Windows 10: 2 hour lockout

Discus and support 2 hour lockout in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A friend's Asus laptop computer locked him out for two hours. Here's what he said: "When the battery runs totally out of power on my Asus, upon... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by idigweeds, Jan 19, 2020.

1. idigweeds Win User

2 hour lockout

A friend's Asus laptop computer locked him out for two hours. Here's what he said:

"When the battery runs totally out of power on my Asus, upon using the power cord to charge it and attempting to get back to my home screen the screen says my password will not work for two hours. Is there a way around this?"

So what, exactly, could cause this kind of lockout?

Assuming this happens again, how would he get into his computer before the two house are up?

:)

idigweeds, Jan 19, 2020
  2. EmazAnwar Win User

Lumia 640 2 hour lockout?

Have your phone started working after 2 hours?

EmazAnwar, Jan 19, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 2 hour lockout :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 19, 2020
  4. 2 hour lockout

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

2 hour lockout

1. 2 hour lockout - Similar Threads - hour lockout

2. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  3. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  4. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  5. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  6. I just got a new pc delivered to me, and I set it up a few hours ago, but Ithe internet is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just got a new pc delivered to me, and I set it up a few hours ago, but Ithe internet is...: I just got a new pc delivered to me, and I set it up a few hours ago, but t.he internet is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-got-a-new-pc-delivered-to-me-and-i-set-it/745cc8d4-3ffa-4053-97c1-e9a2b41cef10
  7. Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed: My laptop got locked out for 2 hours after a sudden shutdown due to shortage of battery power. I read online and changed the Lockout Policy. Still the next time my laptop ran out of battery and shut down suddenly, i still got locked out for 2 hours. Is there anyway to change...
  8. Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed: My laptop got locked out for 2 hours after a sudden shutdown due to shortage of battery power. I read online and changed the Lockout Policy. Still the next time my laptop ran out of battery and shut down suddenly, i still got locked out for 2 hours. Is there anyway to change...
  9. Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed

10. TPM lockout for 2 hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TPM lockout for 2 hours: Why do I get TPM locked out of Windows 10 for two hours with error "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again." after...