2- High Definition Audio Device" instead of "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC". But unfortunately, I still cannot
    hear anything, though it did fix my problem where my microphone would say "Currently unavailable".

Gene64, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

1. 2 High Definition Audio Controllers in my device manager and my microphone and headset not... - Similar Threads - High Definition Audio

2. Headset appearing as Microphone Array RealtekR Audio and not as high definition audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset appearing as Microphone Array RealtekR Audio and not as high definition audio...: I have a razer blackshark V2 headset, that normally records up to 24 bit 192000 hz studio quality. However one day it just appeared as Microphone Array and any instances of "High Definition Audio Device" completely disappeared from my device. Since then the highest quality I...
  3. Headset appearing as Microphone Array RealtekR Audio and not as high definition audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset appearing as Microphone Array RealtekR Audio and not as high definition audio...: I have a razer blackshark V2 headset, that normally records up to 24 bit 192000 hz studio quality. However one day it just appeared as Microphone Array and any instances of "High Definition Audio Device" completely disappeared from my device. Since then the highest quality I...
  4. Headset appearing as Microphone Array RealtekR Audio and not as high definition audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2 high definition audio device not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 high definition audio device not working: 2 high definition audio device not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-high-definition-audio-device-not-working/c27ffd1c-5243-4553-871c-ce75cdd61f77
  6. 2 high definition audio device not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 high definition audio device not working: 2 high definition audio device not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-high-definition-audio-device-not-working/c27ffd1c-5243-4553-871c-ce75cdd61f77
  7. 2 high definition audio device not working

8. 2 High Definition Audio Controllers in my device manager and my microphone and headset not...

2 High Definition Audio Controllers in my device manager and my microphone and headset not...: 2 High Definition Audio Controllers in my device manager and my microphone and headset not being detected by pcInside my device manager, there is currently 2 "High Definition Audio Controllers" appearing under the system devices drop-down. One has the normal icon but one has...
  9. No Audio Output Device Installed - Device Manager Lists "High Definition Audio Controller"...

No Audio Output Device Installed - Device Manager Lists "High Definition Audio Controller"...: Hello all, I am currently running Windows 10 on an MSI GS63 Stealth GS63 Stealth 8RE 64-bit machine. Today I restarted my computer after having installed some unrelated software Bluejeans when suddenly I noticed I could no longer select my normal computer audio as an...
  10. High Definition Audio Controller not recognised in device manager

High Definition Audio Controller not recognised in device manager: Hi, I reinstalled my windows recently and I don't have any sound from my motherboard. I can connect my speakers to my monitor, which uses the Nvidia High Definition Audio, but that's not what I need. When I plug my speakers/headset into my pc front or back panel, nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have 2 high definition audio in device manager